Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: OUR new President...Barack Obama  (Read 5769 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: OUR new President...Barack Obama
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 11:36:44 AM »
To clarify my comment on the banning.  If anyone were to trash is race (example: calling him a "ni**er president) would be grounds for a ban.  Not just the usual complaining about the president.  But I did ask that we should try to respect the position more and do our homework before complaining.
I like your stance :thumbs:

My views may lean to conservative but non the less being a patriot is far more important and I feel the President deserves all my respect.

Socal, you and I may agree more than I thought. Karma fairy has visited you....Your guy didn't win, move on and support the Country! I did the same in 04 after the malaise in Fla. :confused:

you too fire-raptor!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 11:45:14 AM »
Lets keep this about President Obama and not McCain.  This thread was to implore other members to respect President Obama.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline RaptorRandy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
    • No Mercy Racing
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 11:53:46 AM »
Not that it matters to me, but Obama is 50% caucasian (His mother was from Kansas) and 50% Kenyan (His dad was a native of Kenya).

~Brian

It doesn't matter to me what race he is.....what matters to me is telling the truth about your heritage and not playing on a race card that you don't have enough in you to even legally claim as an ethnicity, for political gain......to me there is no honor in that.

As far as your Obama is 50/50 statement, that is incorrect. Obama is 50% Caucasian 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African/Kenyan. America did not elect the first African American for President, that still has yet to happen.

Sorry Erich......even though I have always been a patriot and served my country honorable and proudly for six years and am well versed in duty, honor, country I can not out of principle get behind this President, and the untoward means he has used to get where he is today. This is the first day I can honestly say, I'm not proud to be an American. This is the last time I will voice my opinion on this individual, but I had to speak my mind as it is truly how I feel...it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with honor in my mind.

Randy

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
 And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 12:05:39 PM »
Not that it matters to me, but Obama is 50% caucasian (His mother was from Kansas) and 50% Kenyan (His dad was a native of Kenya).

~Brian

Sorry Erich......even though I have always been a patriot and served my country honorable and proudly for six years and am well versed in duty, honor, country I can not out of principle get behind this President, and the untoward means he has used to get where he is today. This is the first day I can honestly say, I'm not proud to be an American. This is the last time I will voice my opinion on this individual, but I had to speak my mind as it is truly how I feel...it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with honor in my mind.

Randy

But that is exactly why it is important for you to cherish your patriotism and voice your concerns, or better yet act upon them by raising awareness with issues in your community our as far as you can yell.  Your distain for this election results is your opinion, AND THAT DOES MATTER, it may not be shared with the mojarity of Americans, but that doesn't make it less important than anyone elses.

Talk like "I'm not proud to be an American today" is defeatism.  I don't know you very well Randy (I truly wish to change that someday), but I do know you are a man of honor and that is statement is not your style. 

The declaration of independance starts with "We the people.." , not "Me and my opinion", However it is great individuals and ideas that inspire courage, strength and unity.  In my humble opinion, you have all the skill sets required to inspire others, so raise your voice and keep charging brother  :thumbs:

Aaron

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »
How did you come up with 43% Arabic?

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 12:28:27 PM »
To clarify my comment on the banning.  If anyone were to trash is race (example: calling him a "ni**er president) would be grounds for a ban.  Not just the usual complaining about the president.  But I did ask that we should try to respect the position more and do our homework before complaining.

Easy easy easy, cause I have got to bring this shit up. I could careless about his race, doesn't matter to me if he was green. BUT I've been watching the news all morning and thats aaall they have been talking about. CNN, CBS, Headline, Fox, the race card has been pulled all morning, don't believe me look for yourself. Now the reason I bring this up is, cause I don't remember it being this big of an issue before he was elected. Aaand why is it their (media) main focus this morning? I think it definitly has showed the signs of time and I agree it is worth acknowledging, but why is it the ONLY thing they are talking about? I want to hear what they (media) thinks his first move is going to be, what is known of his bills he intends to focus on first, his stratagy, anything but the damn race card.

Side note: I've noticed the "black" (dont BAN me) people on the streets that have been giving and getting random interviews, are standing up staight, holding their head high, and overall have a better self appearance. I think that's great. I think it FINALLY changed the demeanor of the black(DONT BAN ME) public. One of the great things about Obama being elected is that hopefully the general public will be blind to skin color, at least I hope so. Im so sick of the damn race card being pulled from not only both black/white, but eeeeeeverybody hispanic, asian, muslim, black(Don't ban me), white, Native American, and so on. Aaaand I don't mean from this election at all, I mean in the last 30-40 years. Hopefully this will be an end to "double standards" and "white guilt"

Alright that's all I got to say, now lets see how bad shit gets f'd up from here with the Democratic party controlling house and senate too. That's right I said it. I also wouldn't want Republicans controlling all 3 either, the end result would be just as bad. I hope that Obama being elected that the rest of the government can pull their head out of their ass and make decisions based on the "peoples voice" and not their own agenda.

Mikey C
Oklahoma Republican for a greater America
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 12:37:51 PM by 4gunz4x4z »

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 12:34:33 PM »
I guess you missed the point.  I said a ban would only be handed out if you did something like call him a n**ger president.  That is very different from saying he's a black president.  So you can drop the black (don't ban me) shit.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 12:42:48 PM »
I think this whole thread needs to be dropped..

Everyone's entitled to free speech, its one of our great amendments. Its part of our forum rules that we don't allow racial slurs, not to be confused with calling black person black.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 12:46:42 PM »
I guess you missed the point.  I said a ban would only be handed out if you did something like call him a n**ger president.  That is very different from saying he's a black president.  So you can drop the black (don't ban me) shit.

No I didn't miss the point. The threat of banning someone before they have the chance to respond is bullshit. If someone has on outrageous comment simply delete it and move on. No fight intended.

Aaaaaaand I agree with you on the original post.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »

Everyone's entitled to free speech, its one of our great amendments. Its part of our forum rules that we don't allow racial slurs, not to be confused with calling black person black.

The thread is fine.  

And that was my point.  But I will remove the comments in question since people can't seem to understand what I meant.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 12:49:52 PM »

No I didn't miss the point. The threat of banning someone before they have the chance to respond is bullshit. If someone has on outrageous comment simply delete it and move on. No fight intended.

The threat was to people calling him a n**ger.  There is no response to that.  It will be deleted and the person banned.  Our forum has rules.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline RaptorRandy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
    • No Mercy Racing
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 12:53:57 PM »
How did you come up with 43% Arabic?

~Brian

Through  research......   whether you choose to believe it or not, it is true, and it's 43.75% to be exact.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 12:56:24 PM by RaptorRandy »

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
 And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 12:54:17 PM »

No. I think this is a great topic and can be very positive. I dont think closing the door on this would be cool. I originally felt defeated last nite as an American, but when I woke up this morning I could still see the sky and my neighbors and so on. Life still goes on and when I saw that I thought to myself "hell why not, lets see what this new guy can do." I mean there is no changing it now, so I do want to know more about him. I do want to support his cause or at least give him a chance for myself. Hell I voted for Clinton twice and regret it. I also voted for Bush twice too.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 12:57:15 PM »

The threat was to people calling him a n**ger.  There is no response to that.  It will be deleted and the person banned.  Our forum has rules.
:cheers:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline fire raptor

• Street Cred: 9
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 01:16:59 PM »
Change is so hard for all of us. I went to New York right after 9-11 to help do funeral duty and I saw a changed city and then a changed nation. It also changed me as person. I became very conservative with my political views but with that change came a realization that we must stand united as a nation and as people. If we are divided we are weak and if we stand together we are the strongest nation in this world. Lets see where we go from here and stand together rather than apart. Enjoy the ride.