CCP steering stabilizer holding up?

Started by socalrappy700, September 23, 2008, 11:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUB454

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 23, 2008, 12:37:23 PM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 23, 2008, 12:32:41 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on September 23, 2008, 12:29:23 PM
I love my CCP too, but Knowing how you are about getting the "best", you might as well just order the precision  :grin_nod:

I have problems.    :(

Nah, buying the best probably has saved you money, vice wasting it on products that you would eventually upgrade anyway. 

BTW, I heard Sub454's quad is the best...time for a night mission  :ninja:

:lol:

It's only mission is to kick "powder coater's" RocketFactory bike to the curb this sunday at the drags :grin_nod: Is a matter-o-fact, I've got his bike in my garage right now.....think I'll turn the throttle screw in a ways before he picks it up :thumbs:
DIRECTDRIVE

socalrappy700

Quote from: SUB454 on September 23, 2008, 12:40:27 PM
I love my CCP too, but Knowing how you are about getting the "best", you might as well just order the precision  :grin_nod:

Nah, buying the best probably has saved you money, vice wasting it on products that you would eventually upgrade anyway. 

It's only mission is to kick "powder coater's" RocketFactory bike to the curb this sunday at the drags :grin_nod: Is a matter-o-fact, I've got his bike in my garage right now.....think I'll turn the throttle screw in a ways before he picks it up :thumbs:

I heard Paul was the favored bike to win.   :lol:

JK
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 23, 2008, 12:53:08 PM

JK

"Always bet on black"

Did I just quote Wesley Snipes  :confused:

SUB454

The only way he'll be favored is if I stay home :batman:
DIRECTDRIVE

Colorado700R

Quote from: SUB454 on September 23, 2008, 12:56:40 PM
The only way he'll be favored is if I stay home :batman:

Is there going to be revenge in the form of a flag  ???

socalrappy700

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 23, 2008, 12:54:46 PM

JK

"Always bet on black"

And where did that land him?..........prison.

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Bert

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 23, 2008, 12:34:53 PM
Quote from: SUB454 on September 23, 2008, 12:32:23 PM

I think most people with the CCP love them.....and for the money it's a steal. I had to pay alot for my Precision, but the CCP wasn't on the market yet :'(

You can't go wrong with either 1 :thumbs:

Kenneth from KB is going to do a comparison of my CCP to a Presicion, I'm fairly comfident that the Precision will come out on top due to it being much more adjustable, but I do believe that the CCP will shine for being a very effective product that's 1/2 the price of the "best" on the market
I read a post somewhere & this guy thought the CCP was better since there's only 1 adjustment. With the Precision both settings need to be working in unison not against each other.  ???

I've had my Precision for a year now & played with the settings when I first got it. I don't remember where I set it at, but I do like it  :thumbs:

Bert

Precision adjustment
The only Stabilizer that allows you to adjust the damping
for turning separately from going straights damping
SIDE/CENTER/SIDE

Adjust the center stiffer than the sides or the sides stiffer than the center. Whether you prefer 10% firmer or 50% the range is huge!
  If conditions are slippery or loose: Firm up the center and soften up the sides. This will help you steer into your slide quicker and then the stabilizer will catch the back of the quad as it goes toward center reducing fishtailing. 
  Want more stability when going fast and straight and less resistance when turning? You can easily tune the Precision Stabilizer to your liking

Click on the link to see Precision's pics to go along with the above text
http://www.precision-rp.com/stabilizer.cfm

I don't know what I would expect from a Precision if the settings were incorrect  ???
My settings may be incorrect now  :rofl:  It sure feels better when riding though, definately a noticable differance

Krandall

I forget what I have mine set on, It came with some instructions and gave settings for certain riding conditions, I just kind of went with it.

Kind of like my shocks I recently started playing with...  :lol:  I'll have to start fine tuning.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 23, 2008, 01:03:06 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on September 23, 2008, 12:54:46 PM

JK

"Always bet on black"

And where did that land him?..........prison.

See even Blade has to pay taxes  :rofl:

Bert

I bought a CCP & never installed it, I passed it along to a friend ( that reminds me I haven't been paid yet, maybe they will read this)  I think the CCP is a high quality unit & it does what its designed for, dampening.  Tough to beat the price. Given the chance I would save 240$ & go with a CCP. JMHO

Krandall

The only question I had w/ the CCP which never got answered back in the day was...

I know it's considered a puck style dampner.. But to me... its only classed that way based on its looks. To me, with only 1 way adjusting it seems it'd be more like a stick style stabilizer. 1 way adjustment...  Just my opinion.

Precision - 2 way
Elka 3 - 3 way
Elka 5 - 5 way

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on September 24, 2008, 08:16:36 AM
The only question I had w/ the CCP which never got answered back in the day was...

I know it's considered a puck style dampner.. But to me... its only classed that way based on its looks. To me, with only 1 way adjusting it seems it'd be more like a stick style stabilizer. 1 way adjustment...  Just my opinion.

Precision - 2 way
Elka 3 - 3 way
Elka 5 - 5 way

:poke:

It's a puck becuase it uses a plate/disk to slow the fluid from one chamber to the next (Same as Precision).  A stick style uses a piston design like a shock.

Krandall

arent' they all that way?

the piston style ones.. the adjuster allows or restricts the fluid inside from going through faster or slower. ???

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on September 24, 2008, 08:31:12 AM
arent' they all that way?

the piston style ones.. the adjuster allows or restricts the fluid inside from going through faster or slower. ???

true, it's all fluid dynamics Randy, but the Puck has a larger surface area to resist, wheras the piston still only has the area of the piston head.  The piston must be held at a higher pressure to resist the same force as a puck style.  Thats why the piston style gsaskets and seals wear out faster and require more rebuilding.

Aaron