trip to Little Sahara, OK April 3-5 2009. (update in first post 8-11-08)

Started by Warren, July 30, 2008, 05:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racinjason68

I will be there halloween night...  Late.   My buddy is getting a spot and we are drag'n the camper and stuff...    We should have several nice quads and Pleasuresburban's brother is bringing his nice new lifted chevy out to play with.  We are gonna talk him into a quad.   

Better to take your own fire wood but if not the guy in the blazer is best to deal with most times.   Just get your wood and go back to doing your thing.  LOL  Unless you want horror stories.  Everytime I have been there has been a ambulance or heli.   Be safe and wear a helmet.      Oh and most times I would say drinking has added to injuries....
Gonna be stupid you better be tuff.  

Got duals ?

Peelz

Quote from: racinjason68 on October 19, 2008, 09:40:22 AM
I will be there halloween night...  Late.   My buddy is getting a spot and we are drag'n the camper and stuff...    We should have several nice quads and Pleasuresburban's brother is bringing his nice new lifted chevy out to play with.  We are gonna talk him into a quad.   

Better to take your own fire wood but if not the guy in the blazer is best to deal with most times.   Just get your wood and go back to doing your thing.  LOL  Unless you want horror stories.  Everytime I have been there has been a ambulance or heli.   Be safe and wear a helmet.      Oh and most times I would say drinking has added to injuries....

blazer guy is 20 bucks for enough firewood for 3 days, but his stories are a bonus. :lol: you gonna try to go in April?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

racinjason68

Got duals ?

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Gunz

I camped at the north camp once. It was way more quiet aaaaand boring. I usually get lucky some how and get a site right next to the entrance at the south gate. Im going this friday nite and staying till sunday. I cant wait to meet everyone in April, Im definitly in. That SE2 you saw was me, Im pretty sure of it. I didnt see any others out there. I think the most se2's Ive seen out there in a weekend was 3 including me and that was Sandfest weekend. You know the Snake Run is the last weekend in March or the 1st weekend in April. Did anybody consider that when setting up the date to go?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Peelz

yep, big festival is the 15th. Wanna stay away from that......

You know, i thought that was you later, after I saw it (just sitting, no rider). Friday night I believe. I even remember looking for a quad with green tires :lol:   Really though, it was just when I got done putting her back together after my two day repair session..
an was thinking about not much else besides riding.

Just a note: We stayed for 4 days...never paid a dime for camping...and I only paid dunes fee once. Dunes were open, but gate was unmanned until Friday morning. :thumbs: pretty laid back down there....

Gunz

Quote from: Peels660 on October 20, 2008, 01:41:27 AM
yep, big festival is the 15th. Wanna stay away from that......

You know, i thought that was you later, after I saw it (just sitting, no rider). Friday night I believe. I even remember looking for a quad with green tires :lol:   Really though, it was just when I got done putting her back together after my two day repair session..
an was thinking about not much else besides riding.

Just a note: We stayed for 4 days...never paid a dime for camping...and I only paid dunes fee once. Dunes were open, but gate was unmanned until Friday morning. :thumbs: pretty laid back down there....

Yeah, paying seems to be an option. They try, but they're not gonna wait around for ya. My KFX has paddles on it so you'll never see the green tires. Hell you know what, I guess I could start chaining up set of them out front that way everyone will know its me. Hmmm

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Warren

so what's the weather like in OK in early april. i hope it's not cold as hell.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

racinjason68

Got duals ?

Gunz

Here ya go. I froze my ass off last April. We were there for a few days and had snow, rain, and hail. 30's at nite, 40's and 50's during day.

http://weather.msn.com/daily_averages.aspx?wealocations=wc:USOK0400&weai=4

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Texas700

Just a thought on the before Snakehunt idea. When we go up for snake hunt we go up 3 weeks in advance to pay for our campsites. So alot of sites could already be taken. This last year at the end of March and the first of April was fairly chilly. upper 30's. Year before last was alot of rain and snow. Cold as shit. The later in April you go would probably be better. WE went in October and Careflight landed at 9:00 pm and again at 12:45 am. Night riding is fun as hell but is when most of the worst accidnets happen.
2006 Raptor 734 12:5to1 piston, hot cam stage III, RF port work, ARP head studs, Kenny +2 TB Bore, I Shock +2 a arms, TCS zero preload shocks, Fasst Flex bars, OMF beadlocks, kenda klaw xcr tires, DR D reverse lever, one industry graphics, Rock nerf bars. FCI Intake, dynatek ignition.

racinjason68

Yeah the night rides people get to drinking and also forget the dune peaks.   We ride in our groups and stay away from others.

Got duals ?

Gunz

Quote from: Texas700 on November 13, 2008, 08:00:01 PM
Just a thought on the before Snakehunt idea. When we go up for snake hunt we go up 3 weeks in advance to pay for our campsites.

Good point. I went 3 weeks before snake run this year and south camp was all paid for. North camp only had maybe half a dozen sites left. I have a friend that pays for 5-6 sites in a row, a month in advance. ::)

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar