What do you do for a living?

Started by Gunz, December 06, 2008, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRAD

2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Blair

ive done a few differnt things...

in high school and college i worked at the local hockey arena... got paid really well to drive the Zamboni...(ice resurfacer) after  i got out of college with a degree in telecommunications, i did a 180 and went to work in the oilfeild, initally as a shophand, and worked my way up to an inside sales and service position... spent about half my day on teh phone and computer, and the other half in my coveralls gettin my hands dirty fixing the shit we built when it came back for service.... that was a good gig. for a while...

then i was accepeted into Radiation Therapy (cancer treatment) school (2 years after i put my application in, the school was ran in the hospital, and i absolutley loved the job and the people, i left that after about 2 years because i had a hard time dealin with the death and dying aspect of the job and i was burnt out after just 2 years and didnt think i would last 30 years as a career.

I then went and worked for the local phone company for a while (less than a year) in installation and repair, hated every minute of that..  I was then offered a position at a company in the watersports industry (my true passion)  i doing inside sales now and love every minute... the people are awesome... because of the downturn in the economy business is pretty slow now, so i am returning to school in january, for power engineering... after i finish that i wil be working at one of the refineries around here
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Lady4Fiddy

Let's see, as a teen I worked as a Facilitator at the Dinosaur Depot, at many fast food restaurants, and a realty company. I worked for Sunshine Studio's, it was a Photography studio that took pic's of people rafting and kayaking down the Arkansas River (Royal Gorge Bridge) I was a film runner, had to hike a few miles down the gorge to retrieve the film just to turn around and take it back to the studio. Then I had to try to sell the photograph's to the tourists at each rafting company. I was a waitress for a while as well as a host at Village Inn.
I then became a sub- contractor and did insulation jobs, I insulated a huge cabin from ceiling to floor in 3 days with only 3 of us on a crew and ended up getting more work from the same guy building log homes. This guy paid me 20/hr to "ponder" idea's for a few hours, it was an awesome job. I then had a baby and didnt work for a long time.
I worked for Vector Marketing but hated it when they moved the office to Colorado Springs, New Boss was a jerk. While I was working for Vector Marketing, I also worked cleaning houses, and at a Bakery early in the morning as head baker.
When I was pregnant with my 2nd child I started working for Estes Industries, you know the place that builds the rockets you find at wal-mart. I worked on an assembly line putting rocket packs together, and fixing the recall crap we got from china.
After that I moved to Oklahoma and worked for Whirlpool, building oven/ ranges. That was so exhausting, 10 hours of constantly lifting heavy parts, while I was pregnant with my 3rd child.

I am now a stay at home mom, I sell health and wellness products, and I am beginning college next week. I am going for an Associates Degree in Arts & Health Care Administration of Pharmacy Practice.   8)
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Peelz

I sell health and wellness products as well.  :lol:  What's up princess? Good luck with schooling.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Lady4Fiddy

Quote from: Peels660 on December 08, 2008, 10:31:55 PM
I sell health and wellness products as well.  :lol:  What's up princess? Good luck with schooling.

Thanks     
Im not a hippie or drug dealer Peels!!   :rolleyes:

Lady4Fiddy

I'm surprised you didn't make a smart a$$ comment on the Pharmacy thing Peels.

Peelz

Quote from: RappyPrincess on December 08, 2008, 10:48:01 PM
I'm surprised you didn't make a smart a$$ comment on the Pharmacy thing Peels.

I did..... indirectly.  :lol:  my health and wellness product is more of letdown. :lol:

Ironically, I ran into an old friend, a very well-off friend. He was a radio DJ. I asked him if he was still doing the dj thing. He goes "no man, sellin' drugs......." I waited for a sec then he says "To Doctors, Pharmaceutical Sales, what were you thinking" Can't leave me hanging like that. I was rollin'  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

RappyPrincess... You are.. a hippy.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

Oay, here goes....It's a small book!

1987, I worked for a friend's uncle that owned a full service station with a complete detail department. I worked there from the time I was 14 until I was 16.

1989, I worked for a WalMart store on the Northside of Fort Smith, chasing little kids shoplifting Ninja Turtle dolls. Woot!

1990-1991 I worked for a Carpet Store during the summer, and in the fall I worked for a Food 4 Less Grocery store. This was a great outlet to meet ladies! Boo-yeah!

1992, I worked for Payless Cashways until I broke my arm at the store while unloading a truck. After that healed up, I was attempting to go to school and needed a part time job so I applied for a parts department position at Reliable Chevrolet-Mercedes Benz. I took an aptitude test, and they told me they wanted me to work in sales. I sold pre-owned cars for abaut a year, and was promoted to sales manager. I was two months from turning 21. I moved from pre-owned cars, to new truck sales manager, and from new trucks to Mercedes Benz sales manager. I was responsible for ordering, and buying used highline cars, including a few exotics. I had a live in girlfriend, we parted company in 1998. I resigned from my job and moved back to Fort Smith, AR.

