Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: OUR new President...Barack Obama  (Read 5782 times)

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: OUR new President...Barack Obama
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2008, 03:51:21 PM »
Just a question here, not to fuel any fires, but do you mean Arabic, or Islamic?

(not trying to insult you, but they are very easily inappropriately inter-used)

I knew the islamic part from the New York post interview with his Grandmother, which got flipped flopped, but I that really didn't matter to me anyway.

I mean Arabic.....he was educated in the religion nation of Islam  as a child. 

and............?

Islam itself is not bad, it is radical religious zealots who interpret it violently who are the problem. Catholic, Mormon, Baptist, you name it. THey all freak me the F**k out!

I actually think it is refreshing to see someone with a different background in any office. Differing points of view are what drive this country. But we still must support our fellow Americans regardless of what invisible man he/she follows.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2008, 03:52:30 PM »
Just a question here, not to fuel any fires, but do you mean Arabic, or Islamic?

I knew the islamic part from the New York post interview with his Grandmother, which got flipped flopped, but I that really didn't matter to me anyway.

and............?

Islam itself is not bad, it is radical religious zealots who interpret it violently who are the problem. Catholic, Mormon, Baptist, you name it. THey all freak me the F**k out!

I actually think it is refreshing to see someone with a different background in any office. Differing points of view are what drive this country. But we still must support our fellow Americans regardless of what invisible man he/she follows.
post of the day

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2008, 03:52:42 PM »
Another question for all.   

Do you think that the amount of terms we can elect government officals should be changed?  or perhaps lengthen or shorten term lengths inbetween re-elections?

Some times I think our officals maybe more focused on the job at hand, vice there re-election campaign or populatity if we limited senate tenours, or even presidental terms (IE a single six year term, with no re-election)

What do you think?

Aaron

Agreed. i don't think they should choose their own VP either.

I was looking too Brian, I got nothing. I also don't know why it is a big deal whether he has Arabic, or Kenyan background. He is an american citizen.

I agee on the VP thing too. I was wondering last nite what the outcome would have been if there was a seperate ballot for VP and so on. I was elected  school treasurer when I was a kid and I ran against 3 other kids. We had ballots for Prez, VP, Secretary, Treasurer. Why isn't it the same for our Government.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:54:28 PM by 4gunz4x4z »

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2008, 03:56:25 PM »

Do you think that the amount of terms we can elect government officals should be changed?  or perhaps lengthen or shorten term lengths inbetween re-elections?

Some times I think our officals maybe more focused on the job at hand, vice there re-election campaign or populatity if we limited senate tenours, or even presidental terms (IE a single six year term, with no re-election)

What do you think?

Aaron

I was looking too Brian, I got nothing. I also don't know why it is a big deal whether he has Arabic, or Kenyan background. He is an american citizen.

I agee on the VP thing too. I was wondering last nite what the outcome would have been if there was a seperate ballot for VP and so on. I was elected  school treasurer when I was a kid and I ran against 3 other kids. We had ballots for Prez, VP, Secretary, Treasurer. Why isn't it the same for our Government.

Great Point. Runner up gets nothing. I think it would be cool to have losing candidate be VP. And be direct opposing view counsel to the president. I grow weary of the two party system.

Oh... and thanks Kyle ;) :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2008, 04:03:15 PM »
He is an american citizen.

You sure about that one???

Yep, wouldn't even be on the ballot...

Being Islamic does not make you bad, and I am tired of hearing that. I know many christians who are downright stupid in their own right, but nobody blames their religion WTF! They just chose to chase a different invisible man the rest? SO that makes them worse than christians, how?. :rolleyes:

It is a moot point anyways, because Obama is not a Muslim. Unless you believe internet pictures. :lol:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2008, 04:04:34 PM »

Obama attended grade school in Indonesia* from 1967 to 1971. Half of which were at a private Catholic school in Jakarta until he was ten or in the fifth grade. He then returned to Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents while attending Punahou School from the fifth grade in 1971 until his graduation from high school in 1979.

*Indonesia is the world's fourth most populous country and the most populous Muslim-majority nation. About 20% of Muslims live in Arab countries, 30% in the Indian subcontinent and 15.6% in Indonesia, the largest Muslim country by population.

~Brian

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 04:08:16 PM by Flynbyu »
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2008, 04:06:25 PM »

What do you think?

Aaron

Because in school, it was a popularity vote, not to lead our nation. If that was the case, Hugh Hefner would be President.

~Brian
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 04:08:54 PM by Flynbyu »
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2008, 04:07:05 PM »

Obama attended grade school in Indonesia* rom 1967 to 1971. Half of which were at a private Catholic school in Jakarta until he was ten or in the fifth grade. He then returned to Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents while attending Punahou School from the fifth grade in 1971 until his graduation from high school in 1979.

*Indonesia is the world's fourth most populous country and the most populous Muslim-majority nation. About 20% of Muslims live in Arab countries, 30% in the Indian subcontinent and 15.6% in Indonesia, the largest Muslim country by population.

~Brian

I read that too. He was educated in a Muslim majority nation, but not in the religion of Islam. Still a moot point ;)

Maybe Hugh Hefner should be Prez! :lol:

Offline RaptorRandy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
    • No Mercy Racing
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2008, 04:15:25 PM »

and............?

Damn it peels  :mad: I answered Colorado's question.... do not assume that I am downing his religious beliefs.
I have laid my life on the line to protect Americans right to freedom of religion.

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
 And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2008, 04:17:24 PM »
I don't think Eric (Peels) meant it in that context Randy.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline RaptorRandy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
    • No Mercy Racing
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »
How did you come up with 43% Arabic?

~Brian

Through  research......   whether you choose to believe it or not, it is true, and it's 43.75% to be exact.

I'd like to see your source. How do you take a woman from Kansas, add a man born in Kenya and get Arabic out of that?

~Brian

Read the entire article and check his links....he did his homework on this.
http://kennethelamb.blogspot.com/2008/02/barak-obama-questions-about-ethnic.html

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
 And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2008, 04:22:59 PM »

What do you think?

Aaron

Because in school, it was a popularity vote, not to lead our nation. If that was the case, Hugh Hefner would be President.

~Brian

???
Let me rearrange my words.

Ballot 1 President
Obama
McCain

Ballot 2 Vice President
Bidden
Palin

Not

Ballot
Obama/Bidden
McCain/Palin

As far as the Electorial vote and Popular vote is concerned I didn't mention my thoughts on that. :thumbs:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline fire raptor

• Street Cred: 9
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »
Well if Hef was Pres then we would have 3 first ladys and that would be a cluster for sure.

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2008, 05:08:18 PM »

What do you think?

Aaron

~Brian

???
Let me rearrange my words.

Ballot 1 President
Obama
McCain

Ballot 2 Vice President
Bidden
Palin

Not

Ballot
Obama/Bidden
McCain/Palin

As far as the Electorial vote and Popular vote is concerned I didn't mention my thoughts on that. :thumbs:

great thinking!

Sorry Raptor Randy, not all directed at you. Had some bigots at work who put me in a shitty mood.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2008, 05:17:12 PM »
From Randy's link:

Mr. Obama is 50% Caucasian, that from his mother. What those who want Mr. Obama to write history by becoming "America's first African-American president" ignore is that his father was ethnically Arabic, with only 1 relative ethnically African Negro - a maternal great-grandparent (Sen. Obama's great-great grandparent, thus the 6.25% ethnic contribution to the senator's ethnic composition.).

That means that Mr. Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side. He is 43.75% Arabic, and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side.

"Why do you think he has an Arabic name? Why does his father have an Arabic name? Why does every ancestor on his father's side have an Arabic name?"

The answer is obvious: They have Arabic names because his father's side of the family tree is Arabic.

Need proof? Research the Kenyan records for yourself. You will find that his father was officially classified as "Arab African" by the Kenyan government.

Ehtnically Arabic?

Since when did Kenya become part of the Middle East? I'm still confused, because this man who wrote the article isn't making sense. Kenya is on the western coast of Africa. If Obama's realtives were enslaved by Arabs, how does this make them Arab?

This guy that blogs this crap is so far to the right, he's off the chart. Obama's family name has Arabic roots, but most people in that region adopted names according to their faith, much like old worlf Catholics, Protestants, etc.. adopted last names of their trade (i.e. sheep herder= Sheppard, my last name).

Do you know what the most popular name in the world is? Mohammed. Why? More Muslims than Christians world wide. Does this make you Arabic for having that name? Of course not.

What if you where born and bred in the Saudi Arabia, and were a Christian wiith the birth name Jesus? You would still be Arabic. No different than being French-Canadian, German-American like SoCal, Scandinavian -American like Krandall or Native American, Dutch and Irish (Like myself).

Obama's father was born in Africa, he's African. His mother was born in Kansas, USA, She's an American. He's African-American.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum