Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: New Fourwheeler (PICS 5/27 LAST PAGE)  (Read 14047 times)

Offline dabigbratj

• TJR Founding Father
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
    • Email
Re: New Fourwheeler
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 10:59:08 PM »
I'm disagreeing with Eric, Erich, and jake... F*cKIN BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

If you part this sucker out you'll make it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than your $2700 you have invested.. Nice buy man.. kinda ugly plastics. but if you shop around since its built w/ the 250r frame.. There's some SWEEEET options for you man! :batman:
:bash: :slap:
i would agree you could get alot more out of it but just not to appealing
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 01:59:22 AM »
BAD ASS Indeed. Good pickup :cheers:
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 02:01:32 AM »
yea i know its not the best looking, and I really dont care. set of plastics and some PC can fix that if i want.

I'm happy so far. I'll post more updates when I actually get to ride the damn thing.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 03:36:46 AM »
I'm disagreeing with Eric, Erich, and jake... F*cKIN BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

If you part this sucker out you'll make it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than your $2700 you have invested.. Nice buy man.. kinda ugly plastics. but if you shop around since its built w/ the 250r frame.. There's some SWEEEET options for you man! :batman:

DUH! It has handguards.   :lol: jus playin'
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 09:45:15 AM »
notice from the pics in the driveway, no handguards :lol:

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 09:48:01 AM »
No offense. I liked the yfz better.

I have to agree.
+1

You guys are funny, I'd take the new quad over a yfz any day of the week.  Any of you ever seen/ridden a Lonestar or Houser framed R?  And the 426 is an excellent powerplant, heck this is the quad I wanted back in 2003 when I got this raptor.

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 09:55:29 AM »

This coming from a homo with hand guards.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 09:57:29 AM »

I have to agree.
+1

You guys are funny, I'd take the new quad over a yfz any day of the week.  Any of you ever seen/ridden a Lonestar or Houser framed R?  And the 426 is an excellent powerplant, heck this is the quad I wanted back in 2003 when I got this raptor.

Its just not my style.  And yes, I've seen and ridden a houser framed R. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 10:29:26 AM »

I have to agree.
+1

Ok, both of the quads are four stroke yamaha powered 450cc atvs designed for mx type racing.  Is it more about the styling or the premise of a pre-built atv from a manufacturer vs what is basically a standard variation on a custom 250R?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:46:06 AM by Mad Dog »

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 10:38:39 AM »
I thinks it's a great buy. When is your first race and when are you going to D town on that thing.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 10:50:19 AM »

I have to agree.
+1

Ok, both of the quads are four stroke yamaha powered 450cc atvs designed for mx type racing.  Is it more about the styling or the premise of a pre-built atv from a manufacturer vs what is basically a standard variation on a custom 250R?

Two things I didn't like about the houser R, one was the ride, it just didn't suit me well.  And the second was the looks, I'm just not a fan of it.  Plus I would never pick up something that was used for racing by someone else, I just don't trust how they took care of it. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 12:33:10 PM »
MD you seem to know more about these things than I do. Might have to hit ya up if I ever have any questions.

and Socal dont hate :lol: I really dont care about the styling, i wanted a built bike and i got it. and its still a yami motor. :clap:

foundarealquad, I'm not racing it. I'd like to, but Dad wont let me, and im not old enough to race a 450cc machine.

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 02:39:33 PM »
No it's not technically the "prettiest" setup and doesn't look like a tricked out 700R hill shooter.  I was always partial to the front plastics and headlight setup from the '88 R in red.  But it is a classic look and still a good one to me.

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 05:45:32 PM »
Awesome bike kyle  :nana:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2009, 08:52:18 PM »
They make some SWEET cowl style Carbon Fiber hoods for those! change up the color scheme and you'll have a trick lookin bike!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once