1998, I worked for a GMC-Volvo dealership in Fort Smith, and established connections on financing for semi tractors for their struggling Volvo line. After a dispute in how I was being compensated, I marched into the owners office and gave two weeks notice. I had been in talks with a Pontiac Buick, GMC dealer in Poteau, OK and was going to start to work as their Finance director. On my last day at the store in Fort Smith, they asked me to stay. I told them to back pay me on finance reserve like I was originally promised, total for seven months, $28,000 and change my part before taxes. They declined, and I left. In my last week, I submitted letters to three of the stores lenders cancelling the dealer agreements for financing sources.  By doing so, this required a minimum 90 day waiting period to resign with each lender. After the 90 days the store had to be re-evaluated and meet strict criteria with applications and look to book ratios, that my replacement was unable to do after resigning with the lenders. The store was cut off by the three lenders again, and to this day the store has only three lenders. A local bank, a credit union (that doesn not pay them reserve), and GMAC. Suck it Trebeck.

April 1998, I continued to work for Brad Fenton Pontiac Buick GMC in Poteau, OK for five years. During this time, I got married, bought a house, etc.. The store acquired a Dodge franchise in my tenure which I ran for two years, and opened a satellite store in Fort Smith I was to oversee. The store realigned and seperated, and the owner decided to not pay me on transactions out of the satellite store as agreed. I was released after a heated debate, and entered into the mortgage business.

In 2003, I brokered mortgages for One Source Financial. I produced millions of dollars worth of conforming and non conforming mortgages. I noticed several journal entries that were inconsistent in accounting and uncovered another mortgage broker within my office brokering deals and closing deals without the company not being compensated. I hated the mortgage business, and ended up back in the car business. One Source went bankrupt, and the owners sued the broker for utilizing company resources (ordering title insurance, etc from closing companies), and depostiing funds from closing into his personal account. They won the suit, and were awarded $30,000 in lost revenue. Brian wasn't awarded anything for pointing this out.

In October 2004, I sent my resume to two companies, a Ford Store a friend of mine ran, and the company I work for now, Blue Ribbon Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep. I was told there would be a position coming open, but it wouldn't be filled any time soon. I decided to head to the Ford store, which a friend of mine ran. My first day on the job was a Monday, my friend hands me store keys, and said he was headed to the Caribbean for vacation. The GSM a day later left to go to an auction in Memphis, and ended up in Tunica, MS gambling. That left me running a $4 million dollar store in two days time. I had customers calling me, wanting to know why their trades had not been paid off, and customers calling saying they have not recieved payment books. I found 20 something contracts that were not funded, and and the trades were not paid off. I was able to get about half of those funded by Wednesday, and Wednesday afternoon I got a calll from the owner of the store I work for now. He told me to come and visit with him Thursday. I took a long lunch on Thursday, accepted this position, and Friday I broke the news to the returning GSM and explained my situation. I wrote a letter to my friend and told him he had some serious issues with the store, and needed to pay close attention to his financial statements and daily doc sheets because he had $400,000 in outstanding contracts. After I departed, The special finance manager's contracts were being audited by Americredit, Capital One, GE Capital, and Auto One after repo losses with the store skyrocketed. The finance manager was creating false documents (proof of income statements, etc.), creating false employment, etc. and the dealership was responsible for hundreds of falsified credit statements, and documents which resulted in the store having to buy back about 170 contracts totalling nearly 3.2 million dollars. My friend lost his position at the helm at the store, and his hot ass wife to some guy in the service department of the store. No shit.

In 2004 I assumed the position of Finance Manager/Director for the current store I work for. We have since acquired a Pontiac, Buick, GMC franchise, bringing seven auto lines under two roofs. So far so good, despite the current economy.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Jeez. You'd think we actually care or something. :lol: :rofl:

Interesting Brian.

Flynbyu

Quote from: Peels660 on December 09, 2008, 10:09:36 AM
Jeez. You'd think we actually care or something. :lol: :rofl:

Interesting Brian.

I'm not a job hopper, but you tend to find things out quickly when you see the books everyday, and put it all together.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

I'm a whore, I go to the highest bidder.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

job hopper?

Me neither. Can't stand that, and don't know how people live that way.

Your Auto business story is close to mine, just front end stuff.

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on December 09, 2008, 10:14:38 AM
I'm a whore, I go to the highest bidder.

I got a nickel. :lol:

socalrappy700

you'll need a ton of zeros after that number peels.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on December 09, 2008, 10:20:06 AM
you'll need a ton of zeros after that number peels.

Pfft....not that many  :lol: