General consensus on Maxxis Rzr 2 tires

Started by Headrope, January 27, 2009, 01:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on February 01, 2009, 07:15:42 PM
Quote from: monster757 on February 01, 2009, 04:17:01 PM
All my friends run Razr's in the back at 20" and stock size Razr 2's up front.

20" is the regular rear size  :thumbs:

So Headrope, did you ever come up with a decision?

Ha,ha,ha ... NO.

I think I might end up sacrificing too much fun factor by going with the Razr2s - but the raised yellow letters would look totally badass.

I started checking out Kendas  - but got frustrated because they seem to be just as good as the original Razr (which I'd probably go with if I went with Maxxis).

So basically it has become a battle of the brands. Kind of like buying blue jeans: Both Wranglers and Levis can get the job done, and both are extremely overpriced.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

FoundArealQuad

The original Razr is anything but over prized compared to most.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Headrope

Compared to most I agree with. But most are overpriced.

Tires for toys should not cost as much as tires for trucks.

But it's pay to play and I understand that.
Two '06 700R SEs

FoundArealQuad

I agree I think we should not be paying more than $50 for any ATV tire.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

zx10r203

Quote from: Polarass525 on February 02, 2009, 08:24:38 AM
I agree I think we should not be paying more than $50 for any ATV tire.

Its supply and demand.  There is a limited number of companies that make tires or in this case a good tire and they get to charge whatever they want for that product.  Sadly we will probably pay!!  :mad:

FoundArealQuad

robkd

I have rzr 2's front and back on mine for riding up here in the desert, but i normally leave the fronts on in the sand and they suck.  They are heavy and don't turn well.(in the sand)  Out in the dirt, and snow they have been really tough and i have never cut one down on any rocks or anything, but thats why i bought them because they are 6 ply.  I personally put mine on a set of douglas .190 rims and they have done great.

Headrope

Whatever tires I go with will be put on stock Yamaha wheels. I've done plenty of riding since 2006 so figure if a wheel were to fail it would have by now. Not that I'm against aftermarket wheels (most look much better than stock) I'm just happy with what I've got.

Great. I've probably jinxed myself now. Stay tuned for a post from me next month asking about wheels. :lol:
Two '06 700R SEs

Krandall

Quote from: Headrope on February 02, 2009, 05:10:57 PM
Whatever tires I go with will be put on stock Yamaha wheels. I've done plenty of riding since 2006 so figure if a wheel were to fail it would have by now. Not that I'm against aftermarket wheels (most look much better than stock) I'm just happy with what I've got.

Great. I've probably jinxed myself now. Stay tuned for a post from me next month asking about wheels. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I've been running the stock wheels sinc eI've had my rappy. THey are a solid wheel :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Headrope

I've decided to go with Maxxis but have read they are taller than stock tires regardless of the measurement printed on the side so am - again - asking for your help:

What size Razr (original) would I want up front and in back? I don't mind the quad sitting higher than stock.

What size Razr 2 would I want up front and in back? I don't mind the quad sitting higher than stock.

Note: I will be using stock wheels.

Please and thanks - yet again (again).
Two '06 700R SEs

09RappySE

I have the 20x11x9 6 ply Razrs on the back and 21x7x10 Razr2's on the front, the fronts do sit a little higher than stock about a 1/2 inch, all are mounted on stock rims.

Jeff
734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 12:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 74hp 52Tq

07 LT-R450
500cc Kit
Porting by Bo
DMC Pro Comp 4
Trinity intake
ATP intake Cam
Tuned by EHS 50hp 34Tq