Should Suzuki build a big bore sport quad?

Started by VelociRaptor, February 22, 2009, 02:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on February 24, 2009, 09:53:22 AM
Quote from: fire raptor on February 23, 2009, 04:27:06 PM
If Honda had gone sraight for that Raptor market and built a staight axle 700cc quad about 100lbs less in weight they would have taken sales from the Raptor. There are hard core Honda loving humans out there that would buy such a quad. Even the hard core Honda folks cannot find a spot for the IRS 700. One IRS sport quad in the market is enough. Polaris seems to have that market locked up.

Did pretty well in the Baja 1000 though. :thumbs: :thumbs:

still fugly.  (need a thumbs down smily) :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

fire raptor

18000$ worth of mods and did no major engine work other than a cam. Give me 18000$ and i can make a Kymco win!!!

Peelz

Quote from: fire raptor on February 24, 2009, 10:18:30 AM
18000$ worth of mods and did no major engine work other than a cam. Give me 18000$ and i can make a Kymco win!!!

+1 owned :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Sure they dumped a lot of money into it.. But.. That's like any bike that's entered into the Baja... HUGE money pits.. There's a reason why it's only big name manufacture'ers that win. ;)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

Give me $10,000 and I'll rebadge a Raptor with Kymco stickers and win.

:lol:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

fire raptor

The Kymco remark was of course in jest. If the Raptor could get a large tank it could compete with other quads. As with any racing you will drop some bucks. Motorcycles and Quads are some of the last vehicle that the ordinary guy can afford to race in Mexico. Even the poor mans class like class 11 stock VW,s cost a fortune to set up and race. Years ago I drove a Jeep in the 1000 for the first 450 miles. At that time you could do the race for a few thousand dollars. Today to race any thing as a privateer is going to cost you the farm. The shorter races like the 250 can still be done with in the working mans budget . Better yet how about Raptor Source putting together a team and take on Matlock and defend Yamahas honor.

Peelz

you foot the bill, and install the parts on my rappy, i'll be there. :lol:

fire raptor

I had in mind that the Source would foot the bills. You do understand that your new Raptor will turn into new trash in one day. It destroys,mind,body and vehicle.

preddy08

If honda would get smart like polaris and offer a IRS and a stright axle 700xx they would really have something. You might look out for that in the near future. The outlaw was out for a year or two and they came right back out with a stirght axle outlaws.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Flynbyu

Quote from: fire raptor on February 24, 2009, 11:31:47 AM
I had in mind that the Source would foot the bills. You do understand that your new Raptor will turn into new trash in one day. It destroys,mind,body and vehicle.

The Source would need a MAJOR jump in VIP and sponsorships.

Say 100,000 VIP's?

:lol:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Quote from: fire raptor on February 24, 2009, 10:50:42 AM
The Kymco remark was of course in jest. If the Raptor could get a large tank it could compete with other quads. As with any racing you will drop some bucks. Motorcycles and Quads are some of the last vehicle that the ordinary guy can afford to race in Mexico. Even the poor mans class like class 11 stock VW,s cost a fortune to set up and race. Years ago I drove a Jeep in the 1000 for the first 450 miles. At that time you could do the race for a few thousand dollars. Today to race any thing as a privateer is going to cost you the farm. The shorter races like the 250 can still be done with in the working mans budget . Better yet how about Raptor Source putting together a team and take on Matlock and defend Yamahas honor.

Pretty good artlicle in ATV Rider on Matlock and his really good Baja record. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

fire raptor