CCP steering stabilizer holding up?

Started by socalrappy700, September 23, 2008, 11:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

Part of my winter plans is a stabilizer and I just wanted to hear back from some of the CCP owners. I know they have been out for awhile and I wanted to see how they have been holding up compared to the precision.

Side question:
Now that I've gone to a +2 front end arm pump is my biggest problem. Do you think the stabilizer would be the way to go or could a flex bar/anti vibe combo work better?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 23, 2008, 11:42:33 AM
Part of my winter plans is a stabilizer and I just wanted to hear back from some of the CCP owners. I know they have been out for awhile and I wanted to see how they have been holding up compared to the precision.

Side question:
Now that I've gone to a +2 front end arm pump is my biggest problem. Do you think the stabilizer would be the way to go or could a flex bar/anti vibe combo work better?
Obviously all of the above will help, but also what is your handlebar height?  Stock?  Improper height can hurt your arms/back on long rides too

Aaron

socalrappy700

Its stock, but the pain is from arm pump I think.  Its my forearm.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 23, 2008, 11:56:49 AM
Its stock, but the pain is from arm pump I think.  Its my forearm.

You got to be leaned over pretty good for the stock height.  IMO Improper rider to control angles cause allot of extra fatige on the form arms too.

Colorado700R

For what it's worth, I just ordered a 1 1/4 Rox riser from TQS for under 40 bucks.  Not an exeorbent investment to try it out.

Aaron

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 23, 2008, 12:12:55 PM
is that the anti vibe one?

No, I'm not getting much vibe anymore with my Flex inserts and CCP.

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

SUB454

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 23, 2008, 11:42:33 AM

Side question:

Get a steering stabilizer and you won't regret it. You'll have way less arm-pump. Before I turned my bike into a drag bike I ran the Precision, best mod I had and worth every penny. It has great adjustability....you can ride in the nastiest rutted-out crap on the planet and the stabilizer will take every hit....not your arms.
DIRECTDRIVE

Colorado700R

I love my CCP too, but Knowing how you are about getting the "best", you might as well just order the precision  :grin_nod:

SUB454

Quote from: Colorado700R on September 23, 2008, 12:29:23 PM
I love my CCP too, but Knowing how you are about getting the "best", you might as well just order the precision  :grin_nod:

I think most people with the CCP love them.....and for the money it's a steal. I had to pay alot for my Precision, but the CCP wasn't on the market yet :'(

You can't go wrong with either 1 :thumbs:
DIRECTDRIVE

socalrappy700

I have problems.    :(
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: SUB454 on September 23, 2008, 12:32:23 PM

I think most people with the CCP love them.....and for the money it's a steal. I had to pay alot for my Precision, but the CCP wasn't on the market yet :'(

You can't go wrong with either 1 :thumbs:

Kenneth from KB is going to do a comparison of my CCP to a Presicion, I'm fairly comfident that the Precision will come out on top due to it being much more adjustable, but I do believe that the CCP will shine for being a very effective product that's 1/2 the price of the "best" on the market

Colorado700R

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on September 23, 2008, 12:32:41 PM

I have problems.    :(

Nah, buying the best probably has saved you money, vice wasting it on products that you would eventually upgrade anyway. 

BTW, I heard Sub454's quad is the best...time for a night mission  :ninja:

:lol: