Started by dungbeetle06, May 12, 2008, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monster757

Springfield XD .45 :) My favorite gun.

Oh boy do i have a list..

3 Single shot .22's
1 Lever action .22
1 Pump action .22
1 S&W .22 with the easiest trigger pull ever!
3 Single shot 12 gauges
1 Over-Under 12 gauge
1 Side-by-side 20 gauge
2 Single shot 20 gauges
1 Springfield .45 XD
1 Springfield .40 (Yuck)
1 S&W .500 Mag
1 S&W .44 mag
1 S&W .357 mag
1 Pump .280
1 TC with 7mm-08, 30-06, .308 and .270 barrel
1 .300 weatherby
1 lever action 30-30
1 30-06
2 Muzzle loaders
Thats all i can think of as of now...

russ-russ

Quote from: dgreenbluet on December 10, 2008, 04:41:10 PM
since we got some pretty savy gun people on here im gonna ask ya'll a question

i dont own any guns but i want to buy a handgun thats compact, reliable, and is a 45cal or around there.  i dont know anything about the gun market but i can shot and tear down a weapon.  so what would you recommend...as of right now i was lookn at the glock 45cal
Sounds like you're looking for a concealed carry weapon.  If so, the XD probably isn't what you're after.  What is the intended use and what is your price range?

Peelz

Quote from: russ on December 10, 2008, 06:10:37 PM

i dont own any guns but i want to buy a handgun thats compact, reliable, and is a 45cal or around there.  i dont know anything about the gun market but i can shot and tear down a weapon.  so what would you recommend...as of right now i was lookn at the glock 45cal
Sounds like you're looking for a concealed carry weapon.  If so, the XD probably isn't what you're after.  What is the intended use and what is your price range?

Like.....Do you want to rob liquor stores...or just keep for defense?   :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

dgreenbluet

Quote from: Peels660 on December 10, 2008, 06:14:59 PM

primary use is for knockn off local joints...nah im just kidding it'll be used for just protection, so yeah somin i can conceal  thanks
08 Rapester/734cc 105.5mm Bore/11:1 JE Piston/Big Bore Barkers/FCI wBox/Dynateck Prog. Ign./PCIII/15T Sprocket/Trail Tech Vapor wDash Mount/Moose Nerf, Heel Guards, Race Pegs/Full Skids/Bling Star Victory Bumper/Six Pack Rack

double06

Quote from: dgreenbluet on December 11, 2008, 05:12:03 PM
Quote from: Peels660 on December 10, 2008, 06:14:59 PM

primary use is for knockn off local joints...nah im just kidding it'll be used for just protection, so yeah somin i can conceal  thanks

I'm a glock cheerleader so here it goes.  :clap:    If you are dead set on .45 FOR CONCEALED CARRY, I'd look at the model 30 or 36.  Both have their pluses and minuses.  The 30 is the subcompact model but is kinda wide but it can hold 10+1(the +1 is the one in the chamber) rounds.  It can do this because its width allows it to have a double stack magazine.  The model 36 is the slimline and as the name says is a lot slimmer which goes well with concealed carry, the only drawback being that it holds only 6 + 1 rounds because it uses a single stack mag.  I'm debating myself about getting the 36 for Xmas.  If you aren't dead set on .45, I'd go with the model 23 in .40 cal.  That round is alot more effective than 9mm and just about as effective as .45.  Somebody would definitley know if they were hit by one.  The model 23 is the compact version and can carry 13 + 1 rounds.  Just a few points for you to marinate on.  :thumbs:

I got a '06 with some KDS Racing bells and whistles  :grin_nod:

realdeal

CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

FORMERLY KNOWN AS RAP7HUNDRED

fireman5166

07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

11Raptor

Only 2 I got at the house right now.

Mossberg 500 pump
Springfield XD Compact 9mm

-2K7 Raptor700 SE2
-Houser +3/4 Blue Steering Stem
-Pro Taper Black SE bars
-ProArmor Kill Switch w/wrist teather
-ProArmor Skid Plates
-ProArmor FAT Peg Black Nerf's
-ITP Holeshot XCR's on ITP SS112's machined w/black
-Yoshi RS-2 Full Titanium Exhaust
-Quadbox FI Power Box
-2K5 2500 Dodge Cummins 4x4 QC w/35's
-EDGE w/Att.

Krandall

whats w/ the weird scissor trigger thing? ???

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

russ-russ

Quote from: Peels660 on December 14, 2008, 12:55:27 PM
Quote from: Krandall on December 14, 2008, 12:13:39 PM
whats w/ the weird scissor trigger thing? ???

safety?
safety.  one of two, also uses the 1911 style grip safety.

Peelz

russ-russ

double06

Quote from: realdeal on December 13, 2008, 02:02:22 PM
look what i just bought..
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964002

Great deal!  If you get strapped for cash, I'll take it off your hands!   Oh, and make sure you wear eye pro when you fire it or you may get crud in your eyes! 
I got a '06 with some KDS Racing bells and whistles  :grin_nod:

monster757