Power Commander 5 Info Please

Started by Krandall, January 28, 2009, 12:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunz

Different setups maybe? IE fuels, pipes, intake setup....some might change their intake setup if they ride 2 different styles like dune/woods. IDK I'm grabbing at straws here....... but I would use the 2 different maps.

Let me get this straight. The O2 sensor hook up will automatically adjust a map for your applications? So if I decided to go from stock to 11:1 and big 3, it would automatically make a map for me? No more dyno's or begging for a map everytime I make an upgrade?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Krandall

supposedly the auto tune kids need a "base map" to start with.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

tonyrt44

Quote from: Krandall on January 28, 2009, 10:50:37 PM
supposedly the auto tune kids need a "base map" to start with.

Yes you're right.
PCV needs a base map to run, and it will adjust the fuel% as it goes based on the user's required A/F input.

if you don't install a base map, PCV will go into a learning phase to establish its own base map. I just don't know how long it takes to accomplish it
Ranking:   ???

tonyrt44

When Dyno tuned, A/F can be controlled as a variable through out the rpm range, ie.  12.8 @ idle and 13.5 @ 8500rpm

Can this flexibility be applied to the PCV self adjusting O2 setup?
Ranking:   ???

Krandall

Hoping Steve will chime in :)

I'm hoping this isn't "To good to be true" I can see quite a few people ditching the PCIII and going to the 5 if it means no more dyno's. :) I know for me it'd be great. Closest one to me is a 4 hour drive 1 way!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

TechQuadShop

Basically everything you have read here is true.  Hassan (tonyrt) is correct as well.  You upload a map on your pc5 and then set your desired A/f ratio.  The auto tune kit will make adjustments to your map to keep you at this ratio. 

PC3 maps will not work. 

PC5 is designed for 2009 raptor's

We will have PC5's for the 2006-2008 available in kit
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

Krandall

Quote from: TechQuadShop on January 29, 2009, 09:45:14 AM
Basically everything you have read here is true.  Hassan (tonyrt) is correct as well.  You upload a map on your pc5 and then set your desired A/f ratio.  The auto tune kit will make adjustments to your map to keep you at this ratio. 

PC3 maps will not work. 

That's crazy. Maybe you could shed some light.

What's the difference between an 09' raptor and an 06'?  I thought it was (in a nutshell) the hood/dash.. ??? ???

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Onelunglow

Quote from: Krandall on January 29, 2009, 09:51:58 AM
Quote from: TechQuadShop on January 29, 2009, 09:45:14 AM

PC3 maps will not work. 

That's crazy. Maybe you could shed some light.

What's the difference between an 09' raptor and an 06'?  I thought it was (in a nutshell) the hood/dash.. ??? ???

Could be that the wires/connectors they use for a pc5 match only the 09 raptor. I've seen it on different banshee before. 
06 - White Raptor
04 - Green KFX80
92 - White/Blue Banshee
88 - Lt500 Drag quad (ski-doo - 809 installed)

Krandall

Trying to think of what the PCIII plugs into...

Goes into the Fuel Injector and TPS... Can you think of anything else I'm missing.. ???

I'm gonna see if they have different part #'s.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Peelz

yep, just like a car. Loop system with o2 sensor. Will adjust itself to changing conditions, but can only go so far before needing base settings remapped. THis sounds promising. Love seeing the little kids with their half-assed attempts to be drag racers sitting with their laptops hooked up to their little hondas. :lol:

My favorite thing about this is you could have quiet cores to ride with your family in your local park, then rip them sucka's outta there to go hit the dunes or drags. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Gunz

Quote from: Krandall on January 29, 2009, 07:27:28 AM
Hoping Steve will chime in :)

I'm hoping this isn't "To good to be true" I can see quite a few people ditching the PCIII and going to the 5 if it means no more dyno's. :) I know for me it'd be great. Closest one to me is a 4 hour drive 1 way!

I'll be all over it like a fly to $hit.... :grin_nod:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Dhunter1231

700 SE, Barker's, FCI, PCIII, Prog. Dyna. Ignition, 11:1 JE, HC 3, Port & Polish, +3 TB

RaptorRandy

So far the only info I have found on the PC5 and the Auto tune kit is on the PC5 website and it only has the info for the Harley Davidson unit. I assume it will be pretty much the same for the Raptor other than individual cylinder tuning, obviousley.

Auto Tune for Power Commander V
"Auto Tune" kits are available that include Wide Band O2 sensors and control boxes. It will plug directly into the PCV and allow automatic fuel adjustments.
Auto Tune can make a map for each gear it can map each cylinder separately for each gear if needed. (basic settings would make one map for all gears)
"Warm Up" fuel adjustment (unit reads engine temp and allows fuel/timing adjustments based on it)
Each map cell is individually adjustable so you can specify an exact AFR value for each area if needed. This allows the tuner/user to select specific AFR targets for idle, cruise, and large throttle opening areas. By doing this you can automatically tune the cruise area for best fuel economy while at the same time achieve maximum power at wide open throttle.
If we do not have the exact map for your combination of parts you simply need to choose the closest one and let the Auto Tune kit do the rest. If you have an very heavily modified engine and/or short drag pipes verifying your settings on a dynamometer is recommended.

Here's a link to the page: http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_hd/powercommander_v_information.aspx#autotune

:cheers:

Randy 

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

fastraptor

I think it in theory it is great and if they get it right the first time it will have the ovious advantages,I think the sensor may be bulkey it would be cool if someone made a small sensor
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Krandall

Quote from: fastraptor on February 02, 2009, 10:09:35 AM
I think it in theory it is great and if they get it right the first time it will have the ovious advantages,I think the sensor may be bulkey it would be cool if someone made a small sensor

plus, it's also requiring you to tap into an exhaust pipe somewhere. :help:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: