College Football Kickoff!

Started by Flynbyu, August 30, 2008, 01:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Quote from: Mad Dog on November 24, 2008, 10:00:25 AM
Nice pic...

Stoops pulls that shit with Baylor, he's just whoring it up for BCS computer poll points.  He's done it all year to every opponent and he's been doing it for a few years now.  Joe Pa and I tend to agree on this, it's not the way you do things.  Yes the big 12 is stacked, but I have to ask, what are the conference's signature wins over other conferences?  I'm genuinely asking, I don't know.  PSU killed the OSU beavers who are atop the Pac 10, that's the best the big 10 can muster up.

Beanie Wells from Ohio State only had 55 against PSU, and he didn't play in sub-freezing temperatures and snow when he did it.  Ringer did the barry sanders thing all year, inconsistent but amazing to watch when he broke through.  I'm ok with his performance this season on the whole, he's still finishing in the top 5 of many rushing categories.  Shonn Greene was clearly the best back in the nation this year, and even Ringer endorsed him last week before the game for Heisman.

When is the last time "The best Collage football athelte" won the Heisman?

It's been along time IMO.  Garret Wolfe should of had it a few years back, but wasn't on a Championship cailber team.  If he played for USC, Ohio State, or big SEC team, he would have had a much better chance.

Aaron

Mad Dog

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 24, 2008, 10:09:34 AM
Baylor wasn't a pushover this year for....Oklahoma only hung 49 on them, and they are unranked.

Sorry, but any paragraph that starts with "such and such team was no pushover, all we could manage was a 32 point margin of victory over an unranked opponent" can't possibly be taken seriously.

Last year you whomped them 52 to 21, so it was actually a closer score last year.

Flynbyu

The Heisman is cursed in my opinion. McFadden winning last year was  a good thing, but his career will suck as long as he's with the Raiders.

Tebow is a solid winner. I think he's very capable of playing on Sundays. If Florida runs the table, his stock will be sky high. I'd make the jump to the pros if I was him.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Mad Dog

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 24, 2008, 10:13:40 AM
Quote from: Mad Dog on November 24, 2008, 10:00:25 AM
Nice pic...

Stoops pulls that shit with Baylor, he's just whoring it up for BCS computer poll points.  He's done it all year to every opponent and he's been doing it for a few years now.  Joe Pa and I tend to agree on this, it's not the way you do things.  Yes the big 12 is stacked, but I have to ask, what are the conference's signature wins over other conferences?  I'm genuinely asking, I don't know.  PSU killed the OSU beavers who are atop the Pac 10, that's the best the big 10 can muster up.

Beanie Wells from Ohio State only had 55 against PSU, and he didn't play in sub-freezing temperatures and snow when he did it.  Ringer did the barry sanders thing all year, inconsistent but amazing to watch when he broke through.  I'm ok with his performance this season on the whole, he's still finishing in the top 5 of many rushing categories.  Shonn Greene was clearly the best back in the nation this year, and even Ringer endorsed him last week before the game for Heisman.

When is the last time "The best Collage football athelte" won the Heisman?

It's been along time IMO.  Garret Wolfe should of had it a few years back, but wasn't on a Championship cailber team.  If he played for USC, Ohio State, or big SEC team, he would have had a much better chance.

Aaron

Very true.  Consensus is some big 12 qb will get the honors, while there are some great SEC and Pac10 players too they haven't been many standouts.  Tebow has been great, but not as impressive as last year and not good enough to win a 2nd.  But I think it's important that they pay lip service to Greene, I don't think it's too much to ask.

Colorado700R

Tebow is good......on a great team.  I wonder how he would fair if he had Baylors offensive line, and recievers.  He's a product of team strength, not individual skill like Wolfe was.

Flynbyu

Quote from: Mad Dog on November 24, 2008, 10:14:58 AM
Baylor wasn't a pushover this year for....Oklahoma only hung 49 on them, and they are unranked.

Sorry, but any paragraph that starts with "such and such team was no pushover, all we could manage was a 32 point margin of victory over an unranked opponent" can't possibly be taken seriously.

Last year you whomped them 52 to 21, so it was actually a closer score last year.

Would you agree it's no different than Ohio State beating Illinois, Purdue or Michigan (All three of those conference teams finished under .500)?

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

I don't think the Heisman winner will come out of the Big 12 if Tebow wins out. If Tebow looses against Alabama, his chances are greatly lower. McCoy and Bradford must perform well in the next two games and the quarterback that makes it to the Big 12 Championship must have a strong showing to win the Heisman.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Mad Dog

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 24, 2008, 10:36:09 AM

Would you agree it's no different than Ohio State beating Illinois, Purdue or Michigan (All three of those conference teams finished under .500)?

~Brian

But those teams were pushovers this year.

Flynbyu

Quote from: Mad Dog on November 24, 2008, 10:52:37 AM

~Brian

Supposedly, but Ohio State only blew out one of the three.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

What's going on in Columbus?

Any talk of which bowl the Buckeyes are headed to?

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Mad Dog

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 24, 2008, 11:00:31 AM

~Brian

~Brian

OK...so how does that disprove that Stoops shows no class by running up the points on his opponents, pushovers or not?

OSU blew out one of the 3, OK has racked up huge scores on plenty of bad teams all year.

Flynbyu

Quote from: Mad Dog on November 24, 2008, 11:37:16 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on November 24, 2008, 11:00:31 AM

~Brian

~Brian

OK...so how does that disprove that Stoops shows no class by running up the points on his opponents, pushovers or not?

OSU blew out one of the 3, OK has racked up huge scores on plenty of bad teams all year.

Oklahoma didn't run up the score just on the bad teams......They also ran up the score on the good, nationally ranked teams with winning records too.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

I think if your going to be upset by any team running up any scores this weekend, you need to start with Florida vs Citadel  ::)

ND plays the service acedemys becuase its tradition since ND was a Acedemy (Navy) during WWII.  Why in Zeus' butthole did florida schedule them  ???  I could understand for an early season tune up, but why now?

Aaron

Mad Dog

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 24, 2008, 11:50:58 AM
Oklahoma didn't run up the score just on the bad teams......They also ran up the score on the good, nationally ranked teams with winning records too.

~Brian

Urban Meyer's not immune to it either, but Sam Bradford wasn't taken out of the game until he'd thrown a TD in the 4th quarter making the score 64-14.  There was no reason Bradford needed to be in there at that point in the game.

Meyer on the other hand was letting defensive tackles run the ball in the 3rd quarter, not something you do if you're trying to eek out every last point.

Flynbyu

I would have pulled Bradford in the third to mid third.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum