General consensus on Maxxis Rzr 2 tires

Started by Headrope, January 27, 2009, 01:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

lots of folks have reported that the Kenda claws are a good trail tire too, and there way cheaper than either GNCCs or H2s

fire raptor

We have 2 sets of Kenda Claw Parker dt,s It is a new 6ply desert tire. Between my son and i we put 1400 miles on the tires with no flats and excellent wear. They are heavy. Not and issue with us for what we do. 247$ per set delivered. Hard to beat.

preddy08

Quote from: Headrope on January 27, 2009, 03:16:41 PM
Everything I've read about the GNCC seems to indicate it's a terrific tire but wears quickly.

When I got my holeshot XCRs I was worried about them wearing fast because I could litterly bend the knob over and lay it flat on the tire. EVERYONE was amazed at how soft they are, but they have held up for two year through nasty rocks, and pavement use. Two years later they are about 50% there.

Just a little 81hp trail bike.

FoundArealQuad

DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Colorado700R

Quote from: Polarass525 on January 27, 2009, 06:05:34 PM
What's wrong with regular Razrs

not a damn thing for the rear if you like to slide.  But the sidewalls on the fronts roll too much IMO.

Oilfield_Mafia

Ive got RZR's on the back of my700 and I love them.. they get awesome traction.. but I found out the hard way that they are no good for sliding on flat track racing..  :grin_nod:
Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

FoundArealQuad

For the price and the wear I don't think there is a better all around tire. I know the ITP HD front are horrible tires. They are about as stiff as you can get. The rears hook up great and the don't seem to wear at all, but they are heavy as all hell. The Razr 2s are great, but some times you don't want all that traction and they seem to make the front end push real hard into corners.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Headrope

So a set of regular Razrs (not Razr 2) might be better on the rear if I still want to throw the rear end around?
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

FoundArealQuad

Yes and for the money they are really hard to pass up.

Livingmylife93

Quote from: Headrope on January 28, 2009, 03:28:56 PM
So a set of regular Razrs (not Razr 2) might be better on the rear if I still want to throw the rear end around?

Yes!

I just rode my razr 2's in the snow today, and they did a pretty good job

NaturalRaptor

Quote from: Headrope on January 28, 2009, 03:28:56 PM

The regular Razrs are great lasting and easy to slide. I loved mine on the ol' 660 and hauling ass down dirt roads and sliding through the corners. Now I have Razr 2s and the hook up really good and lost the sliding ability a bit.
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

09RappySE

I have the regular razr's on the back and the razr2's on the front, the razr's on the rear have a very preditable/controlable slide and yet do very well in the mud as well, the fronts hook up extreemely well and will allow you to steer even in deep mud. I won't use anything else.
734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 12:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 74hp 52Tq

07 LT-R450
500cc Kit
Porting by Bo
DMC Pro Comp 4
Trinity intake
ATP intake Cam
Tuned by EHS 50hp 34Tq

Livingmylife93

Quote from: 09RappySE on January 30, 2009, 12:39:53 PM
I have the regular razr's on the back and the razr2's on the front, the razr's on the rear have a very preditable/controlable slide and yet do very well in the mud as well, the fronts hook up extreemely well and will allow you to steer even in deep mud. I won't use anything else.

Thats the set up i want to get next time, Razr 2's up front, Razr 1's in the back

monster757

All my friends run Razr's in the back at 20" and stock size Razr 2's up front.

Livingmylife93

Quote from: monster757 on February 01, 2009, 04:17:01 PM
All my friends run Razr's in the back at 20" and stock size Razr 2's up front.

20" is the regular rear size  :thumbs:

So Headrope, did you ever come up with a decision?