What do you do for a living?

Started by Gunz, December 06, 2008, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady4Fiddy

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on December 09, 2008, 09:36:19 PM
Quote from: RappyPrincess on December 08, 2008, 10:29:15 PM
Let's see, as a teen I worked as a Facilitator at the Dinosaur Depot, at many fast food restaurants, and a realty company. I worked for Sunshine Studio's, it was a Photography studio that took pic's of people rafting and kayaking down the Arkansas River (Royal Gorge Bridge) I was a film runner, had to hike a few miles down the gorge to retrieve the film just to turn around and take it back to the studio. Then I had to try to sell the photograph's to the tourists at each rafting company. I was a waitress for a while as well as a host at Village Inn.
I then became a sub- contractor and did insulation jobs, I insulated a huge cabin from ceiling to floor in 3 days with only 3 of us on a crew and ended up getting more work from the same guy building log homes. This guy paid me 20/hr to "ponder" idea's for a few hours, it was an awesome job. I then had a baby and didnt work for a long time.
I worked for Vector Marketing but hated it when they moved the office to Colorado Springs, New Boss was a jerk. While I was working for Vector Marketing, I also worked cleaning houses, and at a Bakery early in the morning as head baker.
When I was pregnant with my 2nd child I started working for Estes Industries, you know the place that builds the rockets you find at wal-mart. I worked on an assembly line putting rocket packs together, and fixing the recall crap we got from china.
After that I moved to Oklahoma and worked for Whirlpool, building oven/ ranges. That was so exhausting, 10 hours of constantly lifting heavy parts, while I was pregnant with my 3rd child.

I am now a stay at home mom, I sell health and wellness products, and I am beginning college next week. I am going for an Associates Degree in Arts & Health Care Administration of Pharmacy Practice.   8)

My kids and I are into Estes Rockets, well we use their engines. That Whirlpool plant, was it the one just north of Tulsa on Hwy 75 ( 76th st)? If so, I used to have a contract with them about 2 years ago.

Yep, thats the one I worked at.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Gunz

Quote from: Flynbyu on December 10, 2008, 07:54:07 AM
Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on December 09, 2008, 09:50:18 PM
Brian,
  If you guys get hit with Hail the coming year, your gonna have to give me a call. I can have a cat team there in about 3 hours flat. I would definitely make it worth your wild. I had a few friends over there earlier this year. I almost went, but 6 of my dealerships got hit here so that was that.

4money4x4z

No problem!

We had our Roland location get hit hard last year when a big storm came through in April. We had three different guys bail on us, and had 50 cars damaged. The last guy finally finished up in August!

~Brian

Saweet!!!!  I might know the guy. Was his name Rusty or Johnny?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

UncleBeaner

i am a fabricator tig welder on protype cat and ford racing parts
:beans:

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on December 10, 2008, 06:55:57 PM
Quote from: Flynbyu on December 10, 2008, 07:54:07 AM
Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on December 09, 2008, 09:50:18 PM
Brian,
  If you guys get hit with Hail the coming year, your gonna have to give me a call. I can have a cat team there in about 3 hours flat. I would definitely make it worth your wild. I had a few friends over there earlier this year. I almost went, but 6 of my dealerships got hit here so that was that.

4money4x4z

No problem!

We had our Roland location get hit hard last year when a big storm came through in April. We had three different guys bail on us, and had 50 cars damaged. The last guy finally finished up in August!

~Brian

Saweet!!!!  I might know the guy. Was his name Rusty or Johnny?

I'll have to find out.....I never met the guy.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

BRAD

Alright for the times that I have said I worked in a Fiberglass business. Here are some pics of the parts that I make.

the first body sells for $150
the seats sell for $50-$100

all three things are actually some parts that we shipped out to the company we suppply a month or so ago.  the company we supply is called Comet Kart Sales. if you guys want to check them out
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Colorado700R

Quote from: UncleBeaner on December 11, 2008, 01:18:41 AM

Wait a minute....

You hate fords!!!!

I forsee a lot of "Factory defects" in the ford racing parts departments future  :lol:

vreds

Well, i've been making french fry's for 3 year's when i was 15, after all this times spent, i've decide to spend my life in another "career"
When I finished school at 17, I worked with my father, rebuilding alternator and starter. I've learned a LOT in every kind of mechanics, sled, atv, car, truck, heavy equipments... But. After 6 years, and working with my dad, which was a PITA, even if like him and what he learned me...I can't get along with him much. I decided to change my career again...
Now i'm back to school to learn more in heavy equipments and I simply love it. There's nothing that compare to repair a loader or a bulldozer.
To pay the bill that i have, i still work the weekends at my dad garage when I can and maintain the terrain of a rich men...  A 3 000 000 $ "secondary house" like he says....... over 100acres to maintain, clean the woods, plow the looooong driveway... It don't pay real much, but more than sitting on my a$$. :thumbs:
Raptor 700 2006 ... now with a dead engine :(

PC5
YFZ front shock
CCP stabilizer
Lonestar axle

cowtownup

I work for my Dad managing our pig farm... We have 10 houses and can hold about 15,000 nursery pigs....  We get them when they are about 10 lbs and grow them until they are about 50-60 lbs... Then we ship to the finishing farm and they grow to about 250-275 lbs... Then you guys eat the bacon and pork chops....  I graduated from East Carolina University in Construction management and was a project manager for bout 5 years and an estimator for about 3 years...  I enjoyed it, but not as much as I enjoy working with my dad...  We actually bought a bulldozer, excavator, and dump trucks and kinda did that for a while, but really have used it more around the farm than for other folks... I build jumps for my rappy with the bulldozer... It rocks....  Anyhow, I just recently had my first daughter.... Eva Grace....  I got good family, good food, good friends, and one fast azz rappy....  Yeah....
Cowtown...
PCIII
Barker Duals
Pro Design with K&N Filter
Dynojet Ignition Module
Web Cam Stage 3
Diamond Piston (12.5 to 1)
+3 Throttle Body (KDS Racing)
Dynotune Nitrous Kit (Wet System)
SLC +6 Quadcustoms Ladder (PC's Black)
PRM Desert Grab Bar (PC'd Black)
CRJ Lowering Blocks (Front)

Gunz

Quote from: cowtownup on December 11, 2008, 06:42:42 PM
I work for my Dad managing our pig farm... We have 10 houses and can hold about 15,000 nursery pigs....  We get them when they are about 10 lbs and grow them until they are about 50-60 lbs... Then we ship to the finishing farm and they grow to about 250-275 lbs... Then you guys eat the bacon and pork chops....  I graduated from East Carolina University in Construction management and was a project manager for bout 5 years and an estimator for about 3 years...  I enjoyed it, but not as much as I enjoy working with my dad...  We actually bought a bulldozer, excavator, and dump trucks and kinda did that for a while, but really have used it more around the farm than for other folks... I build jumps for my rappy with the bulldozer... It rocks....  Anyhow, I just recently had my first daughter.... Eva Grace....  I got good family, good food, good friends, and one fast azz rappy....  Yeah....

I used to pick up pork loads in Delphi, In and take them to Long Beach, Ca. From there they would ship the loads to Japan. Anyhow The plant in Delphi had a one way road around it and when you drive around the backside you would pass the live unloading dock. There was always dead twitching pigs on the ground. The smell was killer, but I guess one would get used to it after awhile. Anyhow congrats on being happy. :thumbs:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Peelz

pork....the other white meat. :lol:

You can keep the smell. I remember moving here from Cali. and visiting my uncle, a farmer. Smelled like holy hell driving up his road. He goes "smell that money" :lol:   nope....alls I smell is poop. :lol:

But...keep that bacon and pork chops coming yo.  :thumbs: :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

UncleBeaner

Quote from: Colorado700R on December 11, 2008, 09:37:49 AM

Wait a minute....

You hate fords!!!!

I forsee a lot of "Factory defects" in the ford racing parts departments future  :lol:

well since the buy out didnt go i think it may start to slow
:beans:

socalrappy700

The buy out will go, just like the bank bail out.  It didn't pass the first round but it passed the second, I'm sure this will be the same case.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: UncleBeaner on December 12, 2008, 12:35:13 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on December 11, 2008, 09:37:49 AM

Wait a minute....

You hate fords!!!!

well since the buy out didnt go i think it may start to slow

Do you know how much is left out of the 700 billion?

Exactly what the Big Three are asking for.

The President has the power to distribute those funds from TARP (Troubled Assets Relief Program).

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

cowtownup

Speaking of pork...   How many of have a friend or family member you call PORK CHOP?  LOL....

I do...

Cowtown...
PCIII
Barker Duals
Pro Design with K&N Filter
Dynojet Ignition Module
Web Cam Stage 3
Diamond Piston (12.5 to 1)
+3 Throttle Body (KDS Racing)
Dynotune Nitrous Kit (Wet System)
SLC +6 Quadcustoms Ladder (PC's Black)
PRM Desert Grab Bar (PC'd Black)