What do you do for a living?

Started by Gunz, December 06, 2008, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

Quote from: Peels660 on December 09, 2008, 11:08:49 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on December 09, 2008, 10:22:42 AM
I would move to where peels lives for 150k...maybe.

You would live very, very well here. You could even buy a house without wheels on it. :lol:

Sounds like home!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Sounds like we have a new plan, peels and I are moving back to cali.  Scott and Brian will be in az.  And every weekend will be in glamis.   :thumbs:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Excellent, but...Dammit. The truth brings me back down. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Yeah, Until cali falls off the us of a due to an earthquake. I'll take snow and mosquito's for 1000 alex.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

The answer: This state has a large population of snow cows this time of year.

:lol:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on December 09, 2008, 02:24:09 PM
Yeah, Until cali falls off the us of a due to an earthquake. I'll take snow and mosquito's for 1000 alex.

YO YO YO what up now? :lol:

Don't forget about about the Yellowstone caldera. Poof!...no more poutine, incorrect word pronunciation....or hockey. :lol: ;) I have a small head start on ya....you'll die first. :thumbs: :lol:

Oops, we sort of destroyed 4gunz' thread. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Gunz

Quote from: RappyPrincess on December 08, 2008, 10:29:15 PM
Let's see, as a teen I worked as a Facilitator at the Dinosaur Depot, at many fast food restaurants, and a realty company. I worked for Sunshine Studio's, it was a Photography studio that took pic's of people rafting and kayaking down the Arkansas River (Royal Gorge Bridge) I was a film runner, had to hike a few miles down the gorge to retrieve the film just to turn around and take it back to the studio. Then I had to try to sell the photograph's to the tourists at each rafting company. I was a waitress for a while as well as a host at Village Inn.
I then became a sub- contractor and did insulation jobs, I insulated a huge cabin from ceiling to floor in 3 days with only 3 of us on a crew and ended up getting more work from the same guy building log homes. This guy paid me 20/hr to "ponder" idea's for a few hours, it was an awesome job. I then had a baby and didnt work for a long time.
I worked for Vector Marketing but hated it when they moved the office to Colorado Springs, New Boss was a jerk. While I was working for Vector Marketing, I also worked cleaning houses, and at a Bakery early in the morning as head baker.
When I was pregnant with my 2nd child I started working for Estes Industries, you know the place that builds the rockets you find at wal-mart. I worked on an assembly line putting rocket packs together, and fixing the recall crap we got from china.
After that I moved to Oklahoma and worked for Whirlpool, building oven/ ranges. That was so exhausting, 10 hours of constantly lifting heavy parts, while I was pregnant with my 3rd child.

I am now a stay at home mom, I sell health and wellness products, and I am beginning college next week. I am going for an Associates Degree in Arts & Health Care Administration of Pharmacy Practice.   8)

My kids and I are into Estes Rockets, well we use their engines. That Whirlpool plant, was it the one just north of Tulsa on Hwy 75 ( 76th st)? If so, I used to have a contract with them about 2 years ago.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Gunz

Brian,
  If you guys get hit with Hail the coming year, your gonna have to give me a call. I can have a cat team there in about 3 hours flat. I would definitely make it worth your wild. I had a few friends over there earlier this year. I almost went, but 6 of my dealerships got hit here so that was that.

4money4x4z

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Luofy931

In high school I work KFC for 6 months, then worked at Winn-Dixie as a night stocker.  I would go to work at 6pm and get off at 6am then go to school 3 times a week.  For some reason I really liked my schedule despite being a little tired at school.  After graduating I had no clue what I wanted to do.  My father was in the Army so he told me "Try the Army.  Do the minimum time, save money, learn a good job and then get out if you don't like it".  That was in 1992.  So I joined and became a Apache attack helicopter crew chief.  I was stationed at Ft. Hood, Tx (3 times), Camp Eagle, Korea, Ft. Campbell, Ky (2 times).  Ft. Benning for Airborne school, Mesa, Az for more Apache training. Also did training exercise's in/at Alaska, Japan, Myrtle Beach, SC, Ft. Bragg, Ft. Polk, LA, Ft. Irwin, CA, Brownsville, Tx.  Ft. Hood, Tx was the last place I was stationed when I got out in 2002.  I liked the Army and everything about it, it was just I was at my 10 year point and wanted to try something different.  So I moved from Texas back to Clarksville, Tn (town right outside the gates of Ft. Campbell) and got a job at the Bosch Brake plant as a Quality Inspector.  It was just ok, nothing special like I was used to in the Army.  I worked there for almost a year and then the war started.  I got a call from my very first Platoon Sargent who was retired and worked for DynCorp International and needed some Apache mechanic to fix Apache's that came back from Iraq or Afghanistan.  And since then I've been here at DynCorp just doing what I like.  I've moved up and became a Tech Inspector 4 years ago.  Basically any work completed by the mechanics have to ok'd by someone like me before the bird can fly.  And thats the gist of it all.

Flynbyu

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on December 09, 2008, 09:50:18 PM
Brian,
  If you guys get hit with Hail the coming year, your gonna have to give me a call. I can have a cat team there in about 3 hours flat. I would definitely make it worth your wild. I had a few friends over there earlier this year. I almost went, but 6 of my dealerships got hit here so that was that.

4money4x4z

No problem!

We had our Roland location get hit hard last year when a big storm came through in April. We had three different guys bail on us, and had 50 cars damaged. The last guy finally finished up in August!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on December 09, 2008, 02:27:32 PM

~Brian

Mad Dog in route to OK as we speak!!

Flynbyu

Quote from: Colorado700R on December 10, 2008, 09:05:21 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on December 09, 2008, 02:27:32 PM

~Brian

Mad Dog in route to OK as we speak!!

I'm sorry, that answer is not in the form of a question, and is incorrect.

The correct answer is Minnesota.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

dgreenbluet

Whats up I'm a Sergeant in the Army and my job is Tanker, and yeah its fun as hell when im actually on a tank.  currently in iraq not on a tank so i dont like my job.  im gettin the FERK out when i get back from iraq and gonna work as a ski lift operator at the local ski resort and smoke alot of weed and enjoy my freedoms. then after a year of that i'll realize that i need to do somin with my life before i get to old, haha
08 Rapester/734cc 105.5mm Bore/11:1 JE Piston/Big Bore Barkers/FCI wBox/Dynateck Prog. Ign./PCIII/15T Sprocket/Trail Tech Vapor wDash Mount/Moose Nerf, Heel Guards, Race Pegs/Full Skids/Bling Star Victory Bumper/Six Pack Rack

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum