Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: College Football Kickoff!  (Read 11595 times)

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
Re: College Football Kickoff!
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2008, 02:12:58 PM »
I'd love to see them on the schedule next year.

~Brian

The Buckeyes are optimistic about the potential of the offense with Pryor at the helm, I don't think they'll be on par offensively with OK but they probably will be the cream of the big 10 offensive crop next year.

I'd rather see OSU win a mid-level bowl game against a worthy opponent first before I'd look forward to a matchup with OK.  I harbor no illusions that any of the Big 10 teams are good enough to beat the Sooners this season, but neither do I believe Stoops has a Nat'l championship wrapped up.  Stoops is 4/9 in OK bowl games, and both he and Tressel (4/7 w/OSU) have lost 2 consecutive NC games.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2008, 02:20:34 PM »
Neither OK or OSU has a great bowl record the past few years.

Any word on which bowl they are headed to?

I'm looking forward to watching 'Bama and Florida this weekend.

~Brian
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 02:22:44 PM by Flynbyu »
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2008, 03:06:38 PM »
I'm guessing OSU at the Fiesta Bowl and Michigan State at the Capital One Bowl.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2008, 03:08:12 PM »
Not bad bowls.

Fiesta would be sweet. Nice weather for a couple of weeks.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2008, 03:14:13 PM »
This weekend is going to be a crazy one for the BCS.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2008, 03:24:20 PM »
Yes it will be.

I'm thinking Ohio State may get the looser of the 'Bama-Florida game.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2008, 03:57:42 PM »
I can see that happening, it looks like MSU is going to end up with Georgia...that could be bad. :'( ;)

Offline LittleBuddha

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2008, 04:00:52 PM »

~Brian
[/quote]

x2

That Iron Bowl was awesome.  Roll Tide.   :thumbs:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2008, 04:03:26 PM »
I can see that happening, it looks like MSU is going to end up with Georgia...that could be bad. :'( ;)

Georgia is a great team, and has SPEED.

Georgia was my preseason pick to take it to the house, but they have looked vulnerable several times this season. Especially against a 5-7 Auburn and 7-5 South Carolina team.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2008, 04:04:31 PM »

~Brian

x2

That Iron Bowl was awesome.  Roll Tide.   :thumbs:

[/quote]

ROOOOOOLL TIDE!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline LittleBuddha

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2008, 04:10:09 PM »
Boing.  I have fond memories of Tuscaloosa.   :thumbs:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #206 on: December 01, 2008, 04:11:09 PM »
Nothing like a southern accent.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #207 on: December 01, 2008, 07:10:24 PM »

Because OSU pulls the starter in games other than 30+ point blowouts and still manages to win those games.  Something Stoops apparently isn't comfortable with.  OSU has pulled the starting QB in 7 of 12 games this year, equal to your claim.

When Stoops puts in 2nd string, they continue to score. You act like even if he pulls 1st string they have some voodoo magic that makes everyone think that 1st string is playing and still scoring. Is there 5 teams that pull their 1st strings as much as Stoops? USC(Wash State 69-0 thats classy right)? Alabama (Wilson stayed in the whole game against Auburn right, where's the "true freshman)? Florida( Citadel 70-19 with Brantley playing, maybe their copying Stoops... and running up the score)? Texas (WTF 49-9 against A&M scoring more in the 2nd half with McCoy in the whole game except 2 downs, give me a break)? Who? I wish for once Stoops would just say f**k it and really run up the score, put up 80-100+ up there. Then you might have a valid complaint.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2008, 08:03:01 PM »
Yes the 2nd string for OK does a great job, even more reason why they should be in more often.

I'm not trying to compare Stoops to others (except Tressel who Brian and I discussed) and I'm not by any means saying that Oklahoma is the only program with huge margins of victory.  Aaron brought up Meyer and Florida in the Citadel game but I explained that he was putting in some players far from the first string (even one not on the roster) which shows Meyer wasn't trying to extract every viable point out of the game.  Citadel isn't anywhere near Florida in terms of talent or ability, just like Washington doesn't compare to Oklahoma.  Large margins of victory aren't a surprise in those games, but the Big 12 perception of a larger margin of victory isn't the same as us fellas in the Midwest, even those running the Spread like Penn State.  Scoring 40 points is huge here, someone scoring 60 is unreal.  Especially when the margin of victory is 5 TD's or so.

The beauty of sports is that there is more than one opinion, that's why there is always debate.  I don't have a problem with someone disagreeing with my assessment, but don't expect that I'll agree with yours either.

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2008, 08:48:16 PM »
Yes the 2nd string for OK does a great job, even more reason why they should be in more often.

I'm not trying to compare Stoops to others (except Tressel who Brian and I discussed) and I'm not by any means saying that Oklahoma is the only program with huge margins of victory.  Aaron brought up Meyer and Florida in the Citadel game but I explained that he was putting in some players far from the first string (even one not on the roster) which shows Meyer wasn't trying to extract every viable point out of the game.  Citadel isn't anywhere near Florida in terms of talent or ability, just like Washington doesn't compare to Oklahoma.  Large margins of victory aren't a surprise in those games, but the Big 12 perception of a larger margin of victory isn't the same as us fellas in the Midwest, even those running the Spread like Penn State.  Scoring 40 points is huge here, someone scoring 60 is unreal.  Especially when the margin of victory is 5 TD's or so.

The beauty of sports is that there is more than one opinion, that's why there is always debate.  I don't have a problem with someone disagreeing with my assessment, but don't expect that I'll agree with yours either.

Speaking politics, WTF is up with Obama taking a stab at the BCS. Talks of him stepping in to try and "fix it". First word that came to mind was Dictator. What business does a president have in a college football season. Holy $hit. Brian your thoughts please.

4grammer4x4z

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar