Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: OUR new President...Barack Obama  (Read 5771 times)

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
Re: OUR new President...Barack Obama
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 01:29:38 PM »
How did you come up with 43% Arabic?

~Brian

Through  research......   whether you choose to believe it or not, it is true, and it's 43.75% to be exact.

I'd like to see your source. How do you take a woman from Kansas, add a man born in Kenya and get Arabic out of that?

~Brian
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:20:41 PM by Flynbyu »
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Kenny

• Engine Guru
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 8
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 01:51:21 PM »
You guys  are makin' me feel all warm and fuzzy :grin_nod: This thing about dual citizenship and illegal alien with falsified documents was put to rest long ago. Micheal Savage and a few right wing radio guys are still spewing that garbage, but it is totally false. Fact checking goes a long way. 8)
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/13/obamas-birth-certificate/
http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/has_obamas_birth_certificate_been_disclosed.html
http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/does_barack_obama_have_kenyan_citizenship.html
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 01:57:10 PM by Kenny »
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 02:13:44 PM »
Like I said, this thread was meant to show respect to President Obama, not discredit him.  Feel free to start another thread for that.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 02:21:16 PM »

~Brian

Through  research......   whether you choose to believe it or not, it is true, and it's 43.75% to be exact.

I'd like to see the source because how do you take a woman from Kansas, add a man born in Kenya and get Arabic out of that?

~Brian

:lol: I've seen crazier $hit! 

Must be a skin-tone thing. I never read that before.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline RaptorRandy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
    • No Mercy Racing
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 03:06:52 PM »

~Brian

O

I'd like to see your source. How do you take a woman from Kansas, add a man born in Kenya and get Arabic out of that?

~Brian

Obama's  Father was born in Kenya....his fathers parents were Arabic, end of story.

Look, I'm not going to argue with a liberal, you guys just believe what you want, if your happy with being lied to then I'm happy for you.
 I am done with this thread and I'm done talking politics. It don't matter what I say, someone is going to find some liberal spun bullshit and use it to argue.

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
 And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 03:08:38 PM »

~Brian

O

~Brian

Obama's  Father was born in Kenya....his fathers parents were Arabic, end of story.

Look, I'm not going to argue with a liberal, you guys just believe what you want, if your happy with being lied to then I'm happy for you.
 I am done with this thread and I'm done talking politics. It don't matter what I say, someone is going to find some liberal spun bullshit and use it to argue.

There is no spin in your facts? :rolleyes: We are not happy being lied to. That is why gov't needs a makeover. ;)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Smiley

• Street Cred: 1
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2008, 03:08:58 PM »
Interesting thread.

I can only say the change that is proposed falls right behind things that other countries have already done without a good success rate.

Yes, it will be an interesting ride that I personally have been on before.

I wish people were capable of learning from the mistakes of others.  Instead, we run into those that think they are better and won't make the same mistakes.

Offline RaptorRandy

• VIP
    • No Mercy Racing
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 03:21:58 PM »

~Brian

O

~Brian

There is no spin in your facts? :rolleyes: We are not happy being lied to. That is why gov't needs a makeover. ;)

It's called a family tree and you can't spin it.   
Now I am done  ::)

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 03:25:18 PM »
Just a question here, not to fuel any fires, but do you mean Arabic, or Islamic?

(not trying to insult you, but they are very easily inappropriately inter-used)

I knew the islamic part from the New York post interview with his Grandmother, which got flipped flopped, but I that really didn't matter to me anyway.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 03:32:34 PM »
regardless of ethnic background. I am hoping for the best!

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2008, 03:35:36 PM »
regardless of ethnic background. I am hoping for the best!

Absolutely, he is the President elect, love him or hate him he will be President and will be judged by the public based on his accomplishments and/or failures by the people, just like all his predicessors 

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2008, 03:41:59 PM »
Another question for all.   

Do you think that the amount of terms we can elect government officals should be changed?  or perhaps lengthen or shorten term lengths inbetween re-elections?

Some times I think our officals maybe more focused on the job at hand, vice there re-election campaign or populatity if we limited senate tenours, or even presidental terms (IE a single six year term, with no re-election)

What do you think?

Aaron

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2008, 03:42:52 PM »
Randy, I'm still trying to find the Arabic connection, could you give me the site you are refering to? This is what I've came up with so far:

The Obamas are members of the Luo, Kenya's third-largest ethnic group. They are part of a larger family of ethnic groups, collectively also known as Luo, belonging to the Eastern Sudanic branch of the Nilo-Saharan phylum. The Obama family is largely concentrated in the western province of Nyanza.

Besides Senator Obama, Barack Obama Sr. fathered six other sons and a daughter. All but one live in Britain or the United States.

Barack Obama, Sr.
Main article: Barack Obama, Sr.
Barack Obama's father, born 1936, died 1982. Government economist in Kenya.

Hussein Onyango Obama
Barack Obama's paternal grandfather (c. 1895-1979) who worked as a mission cook. He joined the British Army during World War I. Originally a Roman Catholic, he took the name Hussein when he converted to Islam, a name that he passed on to his children.

Habiba Akuma Obama
Barack Obama's paternal grandmother, and the second wife of Hussein Onyango Obama.

Sarah Obama
Paternal step-grandmother of Barack Obama, born 1922. Also known, through the addition of her late husband's name, as Sarah Onyango Obama,and sometimes referred to as Sarah Ogwel, Sarah Hussein Obama or Sarah Anyango Obama, she lives in Nyang’oma Kogelo village, 30 miles west of western Kenya's main town, Kisumu, on the edge of Lake Victoria.

Sarah Obama was the third wife of Obama's paternal grandfather, Hussein Onyango Obama (c. 1895-1979]). Although not a blood relation, Barack Obama nevertheless calls her "Granny Sarah". She was just 16 when she married Obama's grandfather, an older man who was her father's friend.

Despite living in a small rural village in Kenya, Sarah Obama is well aware of Senator Obama's fame in the United States, and has photographs of his successes on her walls. She recently publicly complained about false reports about Senator Obama's religion. In March 2008, she stated in an interview with USA Today that he is a Christian, just as she is. In a previous interview with the New York Times, however, she had professed to be "a strong believer of the Islamic faith." Initially welcoming reporters, she now shuns media attention, wary that her words and actions could be misconstrued and used against her step grandson.

On July 4, 2008 she attended the Independence Day celebrations in Nairobi, hosted by Michael Ranneberger, the US ambassador in Kenya. Sarah, who speaks Luo and only a few words of English, communicates with Senator Obama through an interpreter.

Kezia Obama
Barack Obama's step-mother, born c. 1940. She is Barack Obama Sr.'s first wife whom he married in Kenya before studying abroad in the United States. Also known as Kezia Grace Obama. She currently lives in Bracknell, Berkshire, England.

Malik Obama
Barack Obama's half-brother, also known as Abongo or Roy, born c. March, 1958, son of Barack Obama, Sr. with his first wife, Kezia. Malik Obama was born and raised in Nairobi, Kenya. He earned a degree in accounting from the University of Nairobi. He met his half-brother for the first time in 1985 when Barack flew from Chicago to Washington, D.C. to visit him. Malik and his half-brother Barack were best men at each other's weddings.[38] Barack Obama brought his wife Michelle to Kenya three years later, and they met with Malik again while Barack was introducing Michelle to many other new relatives.

Although much of the Obama family had dispersed throughout Kenya and overseas most, including Malik Obama, still considered their rural village on the shores of Lake Victoria to be their true home, and felt that those who left the village had become culturally "lost".A frequent visitor to the United States,and consultant in Washington, D.C. for several months per year, he nevertheless settled in the Obamas' ancestral home, Nyang’oma Kogelo, a village of several hundred people that he preferred to the city for its slow pace. He ran a small electronics shop a half hour drive outside of town. All of his father's other surviving children were living in the United States or England.

During his brother's Presidential campaign, Malik Obama was a spokesman for the extended Obama family in Kenya, dealing with safety and privacy concerns arising from increased attention from the press.

Abo Obama
Barack Obama's half-brother (born 1968) International telephone store manager in Kenya.

Auma Obama
Barack Obama's half-sister, born c. 1960.[44] As of July 2008, development worker in Kenya. She studied German at the University of Heidelberg from 1981 to 1987, and graduated with a PhD based on a dissertation about the conception of labor in Germany and its literary reflections. Auma Obama is resident in London, where she married in 1996 to Englishman Ian Manners and they have a daughter named Akinyi (b. 1997).

Bernard Obama
Barack Obama's half-brother, born 1970, son of Barack Obama, Sr. and his first wife Kezia. An auto parts supplier in Nairobi, Kenya, he has one child. Bernard converted to Islam in later life and is quoted, "I’m a Muslim, I don’t deny it. My father was raised a Muslim. But it’s not an issue. I don’t know what all the hullabaloo is about." He currently resides in Bracknell, England with his mother Kezia.

Ruth Ndesandjo
Born Ruth Nidesand, in U.S. c. 1940s, Barack Obama Sr's third wife and a private kindergarten director in Kenya.Ruth's two sons with Barack Obama, Sr., are Mark and David; her third son, Joseph Ndesandjo, was born c. 1980 from a subsequent marriage to a Tanzanian. David and Mark both went by the name Ndesandjo.

Mark Ndesandjo
Barack Obama's half-brother, son of Ruth Nidesand and Barack Obama Sr.  He runs an Internet company called WorldNexus that advises Chinese corporations how best to reach international customers. Mark studied physics at Stanford University, and has lived in Shenzhen, China since 2002 and is married to a Chinese woman.

David Ndesandjo
Barack Obama's half-brother, son of Ruth Nidesand and Barack Obama Sr. Killed in a motorcycle accident.

George Hussein Onyango Obama
Youngest half-brother of Barack Obama, born c.1982, son of Barack Obama Sr. and a woman in Kenya named Jael who now lives in Atlanta, Georgia. George was six months old when his father died in an automobile accident, after which he was raised in Nairobi by his mother and a French step-father. He later lived in South Korea for two years while his mother resided there for business reasons. Returning to Kenya, George Obama was homeless for several years ("slept rough"), then was given a home by his aunt in a six-by-eight foot corrugated metal shack in the Nairobi, Kenya slum of Huruma Flats. Today, George Obama is studying to become a mechanic. After the Italian language edition of Vanity Fair quoted George Obama as being "ashamed" of being related to Barack Obama[citation needed], the British Daily Telegraph's contradicted this, with George Obama saying he was "furious at subsequent reports that he had been abandoned by the Obama family and that he was filled with shame about living in a slum" In an interview with CNN, George Obama said that he will have none of the criticism against Barack Obama. He said that he drew inspiration from his famous half-brother and that he "knows that his half-brother will be the next president.... I was brought up well. I live well even now. The magazines, they have exaggerated everything... I think I kind of like it here. There are some challenges, but maybe it is just like where you come from, there are the same challenges."

Zeituni Onyango
 It has been suggested that Zeituni Onyango be merged into this article or section.

Main article: Zeituni Onyango
Half-sister of Barack Obama Sr., born May 29, 1952 in Kenya, Onyango is referred to as "Aunti Zeituni" in Senator Obama's memoir, Dreams from My Father. Barack Obama first met Onyango in 1988 in his first trip to Kenya. She worked as a computer programmer at Kenya Breweries in Nairobi during that period. Onyango suffers from a physical disability and uses a walking stick.She claims to have visited the United States multiple times since 1975, and to have returned to Kenya each time.

By 2008, Onyango had been living quietly in a South Boston public housing project, according to Boston Public Housing Authority officials. William McGonigle, deputy director of the Authority, called Onyango a "delightful lady" and "a great resident" who did a "wonderful job" as a public health advocate. He commented that Oyango was "not looking for fame or notoriety, and we were as surprised as anyone to learn she was related to the Democratic nominee."Onyango worked as a volunteer computer systems co-ordinator for the Experience Corps, a program in which adults over 55 mentor children in their communities."

Onyango became the subject of media attention in the final week of the 2008 U.S. presidential election in which Barack Obama was the Democratic candidate. The impetus for the scrutiny was an article by the Associated Press, based on anonymous government sources, which reported that Onyango was living in the United States without valid immigration status, after being asked to leave the country when her request for asylum was denied. Onyango's case resulted in a special nationwide directive within Immigrations and Customs Enforcement requiring any deportations to be approved at the level of ICE regional directors before the U.S presidential election and led to an investigation by the Federal government to determine the source of the leaked information and whether any laws were broken by federal officials in the Bush administration or in the McCain campaign in disclosing information about her immigration status.

Federal Election Commission records show that Onyango donated multiple times to her nephew's campaign; the records compiled by The Huffington Post show she gave a total of $260 to the campaign. Since it is illegal for foreign citizens and immigrants without green cards to make political donations, the Obama campaign announced their intention to return the money.

Omar Obama
(born c. 1950s in Nyang’oma Kogelo) son of Onyango and Sarah Obama and uncle of Barack Obama. Resides in Boston, Massachusetts.

Yusuf Obama
(born c. 1950s in Nyang’oma Kogelo) son of Onyango and Sarah Obama and uncle of Barack Obama.

Said Obama
(born c. 1950s in Nyang’oma Kogelo) son of Onyango and Sarah Obama and uncle of Barack Obama.

Obama's Mother's side:

Ann Dunham
Main article: Ann Dunham
Mother of Barack Obama, born in 1942, died in 1995. Birthname Stanley Ann Dunham. Anthropologist in Hawaii and Indonesia.

Madelyn Dunham
Main article: Madelyn and Stanley Dunham
Barack Obama's maternal grandmother. Born in 1922 and died shortly before midnight on November 2, 2008. She was a bank vice president in Hawaii.

Stanley Dunham
Main article: Madelyn and Stanley Dunham
Grandfather of Barack Obama, born 1918, died 1992. World War II U.S. Army sergeant, furniture salesman in Hawaii.

Charles T. Payne
Great-uncle of Barack Obama, born 1925. Served during World War II in the U.S. Army 89th Infantry Division. Obama has often described his role in liberating Buchenwald concentration camp. He was assistant director of The University of Chicago's Library. There was a brief media controversy over an error made by Obama when he mistakenly said that his uncle had helped liberate Auschwitz concentration camp, when in fact he had helped liberate Buchenwald concentration camp.

Maya Soetoro-Ng
Main article: Maya Soetoro-Ng
Half-sister of Barack Obama, born August 15, 1970 in Jakarta, Indonesia)  Married to Konrad Ng, mother of a daughter, Suhaila. Teacher in Hawaii.

Konrad Ng
Brother-in-law of Barack Obama, born 1974. A Chinese Canadian, he is assistant professor at the University of Hawaii's Academy of Creative Media. His parents are from Kudat and Sandakan, two small towns in Sabah, Malaysia and he was born and raised in Burlington, Ontario. Married Maya Soetoro-Ng at the end of 2003 in Hawaii. They have one daughter, Suhaila.

This is all I've been able to find, with no reference to Middle Eastern decent.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline RaptorRandy

• VIP
    • No Mercy Racing
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »
Just a question here, not to fuel any fires, but do you mean Arabic, or Islamic?

(not trying to insult you, but they are very easily inappropriately inter-used)

I knew the islamic part from the New York post interview with his Grandmother, which got flipped flopped, but I that really didn't matter to me anyway.

I mean Arabic.....he was educated in the religion nation of Islam  as a child. 

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 03:46:58 PM »
Another question for all.   

Do you think that the amount of terms we can elect government officals should be changed?  or perhaps lengthen or shorten term lengths inbetween re-elections?

Some times I think our officals maybe more focused on the job at hand, vice there re-election campaign or populatity if we limited senate tenours, or even presidental terms (IE a single six year term, with no re-election)

What do you think?

Aaron

Agreed. i don't think they should choose their own VP either.

I was looking too Brian, I got nothing. I also don't know why it is a big deal whether he has Arabic, or Kenyan background. He is an american citizen.