My winter build all done!

Started by rutcutter, February 02, 2009, 04:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onelunglow

It's Friday where I live.... Where's the graphs....  :P
06 - White Raptor
04 - Green KFX80
92 - White/Blue Banshee
88 - Lt500 Drag quad (ski-doo - 809 installed)

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

rutcutter

It's at KBR.. Having them install a slingshot lockup while it is there. Kam said that he may play around with some other components to see what he can get out of it. As of right now it won't be coming home till next week sometime.

Maybe if the KBR guys see this post they can up load the the dyno charts when they get them.
08 Grey 700R
Web 4 Cam
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ign. custom curve
Kenny's +3 Throttle body
Kenny's evac valve
FCI intake
Barker dual exhaust
Racers Edge12:1 piston
Racers Edge CNC porting
Ferrea +2 intake and exhaust valves
Kibble White valve springs
Hot Rod +5 stroker crank

Onelunglow

Quote from: rutcutter on February 07, 2009, 08:12:23 AM
It's at KBR.. Having them install a slingshot lockup while it is there. Kam said that he may play around with some other components to see what he can get out of it. As of right now it won't be coming home till next week sometime.

Maybe if the KBR guys see this post they can up load the the dyno charts when they get them.

we have to wait... :( :'( ::)..... :lol:
06 - White Raptor
04 - Green KFX80
92 - White/Blue Banshee
88 - Lt500 Drag quad (ski-doo - 809 installed)

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

rutcutter

Results are in, a little disappointing. 61 hp and max torque of 45.75 .  I talked with John at Racers Edge, he thinks there is more potential in the engine. I did have excessive clearances in the piston to head and piston to valves. Plus the piston was sitting in the whole at well over .60.  He thinks that we need to tighten up the clearance and take another look at the +2 valves.

He wants me to drag it down to his shop so he can play with it.  14-15 hr drive one way for me. I will probably do it in the next couple of weeks.

So here it is, I spent $1400 on these last mods that works out to $233.33 bucks a HP.  I was at 55 HP and now at 61HP
08 Grey 700R
Web 4 Cam
PCIII
Kenny's +3 Throttle body
Kenny's evac valve
FCI intake
Barker dual exhaust
Racers Edge CNC porting
Hot Rod +5 stroker crank

Krandall

I don't know much about the RE CNC. But it seems like It's failing on 2 parts. One the piston to head clearance is one.. Tightening that up should pump up your compression a bit. But. I know his mid. And possibly the piston itself. You'll have to be mixing 50/50 with that. Might as well run straight race and bump up to a 14:1 piston. that alone should push you up rather well. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Krandall

Be interesting to see that same build w/ +1 valves and same RE CNC'd head vs the +2's.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

rutcutter

My altitude I should get by with pump gas. ^ 4500' is where I ride. That is why I chose the piston. I am running 100 octane pump gas in it right now at $6.44 a gallon.  I will drop it down the 91 after a couple tanks.
08 Grey 700R
Web 4 Cam
PCIII
Kenny's +3 Throttle body
Kenny's evac valve
FCI intake
Barker dual exhaust
Racers Edge CNC porting