Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XVIII

Started by Colorado700R, December 01, 2008, 10:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

Germans over engineer their cars, but produce a superior product.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

You can't ride in a new BMW 325i and say the quality is crap. ;)  8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Flynbyu on December 03, 2008, 01:55:15 PM

~Brian

Until VW tipped chrysler to build the Routan Minivan for them!  :lol:

Thanks again Mad Dod for the heads up on that one. Wife almost had me convinced to buy one.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

Quote from: Peels660 on December 03, 2008, 02:23:18 PM

~Brian

Thanks again Mad Dod for the heads up on that one. Wife almost had me convinced to buy one.

Mad Dog

Grammar Ninja

:nun:

:rofl:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Mad Dog

Average UAW wages are just a hint under $25/hour.

Labor costs in Germany's private sector average €28 an hour after taxes and other costs are added. The average across Europe's common currency zone is €26 an hour.

28 Euros = 35.4424 U.S. dollars

Mad Dog

~Brian

:lol:

No problem, would have hated for you to get a Chrysler thinking it was a genuinely German vehicle. :thumbs:

Peelz

I calls him whats I wants to calls him.

Grammar ninja now writes his own rules, therefore, he is above the law. ;) :lol:

Do as I say, not as I do! :lol:

IMO, as an average, this is too high for unskilled labor.

The problem with that Routan would have been the resale, or the first time I looked at parts manual and saw chrysler on something. Can you say "flatline" :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

socalrappy700

Quote from: Mad Dog on December 03, 2008, 02:38:09 PM

Labor costs in Germany's private sector average €28 an hour after taxes and other costs are added. The average across Europe's common currency zone is €26 an hour.

28 Euros = 35.4424 U.S. dollars

Average labor COST after taxes and other costs are added.  I would like to see that number for the US after taxes and other costs are factored into the wage.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

And another thing, I think that average UAW wage is way off.  I can't think of anyone I know that makes that little working for the UAW.  25 an hour is close to their starting wage.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on December 03, 2008, 02:52:39 PM
And another thing, I think that average UAW wage is way off.  I can't think of anyone I know that makes that little working for the UAW.  25 an hour is close to their starting wage.

I know for sure it is over $20 to start. Mother in Law was close to working for one of the ford factories in Indiana or Ohio. 0 experience=$20/hr. :confused:

Flynbyu

Quote from: Mad Dog on December 03, 2008, 02:39:17 PM

~Brian

:lol:

No problem, would have hated for you to get a Chrysler thinking it was a genuinely German vehicle. :thumbs:

Yeah, no doubt.

Especially since the latest crash tests came out without a Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep producting making favorable marks.

November 25, 2008

Ford Motor Co. offers the most vehicles in America with top safety ratings, says the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Advertisement

The institute today released its "Top Safety Pick" awards list for 2009, which recognizes vehicles that do the best job of protecting people in front, side and rear crashes, based on the institute's tests.

Ford had more winners than any other automaker -- 16 in all. Honda Motor Co. was second, with 13 winners. General Motors Corp. and Toyota Motor Corp. tied with eight each.

In all, 72 vehicles made the list, double the number of winners a year ago.

Chrysler LLC, based in Auburn Hills, was the only major automaker that did not receive a single top safety pick. The institute said Chrysler could have picked up five awards "if the head restraints were better in the Dodge Avenger and Chrysler Sebring, the Sebring convertible, and the Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town & Country."

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Safety is one thing, rattling to pieces due to poor craftsmanship is another.  I hate Chrysler minivans with a passion. No offense. They are waaaaayyyy better than they used to be, but I still can't shake visions of the old school Caravans and voyagers falling apart.

Flynbyu

Quote from: Peels660 on December 03, 2008, 03:02:43 PM
Safety is one thing, rattling to pieces due to poor craftsmanship is another.  I hate Chrysler minivans with a passion. No offense. They are waaaaayyyy better than they used to be, but I still can't shake visions of the old school Caravans and voyagers falling apart.

The new ones are some of the best American vans made, but no where near the quality of a German/Japanese made product.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Flynbyu on December 03, 2008, 03:04:56 PM
Quote from: Peels660 on December 03, 2008, 03:02:43 PM

The new ones are some of the best American vans made, but no where near the quality of a German/Japanese made product.

~Brian

Getting there. I have 1 or 2 fit/finish problems with our Quest that I would expect to see on a Domestic car. Japenese and German automakers design a good car, then try to make it cheap. Leaving you with a well designed car with a few cheap parts. (not totally true for Germans) American automakers design a cheap car then try to improve it. Leaving you with an expensive cheap car. They need to rethink from the ground up. Redesigning the cavalier, selling a new (same old) Camaro just isn't going to cut it. With less money floating around, people will demand more for each dollar. Chrysler has had the right idea it seems. Not financially, though.

socalrappy700

Well thats it for me, time to head to the train.  And yes Brian, we know.....till 7.

:rofl:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum