Poll: Seriously, who are you voting for???

Started by Gunz, October 09, 2008, 10:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on October 21, 2008, 02:00:46 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on October 21, 2008, 01:56:17 PM
there was about 60,000 Kurds that would disagree  :(

That's such a small ratio of their total population.... when you're comparing to nearly 30 million.

Although I'm grateful they are happy for us being there. Bush could have said. We're helping solve a CIVIL war.

I'm just fed up hearing about "THE WAR ON TERROR"

Wow.  Ethnic cleansing is ok aslong as it's a small ratio?

I know you didn't mean it that way Randy, but the effects of our troops fighting with honor out way any explanation or reasoning for going in.

Krandall

Quote from: Colorado700R on October 21, 2008, 02:03:56 PM
Quote from: Krandall on October 21, 2008, 02:00:46 PM

That's such a small ratio of their total population.... when you're comparing to nearly 30 million.

Although I'm grateful they are happy for us being there. Bush could have said. We're helping solve a CIVIL war.

I'm just fed up hearing about "THE WAR ON TERROR"

Wow.  Ethnic cleansing is ok aslong as it's a small ratio?
I know you didn't mean it that way Randy, but the effects of our troops fighting with honor out way any explanation or reasoning for going in.

I never said it was okay. Why not give it to the americans as "It is what it is"? instead of filling us full of BS? I know  you don't have that answer. but I can tell you this. More people would have been for it if they knew it wasn't about WMD and coming up empty handed. To me that it was just a story. the government whatever agency is watching what's going on in the world has to know for sure.. If they can find out what kim jong is diong w/ a nuclear plant whether putting together or dis-assembling. They sure as hell can make sure that there's huge missiles in Iraq.

As far as blowing up another one of our buildings... I don't think they'd be capable of doing that again. it was a cheap shot. nothing more nothing less. they'd never be able to pull off anything more than that.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

If we didn't think Iraq had WMDs we wouldn't of had every service member carrying gas masks, and doing repeated traing and drills with them.

Just becuase they didn't find those weapons doesn't mean they were never there either.  Everyone is frustrated with this war, but monday morning quarterbacking decisions made years ago has no effect.  Iraq needs to stand up on its own, and unfortunately we'll have to remain by there side till they can.

Aaron

Krandall

It just boggles my mind how.. What's available to me via google maps.... I can see what my neighbor has parked in his field... That the our eagle eyes the government can't be "sure" of WMD? ??? ???

sorry, that's my political bantering for the day.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

George could have used his veto powers on bills that got us into the mess we are in today a little more. He holds the record for lack of vetos while in office (2nd place Thomas Jefferson), and the most vetos in a time period when the Republicans lost control of the house.
The main issues that stick out like a sore thumb to me is this administration's big spending, support of deregualtion of lending guidelines, spending $10 billion a week on war(that should have never happened in the first place). Not to mention his countless blunders in emergency management, fiscal management (Our country is broke!), social programs, the military (overused, over deployed, and UNDER PAID!!), our trade deficit, and energy.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

What happened to the Kurds is tragic. Ethinic cleansing is a horrible thing, and sure we should contribute and do our part to help the weak, but not for free at 100% taxpayer expense.

There are 305,000,000 Americans, and we spend $10 billion a week fighting for people that don't want us on their turf. That $10 billion per week would pay for health care programs, education, and other under funded programs we need.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on October 21, 2008, 02:20:21 PM
It just boggles my mind how.. What's available to me via google maps.... I can see what my neighbor has parked in his field... That the our eagle eyes the government can't be "sure" of WMD? ??? ???

Unfortunately your not alone in being baffled by BS on the US or any other countries capablities.  We watch Bourne Supremecy, James Bond, Enemy of the state,etc, and even though we understand it's fiction, we still come away believing our own myth.  

Take for example the CIA's favorite phrase.  "You will never hear about our successes, only our failures"  All though true to a point, it's also a scape goat tactic when failures compile like in Iraq.

Flynbyu

A little off subject....What really irks me about this thread is there are 14 people that have choose NOT to vote in the poll.

WTF?

To those people, are you not registered? Are you not a citizen? Let me guess, you voted for American Idol, but you won't for President?

That's ridiculous.

People, get out and exercise your right that our fore fathers fought and died for you to do.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

exentix

13 brian, im under the legal age, i plan on voting when i can

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 21, 2008, 02:29:27 PM

What happened to the Kurds is tragic. Ethinic cleansing is a horrible thing, and sure we should contribute and do our part to help the weak, but not for free at 100% taxpayer expense.

There are 305,000,000 Americans, and we spend $10 billion a week fighting for people that don't want us on their turf. That $10 billion per week would pay for health care programs, education, and other under funded programs we need.

~Brian

So how much is life worth?  Until you've look into the eyes of a foriegn child in a combat zone and told them "your not worth my tax money".  thats a hard pill for me to swallow.  Especially since I have been in Combat and have seen the positives of US forces involvment.

We all agree that the war in Iraq is a mess.  However, Our troops are doing a great job and lets not dishonor there sacrifices by telling them their efforts were purposeless.  

I highly doubt that is anyones meaning, just becareful becuase There perspective may not be your own.

:thumbs:

Flynbyu

Quote from: exentix on October 21, 2008, 02:35:18 PM
13 brian, im under the legal age, i plan on voting when i can

Not refering to the underage.

We've got more people here of age to vote than under age.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

exentix

i know, but you said 14 voted no not to vote, i was one of em

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on October 21, 2008, 02:33:18 PM
A little off subject....What really irks me about this thread is there are 14 people that have choose NOT to vote in the poll.

WTF?

To those people, are you not registered? Are you not a citizen? Let me guess, you voted for American Idol, but you won't for President?

That's ridiculous.

People, get out and exercise your right that our fore fathers fought and died for you to do.

~Brian

I think that's a result of our past presidents.  "If I don't vote, it can't be partially my fault if they screw up"

:(

Flynbyu

Quote from: Colorado700R on October 21, 2008, 02:30:19 PM
Quote from: Krandall on October 21, 2008, 02:20:21 PM

Unfortunately your not alone in being baffled by BS on the US or any other countries capablities.  We watch Bourne Supremecy, James Bond, Enemy of the state,etc, and even though we understand it's fiction, we still come away believing our own myth.  

Take for example the CIA's favorite phrase.  "You will never hear about our successes, only our failures"  All though true to a point, it's also a scape goat tactic when failures compile like in Iraq.

The biggest CIA blunder we all know about: Cuba.

Bay of Pigs Invasion, and the attempts at Castro, the tobacco industry, etc. that are all de-classified for us to read now. That will blow you away!

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Dude, you seriously need to read/check out that book I mentioned earlier in this thread Legacy of Ashes, way more shit than the bay of pigs.

You'll really understand why Iran hates us after that  ::)