Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: College Football Kickoff!  (Read 11579 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: College Football Kickoff!
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2008, 10:52:22 PM »
Yes the 2nd string for OK does a great job, even more reason why they should be in more often.

I'm not trying to compare Stoops to others (except Tressel who Brian and I discussed) and I'm not by any means saying that Oklahoma is the only program with huge margins of victory.  Aaron brought up Meyer and Florida in the Citadel game but I explained that he was putting in some players far from the first string (even one not on the roster) which shows Meyer wasn't trying to extract every viable point out of the game.  Citadel isn't anywhere near Florida in terms of talent or ability, just like Washington doesn't compare to Oklahoma.  Large margins of victory aren't a surprise in those games, but the Big 12 perception of a larger margin of victory isn't the same as us fellas in the Midwest, even those running the Spread like Penn State.  Scoring 40 points is huge here, someone scoring 60 is unreal.  Especially when the margin of victory is 5 TD's or so.

The beauty of sports is that there is more than one opinion, that's why there is always debate.  I don't have a problem with someone disagreeing with my assessment, but don't expect that I'll agree with yours either.

Speaking politics, WTF is up with Obama taking a stab at the BCS. Talks of him stepping in to try and "fix it". First word that came to mind was Dictator. What business does a president have in a college football season. Holy $hit. Brian your thoughts please.

4grammer4x4z

Yeah that's a big WTF there. That sounds like stretched story if you ask me. Dude's got a few other "minor" problems to deal with before worrying about college friggin' football. :lol: I think the politics/football topic should be left alone now really. Makes no sense.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2008, 07:25:01 AM »
Obama made a statement as a fan of college football. Just like you and I would make. I think there needs to be a playoff system in college football. I doubt seriously Obama would appoint a congressional hearing to fix college football.

I would like to see a playoff system in college football, much like the NFL's system. Divide it into north, south, east, and west divisions. The only negative is that that would extend the college season to 16-17 games, and I doubt it will ever happen.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2008, 10:20:23 AM »
That is what I figured. stretched the story. :confused:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2008, 12:15:56 PM »
For the most part I prefer the BCS, I hate the idea of a 16 or 8 team playoff.  College season doesn't need to be that long, football already extends too far into the new year as it is.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2008, 12:17:12 PM »
For the most part I prefer the BCS, I hate the idea of a 16 or 8 team playoff.  College season doesn't need to be that long, football already extends too far into the new year as it is.

And baseball doesn't?

:lol:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2008, 12:20:48 PM »
go georgia. :help:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2008, 12:27:59 PM »
go georgia. :help:

Georgia vs. Michigan State is a possibility!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2008, 03:42:31 PM »
go UCLA

go Floriduh

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2008, 05:53:51 PM »
Whats up with the female reporter talking to the winning headcoach on the field at the end of eeeeevery single game?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2008, 07:05:07 PM »
Whats up with the female reporter talking to the winning headcoach on the field at the end of eeeeevery single game?

Female sideline reporters are a staple of college and pro football, they're nice to look at so producers think it'll somehow increase their ratings.

Florida looked good today, VT played a nice game as well.  Big news to see 2 undefeateds going down in championship play; 'bama and ball state.

OK's defense is really mixing it up and the offense came out slow but the last drive looked like they were back in charge.

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2008, 08:51:46 PM »
OSU vs Texas..... Go Ohio!

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2008, 09:28:27 PM »
Big 10 has marquee matchups now with the Pac 10 (Rose), Big 12 (Fiesta) and SEC (Outback) and some lower level games against all three.  If the Big 10 wants to be taken seriously again, this is the opportunity.  I just hope they can rise to the challenge because it's not going to be easy.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2008, 05:49:32 AM »

They better bring their A game. Texas will be pissed, and has a point to prove.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2008, 08:15:42 AM »

They better bring their A game. Texas will be pissed, and has a point to prove.

~Brian

Ohio doesn't really stand a chance, but it would be funny as hell to see Texas get whooped by Ohio though. :D

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: December 10, 2008, 10:02:41 AM »
BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II  

US Ranked 4th

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants, the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hitler said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated
#2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented "
France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines.