College Football Kickoff!

Started by Flynbyu, August 30, 2008, 01:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

I'm sure they'll stick by RR another year but I think he'll be lucky if he has his head let alone his job next year if he has the same type of year.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Agreed.

He won't last long with performances like that.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Watched part of another Iowa game. Sorry Krandall. :( :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

Minnesota started strong this year (7-1)....the finish, not so strong.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Mad Dog

Bob stoops isn't exactly classy when he gets up on points is he?  Quite the BCS whore.  But looking at the stats for this year and last I can see it's par for his course.  Funny how it's a national outrage when Tressell does it, but it's "being a great coach" when Stoops does it.

OK's defense was great, they really seemed to know exactly what was coming.  But I would have to say that as good as the defense was TT's offense was close to if not just as bad.  Seemed like everyone was going at 80% most of the time on the TT side of the ball.  OK was the better team that day no doubt, but that wasn't the TT team I'd seen play the last half of the season.  OK deserves to be in the top 5 and the ok/okst game should be a good one.

Michigan sucked, I thought Rich Rod was a stubborn prick before the weekend, now I just think he's a hack.

Michigan State sucked, they would have made less of an embarrassment of themselves if they'd just took a knee on every play.  Guess it's proof that while we're not the Minnesota of this year we certainly don't belong contending for the B11 championship with PSU and OSU.  I have hopes that we can redeem ourselves with a Bowl win but IMO it's too early to tell who we'll end up playing.

Colorado700R

atleast your team didn't get rectally violated by Syracuse  :mad:

Krandall

Quote from: Peels660 on November 24, 2008, 08:24:43 AM
Watched part of another Iowa game. Sorry Krandall. :( :lol:

It's the story of Minnesota I swear.....  :rolleyes:

we got straight up creamed.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 24, 2008, 09:39:12 AM

My friend was at that game, the fans turned on the team.  It was just ugly.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Mad Dog

Well I see that so often by so many teams I've kind of become numb to it anymore. :rofl:

Besides, in the greatest rape of all time of your team by the land's most useless blob a little poking by syracuse is just another item on the list.

In all honesty I loathe ND, but they deserve a better coach.

Colorado700R

Quote from: Mad Dog on November 24, 2008, 09:46:38 AM

Well I see that so often by so many teams I've kind of become numb to it anymore. :rofl:

Besides, in the greatest rape of all time of your team by the land's most useless blob a little poking by syracuse is just another item on the list.

In all honesty I loathe ND, but they deserve a better coach.

They've done very little with an ass load of talent since he took over, that's for sure.

Flynbyu

I think Bob's pretty classy, but his teams do try to get his point across on the field. He does campaign hard for Oklahoma when they are deserving. Where Tressel and Stoops teams differ, Tressel teams can't hang +40 points on ranked top ranked opponents.

I'm more impressed with Michigan State this year for their performance. Although 2 of their 3 losses came to the only ranked opponents they played, it was a stellar year for them. Much improved from years past. I'm afraid Ringer is done though, he had a less than stellar performance in the season finale. Hard to believe Penn State held him to 42 yards. He still gets an invite to the Heisman Ceremony, as it was well deserved. At least they'll go to a Bowl game and represent the Big Ten proudly!

Michigan was by far the biggest shock of the year in the Big Ten. Normally they are a formidable foe, and loaded with talent. They just fell apart. Seven of their losses where by ten points or less.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Becuase of the the way the big twelve is stacked right now, I think OU had to run up the score on TT to try and get the BCS folks attention.  Once again, you will have these types of things in a system more run off of popularity than skill until a Playoff system is enabled.  And since that will never happen, we get to bitch about for eternity  :lol:

Mad Dog

Nice pic...

Stoops pulls that shit with Baylor, he's just whoring it up for BCS computer poll points.  He's done it all year to every opponent and he's been doing it for a few years now.  Joe Pa and I tend to agree on this, it's not the way you do things.  Yes the big 12 is stacked, but I have to ask, what are the conference's signature wins over other conferences?  I'm genuinely asking, I don't know.  PSU killed the OSU beavers who are atop the Pac 10, that's the best the big 10 can muster up.

Beanie Wells from Ohio State only had 55 against PSU, and he didn't play in sub-freezing temperatures and snow when he did it.  Ringer did the barry sanders thing all year, inconsistent but amazing to watch when he broke through.  I'm ok with his performance this season on the whole, he's still finishing in the top 5 of many rushing categories.  Shonn Greene was clearly the best back in the nation this year, and even Ringer endorsed him last week before the game for Heisman.

Flynbyu

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 24, 2008, 09:57:20 AM
Becuase of the the way the big twelve is stacked right now, I think OU had to run up the score on TT to try and get the BCS folks attention.  Once again, you will have these types of things in a system more run off of popularity than skill until a Playoff system is enabled.  And since that will never happen, we get to bitch about for eternity  :lol:

Agreed.

That's what it's all about. A playoff system is needed in a bad way. The BCS system is a joke.

So how about Notre Dame's ex coach (Tyrone Wilingham) going winless at Washington?

Ouch.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Mad Dog on November 24, 2008, 10:00:25 AM
Nice pic...

Stoops pulls that shit with Baylor, he's just whoring it up for BCS computer poll points.  He's done it all year to every opponent and he's been doing it for a few years now.  Joe Pa and I tend to agree on this, it's not the way you do things.

Beanie Wells from Ohio State only had 55 against PSU, and he didn't play in sub-freezing temperatures and snow when he did it.  Ringer did the barry sanders thing all year, inconsistent but amazing to watch when he broke through.  I'm ok with his performance this season on the whole, he's still finishing in the top 5 of many rushing categories.  Shonn Greene was clearly the best back in the nation this year, and even Ringer endorsed him last week before the game for Heisman.

Ohio State is guilty of that too, but their victories weren't as lopsided.

Baylor wasn't a pushover this year for....Oklahoma only hung 49 on them, and they are unranked. Baylor is much improved and has some talent because kids want to play, not go to a contender and ride the bench. Baylor's quarterback Griffin reminds me of a young Vince Young. If the kid hangs in there, he'll be solid in two years. He's mobile, and can throw the ball well when he's not running for his life.

Ringer has shown he has the ability to play on Sunday. I think he would make a nice addition 3rd down back for the first year or so with any team in the NFL.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum