Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XIX

Started by Flynbyu, December 17, 2008, 10:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

Quote from: Peels660 on December 18, 2008, 08:23:20 AM
Happy Nigerian Republic Day!.

+1 RIP Chris Farley.

Brian, you got time to talk cars? :lol: I have a question. My parents bought a lemon. :rolleyes:

Fire away sir.

I've got all day.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

BRAD

2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Mad Dog

My mother/stepfather just traded in a lemon (Explorer SportTrac).

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Mad Dog

Nope, but they got the ford dealer to take it on trade for a new pickup and they already had the explorer paid off (it's an 02 or 03). 

Now they own 2 super dutys...not sure why

Flynbyu

Hmm.

Most dealers won't trade for stuff like that, especially if it has been declared a Lemon by Ford. Stuff like that goes straight to auction.

Glad they were able to get out of it!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Mad Dog

They couldn't get it declared a lemon, so to Ford it just looked like a car that had been at the dealer shop a lot.

New truck is an 08 F-250 SD.  Black/tan (two tone) king ranch with a crew cab and 8' box.  Should be a land yacht.  :lol:

Flynbyu

For a laugh, I like to read Craigslist and personal ads to see if I know who is being naughty.

I don't know who this poor sap is, but if you guys have a personal ad on Craigslist in the Fort Smith, AR area you might want to remove your ad. This guy is going to get all the ass.

"I am looking for a woman to satisfy,I can and will find your g-spot i;ve never failed.I need a woman with experence I do not want a young girl.My x wife is 52 and i prefer older weman,but will consider all age's...My x has my house, vehical and son..I need and miss spooning,holding hands,and most of all kissing,i have been told that i am a great kisser..I will send pic show me yours and i will show you mine. LOL I am looking for a friend, lover, mother,a mate. Goodluck "

:lol:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Mad Dog on December 18, 2008, 09:00:07 AM
They couldn't get it declared a lemon, so to Ford it just looked like a car that had been at the dealer shop a lot.

New truck is an 08 F-250 SD.  Black/tan (two tone) king ranch with a crew cab and 8' box.  Should be a land yacht.  :lol:

I see.

The new F250's are nice trucks. By far, some of the best trucks Ford has built in a long time.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Brian:

Here's the skinny. Mom emails me an ebay link to a truck. Since I am always a pessimist when it comes to used vehicles, I usually give bad news. I subscribe to the thought "if it looks to good to be true, it is" Most times they don't ask anymore. So, she calls and says, what do you think?... I don't care what you say, we are doing it anyways. :rolleyes:  It was a 2005 S10 Extra cab 2wd longbed with 33k. Service package (no options) So they buy it from a dealer in the Quad Cities here in Ia. Naturally I assume my bro and my dad gave it the once over. Apparently not. He didn't know where his hood latch was. Truck died in the walmart parking lot when that ice storm hit a week ago, I tried to go rescue it, no luck. Fouled his plugs...
Heat doesn't work either.  :rolleyes: So we pick it up from the mechanic last night, dad asks me to drive it home and check it out. Still no heat after antifreeze topped off. But even worse. Tie rods or something shot. 5-10 degrees of play in the steering. Freaked me out. Yeah I am little irked at them right now.

I told him if this truck has 33k miles I will eat my shoe. They bought as is, so they are f**ked. Also, I noticed on their insurance papers, it is actually an 01. No way in hell it has only 33k.

My question is:

Do you have any dealer level tools to investigate vehicles? Mom said she did the carfax...but it showed a bunch of service. She can't find the sheet on it (how convenient). I am very curious to see just how many services there actually were. My guess is odometer fraud. It appears to be a fleet vehicle of some sort.

It is my brother's first self purchased car, what a way to get introduced into the world of car shopping. Crooks are out there.  :mad:

2001 (or 2005) Chevy S10 Ex Cab Longbed.

1GCCS19W418200824

If you don't have time, no biggie. I will trying to figure it out.

Thanks
-Eric

Sorry so wordy...just venting.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

Does their paperwork disclose the vehicle as a 2005?

I can pull a Carfax, and I can have the service department at our Chevrolet store pull the service history.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Flynbyu on December 18, 2008, 09:14:38 AM
Does their paperwork disclose the vehicle as a 2005?

I can pull a Carfax, and I can have the service department at our Chevrolet store pull the service history.

~Brian

That is what I was wondering...the service history. For a 33k car, I would expect 6-10 service trips. If there is a ton more than that....they got scammed. Just curious.

Just the insurance paperwork I saw says  2001. I am guessing they might be hiding that from me, I already yelled pretty loudly at them.  :help:  The ebay ad they sent me said 05...I researched 05's for them before they bought it. 33k was believable for an 05. Not an 01...in the condition it is in...not terrible..but not great.   ( Not sure I would buy a used car in Iowa this year anyways)  :lol:

Grazi' ;)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

No problem.

Would you like me to fax you the CarFax?

The service history will take a little while.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

It's out IS (Information Systems) Goodie Day. We do it once a year. Everyone brings in food and piles it in a conference room on each floor. that we own.

5 floors total..

I've indulged in... Some of the most amazing Guacamole, Fried Pork on a Stick, Mini Weenies, BBQ Meat Balls, going to score some wings in a couple mins.. Some mini eau claires. puppy chow. and some velveeta/chili mix. :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

Mini weenies?

Mini Weenies is to Little Smokies as Pop is to Soda?

:lol:

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum