Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XV

Started by Flynbyu, October 27, 2008, 04:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Quote from: LittleBuddha on October 29, 2008, 01:04:22 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on October 29, 2008, 12:58:59 PM
I do  :thumbs:

But also want to recognize service where warranted.  I believe he has warreted more than most, you do not. so be it.

And Rolling Stone has made more Kool Aid than most as well (Regardless of who they say is there source)

IE check there coverage of Jane Fonda's visit to the North Vietnamese  ;)

I do not take someone's service lightly, you know that.  I am a proud veteran and I love all my brothers in arms.  But when service is embellished for personal gain and exploited it is an egregious violation to the principles I hold dear.  I think if you asked a lot of other vets they would say the same thing. 

I agree, but I don't think this is the case at all.  High level medals (Bronze/ Silver Stars) come with a shit load of investigation, and I'm sure interviews with his fellow captives were taken.  But I'm sure you think his daddy influenced those boards of inquiry.

I think we've both drinking alot of Cool-aid, and the truth lie somewhere in the middle.

BTW in S.E.R.E i was taught that all people "break" eventually, but it's how you break that makes the diffrence.  ;)

Lady4Fiddy

Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Flynbyu

Because you called Obama a moron.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Lady4Fiddy

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 29, 2008, 01:11:39 PM

~Brian

Well I am entitled to my own opinion right?   :confused:

Lady4Fiddy

Quote from: LittleBuddha on October 29, 2008, 01:12:16 PM
Quote from: RappyPrincess on October 29, 2008, 01:10:59 PM
How many times you been?

5 or 6 I think...

I hear it gets pretty crazy there. Is there any events going on there this weekend?

Krandall

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 29, 2008, 01:07:04 PM
I see them both as having enough experience.  I find it a joke when one side judges the other.  People need to get off the bandwagon.

What bandwagon?

There's 2.. You're for one or your for the other.. It's hard not to be a bandwagonier.

People are voting for obama for reasons because he's smart, good talker, and want someone different than the bush administration.

People are voting for McCain because he has a hot wife, was a serviceman, and also a good talker.

your MORE than average american is not going to look into their voting paterns.

why do you think the news has the impact it does. People watch the news. get spoonfed. Whether correct or not. take it and run.
some people are only intersted in politics enough to get them out to vote. not like you E. where you love it. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Krandall

Quote from: RappyPrincess on October 29, 2008, 01:12:39 PM

~Brian

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. But you say something and someone contradicts it you better have the facts. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Colorado700R on October 29, 2008, 01:10:49 PM
Quote from: LittleBuddha on October 29, 2008, 01:04:22 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on October 29, 2008, 12:58:59 PM
I do  :thumbs:

But also want to recognize service where warranted.  I believe he has warreted more than most, you do not. so be it.

And Rolling Stone has made more Kool Aid than most as well (Regardless of who they say is there source)

IE check there coverage of Jane Fonda's visit to the North Vietnamese  ;)

I do not take someone's service lightly, you know that.  I am a proud veteran and I love all my brothers in arms.  But when service is embellished for personal gain and exploited it is an egregious violation to the principles I hold dear.  I think if you asked a lot of other vets they would say the same thing. 

I agree, but I don't think this is the case at all.  High level medals (Bronze/ Silver Stars) come with a shit load of investigation, and I'm sure interviews with his fellow captives were taken.  But I'm sure you think his daddy influenced those boards of inquiry.

I think we've both drinking alot of Cool-aid, and the truth lie somewhere in the middle.

BTW in S.E.R.E i was taught that all people "break" eventually, but it's how you break that makes the diffrence.  ;)

Well said.  Let me quote from a vet site called 2Dinar.  To me, the issue is about professionalism. Professionalism is a word we learned a lot about in the military, in fact, it was the mark of success we sought after. A professional leader is many things- honest, well read, fit, and tactically proficient. A professional in the Marine Corps is someone for whom a standard is to be regarded as a bare minimum. A professional seeks to win at all costs, except at the cost of honor.  emphasis mine

Right.  McCain broke right when he hit the ground.  He informed them that his father was an admiral.  Name, Rank, and serial number.  

Flynbyu

Quote from: Krandall on October 29, 2008, 01:03:17 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on October 29, 2008, 01:01:45 PM
Quote from: Flynbyu on October 29, 2008, 12:59:27 PM
Quote from: RappyPrincess on October 29, 2008, 12:51:57 PM
Quote from: Flynbyu on October 29, 2008, 12:49:47 PM
Quote from: RappyPrincess on October 29, 2008, 12:44:51 PM
If you vote for Obama, Oprah Winfrey will be running the White House. Think about that.

If you vote for McCain, a complete moron is a heartbeat away from ruling the free world. Think about that!

~Brian

Ummm... Obama is  unexperienced and a Moron. Double whammy!

Obama = Four years in service, and and taught law witha law degree from Harvard?

Palin = Two years out of being mayor of a town of 5,000, two years removed from the PTA, community college educated.

Hmmmm.

Who's has more experience?

Oh and Sarah has had a passport since 2006, with four countries visited including neighboring Canada. I've owned a passport for 12 years, and have 15 countries under my belt, so she's still more experience in foreign policy than I?

~Brian

Why are you comparing a VP canidate to a Prez canidate?  Oh, that's right becuase there is no expierence compairson between the Prez canidates  :rolleyes:

Enough with Polotics, I get to see plenty more tonight on TV  :mad:

Who's riding this weekend?

Ask Palin what the VP does.......   :lol:

Uh, I think she's been educated since that little interview.

:lol:

McCain: "You say another word to the press before the election, I'll own you."

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: RappyPrincess on October 29, 2008, 01:13:29 PM
Quote from: LittleBuddha on October 29, 2008, 01:12:16 PM
Quote from: RappyPrincess on October 29, 2008, 01:10:59 PM
How many times you been?

5 or 6 I think...

I hear it gets pretty crazy there. Is there any events going on there this weekend?

Halloween weekend is usually the craziest.  Lots of titties.   :thumbs:

Lady4Fiddy

Quote from: Krandall on October 29, 2008, 01:14:25 PM

~Brian

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. But you say something and someone contradicts it you better have the facts. :thumbs:

My whole purpose was to get a few people on here all fired up, and boy did it work. I'm not sure why it is so fun.... but I almost pee'd cuz it was so much fun.

Flynbyu

~Brian

You are entitled to your opinion, but I would have used a better word than moron to describe a Harvard educated individual.

Wait, Bush is educated at Yale, but earned his MBA at Harvard. Okay, so he's still a moron. Continue.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Quote from: RappyPrincess on October 29, 2008, 01:17:25 PM
Quote from: Krandall on October 29, 2008, 01:14:25 PM

~Brian

My whole purpose was to get a few people on here all fired up, and boy did it work. I'm not sure why it is so fun.... but I almost pee'd cuz it was so much fun.

Please put down a plastic bag before sitting. :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: