GUNS!!!!! Post pics of your guns

Started by dungbeetle06, May 12, 2008, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Quote from: Peels660 on December 14, 2008, 12:55:27 PM
Quote from: Krandall on December 14, 2008, 12:13:39 PM
whats w/ the weird scissor trigger thing? ???

safety?

How does that work? Do you flip it forward (towards the front of the gun?)

I was hoping it'd be like a laser thing. you pull the first trigger back a bit to activate the laser beam, and then the full pull for the shot.  :grin_nod:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on December 16, 2008, 08:35:14 AM
Quote from: Peels660 on December 14, 2008, 12:55:27 PM
Quote from: Krandall on December 14, 2008, 12:13:39 PM
whats w/ the weird scissor trigger thing? ???

safety?

How does that work? Do you flip it forward (towards the front of the gun?)

I was hoping it'd be like a laser thing. you pull the first trigger back a bit to activate the laser beam, and then the full pull for the shot.  :grin_nod:

It's a double trigger, you have to depress both to fire the weapon.  it's designed for combat/police so you don't accidentally mis-fire reaching for your weapon quickly.  There is no traditional saftey

Krandall

Gotcha. What's wrong w/ conventional safety? The little button guy?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on December 16, 2008, 09:09:10 AM
Gotcha. What's wrong w/ conventional safety? The little button guy?

quicker to be on target and ready to fire.  For the military, if you need to draw your pistol......the shit has already hit the fan.

Colorado700R

wish the US military would upgrade.  those damn Berretas are POS

Krandall

Makes sense.
:thumbs:

Just doesn't seem like much of a safety.. if you just still pull the trigger back ???  But It make sense for action/combat situations.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Colorado700R

not really.  a traditional saftey locks the trigger so you can't fire when you don't want to.  Same concept, better application.

fireman5166

the xd has 2. the trigger scissor and a palm safety. both have to be engaged to fire. I have the xd 45 and love it. I shoot idpa and its a little safer I think with both safety.  
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

realdeal

i hate the external traditional safteys.. I dont want to have to draw on someone in a life or death situtaion and cant remember if the thing is on safety or not. I want to use the internal safteys and sqeeze the trigger. BAM
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

FORMERLY KNOWN AS RAP7HUNDRED

Krandall

how often would you need the safety off in a life or death situation, I'd bet in a real world NON combat scenario.... Just flashing a gun would be enough for someone to run.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

russ-russ

Quote from: Krandall on December 16, 2008, 02:02:05 PM
how often would you need the safety off in a life or death situation, I'd bet in a real world NON combat scenario.... Just flashing a gun would be enough for someone to run.
If you have to draw, you better have already made the decision that someone is going to die.  You never draw without intending to fire, nor do you think to just "wound" someone, that's just movie/TV bullshit.  Besides, if you just pull it as a threat, you can be charged with a crime yourself, but if you shoot, dead men tell no tales.

fireman5166

Quote from: russ on December 16, 2008, 06:10:24 PM
If you have to draw, you better have already made the decision that someone is going to die.  You never draw without intending to fire, nor do you think to just "wound" someone, that's just movie/TV bullshit.  Besides, if you just pull it as a threat, you can be charged with a crime yourself, but if you shoot, dead men tell no tales.

thats the truth. If you see the business end of my 45 you better pray you get off a round before I do.  :thumbs:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

Krandall

Cops don't pull their gun and just shoot.. I don't think I could make a split second decision that someone is going to die.

Just me personally I guess.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Flynbyu

I'm not a big gun fanatic.

I own two, a .410 I got when I was 12, and a sawed off 12 gauge that stays under the bed. The .410 hasn't been fired in 15 years, and I hope I never have to fire the 12 gauge.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on December 17, 2008, 08:20:35 AM

Cops don't pull their gun and just shoot.. I don't think I could make a split second decision that someone is going to die.

Just me personally I guess.

no one does till they have to, and then its automatic.  Especially if you have been trained, people become targets not living entitys.  It sounds cruel, but a nessasary evil for those forced to act.

Aaron