Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XVIII

Started by Colorado700R, December 01, 2008, 10:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Dog

Case study of a German union auto worker with 20 years in (2007 data):

Hourly pay rate: Monthly gross pay scale of 3,400 euros ($4,692) works out to 24.28 euros ($33.50) per hour.

Overtime pay rate: 25 per cent premium per hour with two-hour daily cap.

Hourly cost to company including health care, pension and costs for long-term retirees: An additional 108.8 per cent of salary for holiday bonuses, health care, long term care insurance, sick and training time.

So your total cost to the company is just shy of $70 dollars per hour.

Now the average for US auto workers with the costs added is $42 dollars, not counting the legacy costs for retired employees.  Using the ridiculous 73 dollar an hour figure that so many news outlets have been quoting would reflect what the company pays out when retired workers are factored in.  The figure is misleading because it's adding the value of existing pensions to the wage of a current worker, not the actual value that worker gets.

Mad Dog

Peelz

Quote from: Mad Dog on December 03, 2008, 03:21:03 PM
BTW I think I might have a head :)

"head" what please exlain :lol:

Whole different sytem over there. They pay more for housing, fuel etc. No income tax in some places though.   :thumbs:  I am just saying you can get by with much less in most places in America. Not be wealthy, just live well.  At $25/hr you should be living quite well in some places. Not on either coast but you get my drift.......
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

Quote from: Mad Dog on December 03, 2008, 03:18:43 PM
Case study of a German union auto worker with 20 years in (2007 data):

Hourly pay rate: Monthly gross pay scale of 3,400 euros ($4,692) works out to 24.28 euros ($33.50) per hour.

Overtime pay rate: 25 per cent premium per hour with two-hour daily cap.

Hourly cost to company including health care, pension and costs for long-term retirees: An additional 108.8 per cent of salary for holiday bonuses, health care, long term care insurance, sick and training time.

So your total cost to the company is just shy of $70 dollars per hour.

Now the average for US auto workers with the costs added is $42 dollars, not counting the legacy costs for retired employees.  Using the ridiculous 73 dollar an hour figure that so many news outlets have been quoting would reflect what the company pays out when retired workers are factored in.  The figure is misleading because it's adding the value of existing pensions to the wage of a current worker, not the actual value that worker gets.

Olberman BLASTED the NYT for using that figure!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

adios hombres.

Sorry Brian, your time will come. And soon. ;) :lol:

peace.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

kyledvor61

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

kyledvor61

Quote from: Flynbyu on December 03, 2008, 03:43:55 PM
Quote from: kyledvor61 on December 03, 2008, 03:41:18 PM
eliminating saturn pontiac and saab? :jaw:

Yup.

~Brian
does anyone even buy a saab anyway? cant think of any saturns people buy except the solistice. and im surprised at pontiac i thought they were doing ok.

i think they should keep the solistice/sky though under a different name, there everywherer here

Flynbyu

Quote from: kyledvor61 on December 03, 2008, 03:47:07 PM

Yup.

~Brian
does anyone even buy a saab anyway? cant think of any saturns people buy except the solistice. and im surprised at pontiac i thought they were doing ok.

i think they should keep the solistice/sky though under a different name, there everywherer here

Saab was a pretty good car before GM got involved. They are good cold weather cars. Saab builds really good aircraft, but not the greatest cars.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

NaturalRaptor

Yup.

~Brian

I can not believe Buick is still around. Saw on the news today GM is ending its 9 years contract with Tiger Wooods.
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

dick-84

Well it looks like u are going to get back on the raptor.  :thumbs:

Flynbyu

Quote from: NaturalRaptor on December 03, 2008, 04:18:03 PM

Yup.

~Brian

I can not believe Buick is still around. Saw on the news today GM is ending its 9 years contract with Tiger Wooods.

As we discussed earlier today, Buick is doing well in Europe and Asia. I was shocked to hear it myself.

Tiger was reportedly wanting out of the contract to spend more time on tour and with his family. Thank GERD, because he was getting $7 million a year from GM!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Mad Dog

Quote from: Flynbyu on December 03, 2008, 05:08:44 PM
Quote from: NaturalRaptor on December 03, 2008, 04:18:03 PM

Yup.

~Brian

As we discussed earlier today, Buick is doing well in Europe and Asia. I was shocked to hear it myself.

Tiger was reportedly wanting out of the contract to spend more time on tour and with his family. Thank GERD, because he was getting $7 million a year from GM!

~Brian

More time with his family?  Hard for me to justify when he doesn't even show up for the Buick Open.

Mad Dog

Quote from: dick-84 on December 03, 2008, 04:41:37 PM

Well it looks like u are going to get back on the raptor.  :thumbs:

Putting it back together maybe.  Don't have the time and money to ride but I don't have the time to part it out either lol

Mad Dog

Quote from: kyledvor61 on December 03, 2008, 03:47:07 PM

Yup.

~Brian

Just go to Germany, they'll sell you an Opel GT.

Btw that quadhub link looks like the place is dead but it was fun putting in the mods I could think of.