Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: War Room?  (Read 6839 times)

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
Re: War Room?
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2008, 02:35:24 PM »
IMO war room threads usually end up just as "Gang up on the guy with a short fuse sessions".  Now, I definitely agree that with a preamble in the thread forward like "whiners, thin skins, and hot tempers need not apply", you would expect that some people would stay out.  But, honestly, who is going to admit that and bow out on a fairly anonymous internet forum??

Not everyone is capable of communicating their point via text at the same level ( I have double doctorate MIT grades here who would make RK look like a Shakespeare  :lol: ), plus allot of communication is missed online IMO because you cannot hear a person's voice inflection nor see their body language, which tells me much more of their intent than mere words.

I do enjoy good conversation, I just don't want to see people get there feelings hurt and leave the forum because there facts were wrong, or there opinion is unpopular, and they get beat up for it.

When all is said and done, this is still an ATV site.  And it would be a shame to loose valuable members because there political, social, or religious opinions were unpopular.

Just my .02

Aaron

Or leave the forum because the moderator is a dick?   :lol:

One of your PMS bitch moments.

:lol:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline LittleBuddha

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2008, 02:43:31 PM »
IMO war room threads usually end up just as "Gang up on the guy with a short fuse sessions".  Now, I definitely agree that with a preamble in the thread forward like "whiners, thin skins, and hot tempers need not apply", you would expect that some people would stay out.  But, honestly, who is going to admit that and bow out on a fairly anonymous internet forum??

Not everyone is capable of communicating their point via text at the same level ( I have double doctorate MIT grades here who would make RK look like a Shakespeare  :lol: ), plus allot of communication is missed online IMO because you cannot hear a person's voice inflection nor see their body language, which tells me much more of their intent than mere words.

I do enjoy good conversation, I just don't want to see people get there feelings hurt and leave the forum because there facts were wrong, or there opinion is unpopular, and they get beat up for it.

When all is said and done, this is still an ATV site.  And it would be a shame to loose valuable members because there political, social, or religious opinions were unpopular.

Just my .02

Aaron

One of?  Are you implying that there's been more than one?   :confused:

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2008, 02:47:10 PM »

Just my .02

Aaron

Lets wait a month to find out for sure. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline LittleBuddha

• VIP
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2008, 02:57:40 PM »

Just my .02

Aaron

Lets wait a month to find out for sure. 

Don't hold your breath.   :confused:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2008, 03:50:52 PM »
So, who needs a drink?

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline LittleBuddha

• VIP
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2008, 03:52:57 PM »
So, who needs a drink?

~Brian

I need a painkiller.  No really.  I do.   :(

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2008, 03:57:05 PM »
I was only suggesting a war room, not opening one. :lol:

Yes I do need a drink. A big scotch oughtta do it! ;)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2008, 04:02:45 PM »
Crown SR, Brandy (Not the wife), and two types of Rum in the freezer as we speak.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2008, 04:05:03 PM »
Crown SR, Brandy (Not the wife), and two types of Rum in the freezer as we speak.

~Brian

SCORE! :lol:

Wife is cooking me Lasagna tonight and picking up a bottle of wine.

Lucky me!!!!! :clap:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2008, 07:41:50 AM »
I was only suggesting a war room, not opening one. :lol:

Yes I do need a drink. A little scott oughtta do it! ;)

:confused:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2008, 07:43:09 AM »
Peels has a Buddah fetish?

???

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2008, 07:53:29 AM »
Peels has a Buddah fetish?

???

~Brian

Its just a little Buddah fetish.  :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2008, 07:55:54 AM »
A$$holes..i didn't see the change at first.  :lol:

I'm going to work now. You are so mean. I am so done with this forum. :lol: :rolleyes:

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2008, 07:57:06 AM »

I'm going to work now. You are so mean. I am so done with this forum. :lol: :rolleyes:

I think the next person to say that and not follow through gets a free lifetime ban.

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2008, 08:00:08 AM »

Well. Nice knowin ya peels. good luck w/ the biz.

I'm going to blackmail you.. Leave the forum and I'm reporting you to the DEA :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: