Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: College Football Kickoff!  (Read 11610 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: College Football Kickoff!
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2008, 10:10:12 AM »
good thing I'm not a football coach, I'd run the scores up and be like.. "BOOOOOOOOM SUCKAS!!!!"

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2008, 10:16:42 AM »
good thing I'm not a football coach, I'd run the scores up and be like.. "BOOOOOOOOM SUCKAS!!!!"

+1

I used to coach jr high soccer. Every game we would do that. F**K being sweet and nice. It is a contest!
I would send them out and have them try to get certain types of goals. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2008, 10:34:51 AM »
So OSU is less efficient and less flashy in their scoring but have still managed to replace their starting QB before the end of the game as many times as Oklahoma, who has routinely decimated their opponents well before the 4th quarter.  Combine that with the margins of victory in the game and Stoops' comments about the BCS and that's why he deserves more flak than Tressell on the subject.

How could the starting quarterback of Ohio State been pulled more than OU's Bradford if Ohio State only had four blowouts?

???

Last time I checked, 7 was a larger number than 4.

OSU has a share of the Big 10 championship this year because of their record which is equal in the conference with Penn State.  The tie breaker structure for BCS bowls does not apply to conference championships.

Share a championship?

Does Ohio State get one of these to carry off the field too?

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2008, 10:44:51 AM »
So OSU is less efficient and less flashy in their scoring but have still managed to replace their starting QB before the end of the game as many times as Oklahoma, who has routinely decimated their opponents well before the 4th quarter.  Combine that with the margins of victory in the game and Stoops' comments about the BCS and that's why he deserves more flak than Tressell on the subject.

How could the starting quarterback of Ohio State been pulled more than OU's Bradford if Ohio State only had four blowouts?

???

Because OSU pulls the starter in games other than 30+ point blowouts and still manages to win those games.  Something Stoops apparently isn't comfortable with.  OSU has pulled the starting QB in 7 of 12 games this year, equal to your claim.

OSU has a share of the Big 10 championship this year because of their record which is equal in the conference with Penn State.  The tie breaker structure for BCS bowls does not apply to conference championships.

Share a championship?

~Brian

Yep, they do.  It's the way the Big 10 has always done it and it's not going to change.  Those of us here don't like it but it is what it is.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2008, 10:49:02 AM »

???

Because OSU pulls the starter in games other than 30+ point blowouts and still manages to win those games.  Something Stoops apparently isn't comfortable with.  OSU has pulled the starting QB in 7 of 12 games this year, equal to your claim.

Share a championship?

~Brian

Yep, they do.  It's the way the Big 10 has always done it and it's not going to change.  Those of us here don't like it but it is what it is.

7 of 12 games?

I only counted 4.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2008, 10:56:11 AM »
7 of 12 games?

I only counted 4.

~Brian

You only counted the blowouts, I counted the number of games this season that Tressell has put in a backup quarter back, 7 of 12 games.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2008, 11:00:30 AM »
7 of 12 games?

I only counted 4.

~Brian

You only counted the blowouts, I counted the number of games this season that Tressell has put in a backup quarter back, 7 of 12 games.

Maybe Tressell should have left them in, but I guess he's happy with mediocity.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2008, 11:05:43 AM »
7 of 12 games?

I only counted 4.

~Brian

~Brian

A win is a win, you and Stoops seem to be the ones that aren't happy unless it's by a 35 point margin.

The USC loss they let the backup in because it was a lost cause.  They left Pryor in the Penn State game and he arguably gave the game away with a fumble.

10-2 isn't mediocrity.  Not great, but not mediocrity.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2008, 11:18:48 AM »
7 of 12 games?

I only counted 4.

~Brian

~Brian

A win is a win, you and Stoops seem to be the ones that aren't happy unless it's by a 35 point margin.

The USC loss they let the backup in because it was a lost cause.  They left Pryor in the Penn State game and he arguably gave the game away with a fumble.

10-2 isn't mediocrity.  Not great, but not mediocrity.

10-2 isn't mediocre, but being able to out points on the board is.

Margin of victory wins games. You put the game away early, and the team gives up. It's up to the coach to motivate the team. The team moves at the speed of their leader.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2008, 11:34:17 AM »
Yes I will certainly agree that big leads are disheartening, but I have to believe that a 35-7 lead does pretty much the same job that a 49-7 lead does in the 4th quarter.

Oklahoma scores an amazing number of points week after week, but if you're giving up 35 points to Kansas State maybe a 3 TD lead isn't enough for them.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2008, 11:35:15 AM »
Flynbyu and MadDog...are you two sure you are not married? What a couple of Arguing mutherf**kers you are! :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2008, 11:50:06 AM »
We aren't arguing.

We're having a civilized discussion.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2008, 12:10:06 PM »
We aren't arguing.

~Brian

Gotcha :thumbs:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2008, 12:14:05 PM »
We aren't arguing.

~Brian

Take the 20 penny nails out of that Brutus voodoo doll, and I'll believe you  :lol:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2008, 12:14:58 PM »
I'd love to see them on the schedule next year.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum