Poll: Seriously, who are you voting for???

Started by Gunz, October 09, 2008, 10:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peelz

I agree with you somewhat. But I feel the market should have, could have been fixed sooner. I saw it coming a year ago. I really feel the same way about the war you just posted. My trouble with it is Bush "staying the course" when he doesn't know the course. I know many soldiers who have changed their tune, because they have no clue what their aim is anymore.

"Warning - while you were typing 21 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post."

holy biscuits you whores! i can't even go back and quote socal  :lol: I walked away for 15 minutes! dayum!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 21, 2008, 02:21:28 PM
George could have used his veto powers on bills that got us into the mess we are in today a little more. He holds the record for lack of vetos while in office (2nd place Thomas Jefferson), and the most vetos in a time period when the Republicans lost control of the house.
The main issues that stick out like a sore thumb to me is this administration's big spending, support of deregualtion of lending guidelines, spending $10 billion a week on war(that should have never happened in the first place). Not to mention his countless blunders in emergency management, fiscal management (Our country is broke!), social programs, the military (overused, over deployed, and UNDER PAID!!), our trade deficit, and energy.

~Brian

the bills that put that started the housing problem were before his time.  But i think he should of pushed for mortgage reform when he first got into office when the house and senate were still republican controlled.  And I would be going crazy with the veto's if I could with some of the bills that have been pushed the last few years, total crap.  The lending guidelines were also changed long before his time, don't try to blame him for that one.  The war is a whole other cookie, with the news we get no wonder we think it was a bad idea.  They saw it as a way to go after him and they did.  And once again he gets the blame for the emergency management instead of us complaining about the root problem....the bureaucrats.  And could you imagine what would happen if he tried to cut spending on social problems?  They would have him hanged.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

I will not be voting this year. My address on my license is still under my parents address where I'm registered. I won't be driving 2 hours to vote.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

still should have done something about it, regardless of who started it.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

Solidiers sailors Airman and Marines are also suffering becuase of the rotation cycle.  The US military was not large enough to handle a two front war thanks to Clintons cuts.  And now, trying to recruit during an unpopular war to increase it's size  :confused:

I think about these things sometimes like "If I would have stayed in, would someone be able to be home with their family now?", or "would someone still be alive to raise his kids if I would have been there"

Very frustrating to me personally  :(

socalrappy700

Quote from: Peels660 on October 21, 2008, 02:42:19 PM

I agree with you somewhat. But I feel the market should have, could have been fixed sooner. I saw it coming a year ago. I really feel the same way about the war you just posted. My trouble with it is Bush "staying the course" when he doesn't know the course. I know many soldiers who have changed their tune, because they have no clue what their aim is anymore.

"Warning - while you were typing 21 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post."

holy biscuits you whores! i can't even go back and quote socal  :lol: I walked away for 15 minutes! dayum!

If they jumped in sooner we would of bitched then that they are taking too much control, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And we are staying the course, and he knows exactly what it is.  The surge worked and things have been turning around.  You know one way to know Iraq is getting better?  You don't here much about it in the news.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on October 21, 2008, 02:46:43 PM
I will not be voting this year. My address on my license is still under my parents address where I'm registered. I won't be driving 2 hours to vote.

it takes 30 minutes of your time to register where you are at Randy

socalrappy700

Quote from: Peels660 on October 21, 2008, 02:47:04 PM

Totally agree, this is one thing I think Bush should of done right away.  But back then the system was making money and he would of gone through hell to get it through, but worth it IMO.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 21, 2008, 02:49:46 PM

Totally agree, this is one thing I think Bush should of done right away.  But back then the system was making money and he would of gone through hell to get it through, but worth it IMO.

This is very true as well. Not just his fault I just don't remeber him acknowledging it as a possible problem.

socalrappy700

Quote from: Peels660 on October 21, 2008, 02:52:47 PM

This is very true as well. Not just his fault I just don't remeber him acknowledging it as a possible problem.

Back then it was the problem which we do not speak of. 

:lol:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 21, 2008, 02:55:16 PM
Quote from: Peels660 on October 21, 2008, 02:52:47 PM

Back then it was the problem which we do not speak of. 

Krandall

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 21, 2008, 02:48:36 PM
 You know one way to know Iraq is getting better?  You don't here much about it in the news.

that is SO true.. I went to CNN.com   you can't find crap about us being over there.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

Quote from: Krandall on October 21, 2008, 02:56:20 PM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on October 21, 2008, 02:48:36 PM
 You know one way to know Iraq is getting better?  You don't here much about it in the news.

that is SO true.. I went to CNN.com   you can't find crap about us being over there.

Good news doesn't sell.  One main rule in media...bad news sells.  That's why they push things so hard.  IMO they are to blame for a lot of issues getting blown out of proportion.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Colorado700R on October 21, 2008, 02:36:20 PM
Quote from: Flynbyu on October 21, 2008, 02:29:27 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on October 21, 2008, 01:56:17 PM
there was about 60,000 Kurds that would disagree  :(

What happened to the Kurds is tragic. Ethinic cleansing is a horrible thing, and sure we should contribute and do our part to help the weak, but not for free at 100% taxpayer expense.

There are 305,000,000 Americans, and we spend $10 billion a week fighting for people that don't want us on their turf. That $10 billion per week would pay for health care programs, education, and other under funded programs we need.

~Brian

So how much is life worth?  Until you've look into the eyes of a foriegn child in a combat zone and told them "your not worth my tax money".  thats a hard pill for me to swallow.  Especially since I have been in Combat and have seen the positives of US forces involvment.

We all agree that the war in Iraq is a mess.  However, Our troops are doing a great job and lets not dishonor there sacrifices by telling them their efforts were purposeless.  

I highly doubt that is anyones meaning, just becareful becuase There perspective may not be your own.

:thumbs:

Ask a Vietnam Vet if he thinks the war served a purpose. Of the five people I know that are in the sand box now, I don't know of one now that has a positive to say about the current conflict. I will commend Bush Sr. He was smart enough to get the job done and get the f*ck out after Iraq left Kuwait. I think after the first conflict, we were at an all time high. The "100 Hour War" was just that. Swift, decisive, no bullshit. Misssion accomplished.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Colorado700R on October 21, 2008, 02:47:46 PM
Solidiers sailors Airman and Marines are also suffering becuase of the rotation cycle.  The US military was not large enough to handle a two front war thanks to Clintons cuts.  And now, trying to recruit during an unpopular war to increase it's size  :confused:

I think about these things sometimes like "If I would have stayed in, would someone be able to be home with their family now?", or "would someone still be alive to raise his kids if I would have been there"

Very frustrating to me personally  :(

Clinton cuts? Why did we need a huge military when he was in office, we were not at war.

Recruiting now is at an all time low due to the fact "You're going to the sand box." There's no way I would sign up straight out of high school without going to college first and enlisting as an officer with all of the negatives we hear. These recruits need more assurance the conflict will end. The shouldn't have to be concerned they'll be stuck in a hell hole with no date to pull out.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum