Blown up

Started by air, August 12, 2008, 06:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

air

After a quick trip to KBR to pick up a new head gasket and to the machine shop for some machine work, it finally runs. :clap: :clap:
Rusty

1FST690

Right on, let us know how it runs!!
04 686 Duner
02 NMR 650+ modified "High Mainenance"
02 Scrambler 500
02 Sportsman 500HO ( For Sale )

TrxOutlawz

Quote from: air on August 25, 2008, 10:05:29 PM
After a quick trip to KBR to pick up a new head gasket and to the machine shop for some machine work, it finally runs. :clap: :clap:
Ok,  now we need a test and tune day at the dunes.............. :clap:
Chuck
'08 700R SE

air

Quote from: TrxOutlawz on August 25, 2008, 10:19:33 PM
Quote from: air on August 25, 2008, 10:05:29 PM
Ok,  now we need a test and tune day at the dunes.............. :clap:
:thumbs: :thumbs:
Rusty

trixxer

I am in for the test and tune, I think!!! :clap:

TrxOutlawz

Quote from: trixxer on August 26, 2008, 08:05:45 AM

Little Sahara,   Sunday  31st ???
Chuck
'08 700R SE

trixxer

Quote from: TrxOutlawz on August 26, 2008, 12:05:58 PM
Quote from: trixxer on August 26, 2008, 08:05:45 AM

Little Sahara,   Sunday  31st ???

Got my kitchen pass, I am good to go for this Sunday!!! :thumbs: :grin_nod:

Mad Dog

I had some seating problems with my ferreas but I suspect the work not the part.  Never used kibblewhite valves, broke half of my springs but they lasted a couple years.

Coming late to the thread I know but sorry to hear about your troubles Air.

air

Looking at the "extra" parts in my engine I  would bet that I had a  :mad: circlip fail.
It looks like one circlip broke and the pin moved to one side and then broke the piston.
I do know that the wiseco circlips were a lot easier to install than their CP counterparts.
Those were a sob to get in.
:mad: 50 cent item cost me a few hundred.
Rusty

preddy08

Quote from: air on August 26, 2008, 05:43:03 PM
Looking at the "extra" parts in my engine I  would bet that I had a  :mad: circlip fail.
It looks like one circlip broke and the pin moved to one side and then broke the piston.
I do know that the wiseco circlips were a lot easier to install than their CP counterparts.
Those were a sob to get in.
:mad: 50 cent item cost me a few hundred.

CP circlips are stiff MOFOs!!! Not fun, but worth it in the end. Nicholas cycles circlips for there custom predator pistons are about half again thicker then the standard CP circlip. Imagine how fun those are.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

digitalhearing

I'm curious why putting all of the effort and expense into a +5 crank ?  I would think adding a +8 that has been proven to be very dependable, would be like "free horsepower". 

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

preddy08

Quote from: digitalhearing on August 27, 2008, 03:18:50 PM
I'm curious why putting all of the effort and expense into a +5 crank ?  I would think adding a +8 that has been proven to be very dependable, would be like "free horsepower". 

Grant

Its the cost that I think is holding him back. That and they back to back dyno runs that KBR has done is just a nail in the coffin.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

air

Cost and availability was a factor as this was an unplanned upgrade.  KBR is getting good numbers out of this crank. and for less than 350 for a 5 mil is more cost effective than 700 for a 8 mil.
Rusty

digitalhearing

That is definately a substantial savings of $350 bucks.  Now it makes sence.   Let us know how it runs  :grin_nod:

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

air

As soon as the FCI intake is here and installed it is going to KBR for some tuning. 
I am going out to Little Sahara on Sunday for a day trip.

Rusty