Should Suzuki build a big bore sport quad?

Started by VelociRaptor, February 22, 2009, 02:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

I'm really surprised Honda (other than the 700xx) or Suzuki haven't stepped up their game already. Seems the 700 is all by itself in the BB scene.

I'd be all for them making one. Suzuki makes some top  notch stuff. I got to ride around on my friends LTR when he bought it new in 06' They know how to make stuff. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

FoundArealQuad

I think they should. Unfortunately with the market the way it is I think we are on the down hill slope for new sport machines.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Peelz

Quote from: FoundArealQuad on February 22, 2009, 04:07:41 PM
I think they should. Unfortunately with the market the way it is I think we are on the down hill slope for new sport machines.

I agree with this, but hope we are wrong. If Suzuki were to jump into the market, there might be nice engineering competition. And the consumer would benefit. Look at the 450's!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Out Back Welding

there is already a few bb quads out there kawi,artic cat,can-am,honda....cept they arnt anything like the yamaha raptor 700r(sport 2wd solid rear axle.

exentix

somebody needs to come out with a true sport 700... the kawi is automatic (boring) and the honda is irs (gay)... id like to see some competition :thumbs:

Out Back Welding

id say if anyone was gonna do it, it would be zuki

fire raptor

That engine in a LT-R Would make a great desert quad with a few changes. Taller tires and a larger factory tank would be a start. That engine is a 9.5 to 1 comp ratio thus making it good for builders looking for more and stock it would be a great Baja bike or long distance desert runner using low octane fuel. The LT-R is wide which is good for the Moto cross and desert "Baja" guys but not so good for the woods riders. To bad the economy is so bad, I doubt we will see anything like that soon.

FoundArealQuad

I think we will see Honda redesign the 700xx before Suzuki jumps into the game. Honda has not been keeping up in the market for a couple years now and they are biggest of the big three and can afford to do so. A 700xx losely based on the 450R I think would give the Rappy a run for its money. + There are a ton of 700xx on the floor still :lol:
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

monster757

Suzuki's are nice machines. My friend has a 400 that rips pretty good.

Mad Dog

Suzuki's planned big bore sport prototype has been sidelined indefinitely, they were working on one since before the LTR450 dropped.  I have no idea what motor it was running.

Flynbyu

I can see why. Getting into the Raptor's market share would be very hard. Honda's sales aren't doing so hot on their 700. I wouldn't be suprised to see it disappear in the near future.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

fire raptor

If Honda had gone sraight for that Raptor market and built a staight axle 700cc quad about 100lbs less in weight they would have taken sales from the Raptor. There are hard core Honda loving humans out there that would buy such a quad. Even the hard core Honda folks cannot find a spot for the IRS 700. One IRS sport quad in the market is enough. Polaris seems to have that market locked up.

monster757

I rode the 700xx and it had some power, but it felt like a sport utility like the wolverine. I like hondas but they are just trying to make the 700 too much like a comfort quad.

Krandall

Quote from: fire raptor on February 23, 2009, 04:27:06 PM
If Honda had gone sraight for that Raptor market and built a staight axle 700cc quad about 100lbs less in weight they would have taken sales from the Raptor. There are hard core Honda loving humans out there that would buy such a quad. Even the hard core Honda folks cannot find a spot for the IRS 700. One IRS sport quad in the market is enough. Polaris seems to have that market locked up.

Did pretty well in the Baja 1000 though. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once