Lets get to know one another

Started by UncleBeaner, May 08, 2008, 09:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

Wicked!

The Iphone takes great pictures. My wife loves hers!

Every summer, we are frotunate to see a few Apaches that stop at our local airport when they are training at Fort Chaffee just outside of Fort Smith, AR.

Always cool to see the baddest rotorcraft on the planet, I couldn't imagine working with them or flying them.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Brian.. This would be you if you worked w/ bad ass birds and heli's all day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAg03_zYVtU

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

Quote from: Krandall on December 10, 2008, 07:43:27 AM
Brian.. This would be you if you worked w/ bad ass birds and heli's all day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAg03_zYVtU

Hell yeah.

On of these days I would love to get instrument rated and fly twins.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Luofy931

My cousin is getting stationed at Fort Chaffee next year June timeframe.  We have already made plans for me to help move from Fort Drum, Ny to Fort Chaffee. Early in my Army years, Fort Chaffee was where the Joint Rediness Training Center was.  Is there good place's to ride there?  I'm sure I'll be visiting them alot.

Colorado700R

if your looking for lots of trail riding, check out Ft. Carson  :thumbs:

Flynbyu

Quote from: Luofy931 on December 10, 2008, 10:36:23 AM
My cousin is getting stationed at Fort Chaffee next year June timeframe.  We have already made plans for me to help move from Fort Drum, Ny to Fort Chaffee. Early in my Army years, Fort Chaffee was where the Joint Rediness Training Center was.  Is there good place's to ride there?  I'm sure I'll be visiting them alot.

Your cousin is coming in June? Man, it will be a hot mofo herre then! He'll love having swamp ass with all the humidity.

There are many good places to ride around here. Along the Arkansas River on the Oklahoma side!

Chaffee has a lot of history. My grandpa was stationed there and has pictures of Elvis getting his haircut on base. My mom, aunts, and uncles where all born there. My dad was stationed there, and I was there when the Cuban Riots took place. The main gate was relocated further south, and much of the old part of the base was annexed by the city of Barling.  There's still a lot of training that takes place there. Troops preparing for the sandbox, and Guard units training. The MOA airspace to the south stays hot year round with our local A-10's from the 188th, and F-16's from Tulsa, along with a few F-18's in the summer. Lots of activity still. A few AH-64's, and several Chinooks, and UH-60's.

It's a sad sight out a Chaffee because a lot of the old buildings are collapsing and are run down. There were several hundred damaged or destroyed by a wildfire in the early part of 2008. The fire wiped out several barracks and did a lot of damage.

Here are a few aerials I shot after it happened.....Here's the old main gate entrance on Highway 22

Heading East, just south of the main gate

Give me a shout when you're make it down to the area, we'll load up and do some riding!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Luofy931

LOL :lol: Swamp ass.  We get alot of that here too.  Thanks for the pics, but I have to wait till I get home to see it.  Damn work computers :(  Wow thats more activity then I thought that goes on there since the JRTC moved to Ft. Polk, LA.  I see rotor wing every day, I would love to see fixed wing more often though.  We get the C-5's, C-17's, C-130's every now and then and a few A-10's and F-18's doing touch and go's.  Since I've been here working on this airfield I've seen the space shuttle 3 times being piggybacked on that modified 747 and Airforce One twice in the past 10 years. 

Again thanks for the pic's.  BTW which do you perfer to be called on here flybyu or Brian.
And thanks peels, its good to here.

Flynbyu

The shuttle?

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Awesome.

Lots of fixed wing a/c here, it never gets old.

Doesn't matter what you call me, whatever is easier to type.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on December 10, 2008, 01:27:22 PM

~Brian

"Beotch" is easy enough....Thanks  :thumbs:

:lol:

Flynbyu

Quote from: Colorado700R on December 10, 2008, 01:33:15 PM

~Brian

I didn't know this was the part of the program where you were supposed to interrupt!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on December 10, 2008, 01:34:42 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on December 10, 2008, 01:33:15 PM

~Brian

I didn't know this was the part of the program where you were supposed to interrupt!

~Brian

Was I supposed to reserve that name for the bedroom only ?   whoops, sorry  :lol:

Luofy931

You guys f**king funny  :rofl:  I can tell already I'm going to like it here alot.  Whenever I get down time here at work I go here http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/index.html to get my fill of some badass Acft pics.  I know what you mean Brian about it never gets old.  Don't get me wrong I see helicopters all day long, but still enjoy watching them take off, fly and land.  The bonus is when you get some good video of your Acft shooting something or some unfortunate person/persons up. 

For some reason I can look a pic's everywhere else except on forums. 

Flynbyu

I love the Gulf War footage of Apache's taking out trucks of insurgents......"Hit 'em again!"

One of my favorite clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX9oKCPup0U

Awesome stuff.

I surf www.Airliners.net from time to time. There are some incredible shots from spotters around the world. All types of a/c, including foreign birds.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Luofy931

Oh yeah that one of my fav's too.  That Airliners site is awesome, I wish I found that years ago.