Albany Oregon *Powdercoater With His Wheelie Bar*

Started by digitalhearing, August 26, 2008, 12:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exentix

just out of curiosity how much time do you think a wheelie bar would take off a 300' dirt drag? devans getting one made along with some struts, i think he ran a 5.1 last time  ??? not srue tho

SUB454

Quote from: exentix on August 29, 2008, 09:04:22 PM
just out of curiosity how much time do you think a wheelie bar would take off a 300' dirt drag? devans getting one made along with some struts, i think he ran a 5.1 last time  ??? not srue tho

That's a tuff question. IMO, Pauls RocketFactory build and My Kenz build should be in the 4.5-4.6 range when we get them dialed in.....I hope :lol:
DIRECTDRIVE

jwraptor

A local guy here has a 3 mod raptor and it runs 5.4 w/no bar in 300ft.  Someday soon I'll get mine to the track and maybe I can have more info for you. 

digitalhearing

I have heard what a big stroker motor costs, and thats a lot of money to spend to cut less than a second off of your time guys  :lol:

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

jwraptor

Ive heard about those motor prices as well and ther are cheap compared to all the light weight parts you need as well especially if its titanium.  :lol:

digitalhearing

This Forum Rocks !

maxx

Hey guys
I think Paul would have done just as good times without the bar,in fact the bar might have worked against him a little,jmo
If he would have had time to make adjustments then maybe,but theres alot ot trial and error involved.
I believe after 3 races he will be closer to getting a bar to work correctly for him.
Bring a Gun to a Gun fight.

SUB454

Quote from: maxx on August 30, 2008, 02:42:17 PM
Hey guys
I think Paul would have done just as good times without the bar,in fact the bar might have worked against him a little,jmo
If he would have had time to make adjustments then maybe,but theres alot ot trial and error involved.
I believe after 3 races he will be closer to getting a bar to work correctly for him.

Yup, we had no idea what to expect. We'll get the gearing,tire and swing-arm length thing down....then you'll see some video of these 700's launching on the wheelie bar :thumbs:
DIRECTDRIVE

jwraptor

What gearing was he running psi in his rear tires, and what type of suspension is he running?  The last video looked to be his best launch!

jwraptor

maxx

Mike tell Paul to get that sukka working as good as he can, I will try to be there on the 28th and watch him get another #1 trophy.
;)

SUB454

Quote from: maxx on August 30, 2008, 04:35:57 PM
Mike tell Paul to get that sukka working as good as he can, I will try to be there on the 28th and watch him get another #1 trophy.
;)

"Powder Puff" will no longer be taking trophy's home on race day when I'm there... :box:
DIRECTDRIVE

maxx

That definitely makes me laugh,  :lol: I believe competition is great fun.
I don't think my raptor will be ready, a broken gear so I will probably be there as a spectator on the 28th.
I don't think I can make the next one your going to run but I wish you luck anyway. :thumbs:

RaptorR

Quote from: digitalhearing on August 26, 2008, 12:32:47 PM
Congratulations Paul (Powdercoater) on a fantastic first time out to the Albany drag races.  Your Raptor got faster as the day went on, I can't wait to get mine out there to see what it will do  :)  I'll try to post some video later

Grant

Bikes looking good Paul, are you going to change anything about your wheelie bar?? I think you should fill Subs wheelie bar with Lead or use solid stock  :rofl:

powder coater

This bar Wes a prototype. I didn't get to use it much but I think I will lighten it up with the Chromolly. My set up was way off. I will run it again in a couple weeks with a shorter swinger possibly. I had 15/38 gearing 14 paddle extremes and struts all the way around.  Mikes bar will be all Chromoly and as thin as I can make it with out bending.  My Prediction is Mike will run 4.6-4.7 with the set up he has. Typically Kenz motors are not as fas as the RF builds but he will use my experience to his advantage. I have heard Mike and Grant have been studying my tapes late at night. At least I think that's what they were doing.
Jason for Presedent !