trip to Little Sahara, OK April 3-5 2009. (update in first post 8-11-08)

Started by Warren, July 30, 2008, 05:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peelz

Quote from: warren on September 26, 2008, 07:38:27 PM
ok i got it now. so what days you plan on riding peels and whoever else goes? i'm planning on getting there around mid to late afternoon on the 1st and then riding the 2nd through the 4th and probably go home on the 5th.

sweet sig pic krandall. lol.

I will probably ride 2nd thru 5th.  But probably camp. Did you look up trails to an from town?  One of the rental houses you can ride in and out 24/7. Others only in the day. So that would be nice to only have to load up after dark.  Seriously, you have to come out and ride at night one time. Lookin' forward to it. I told my wife that all i want for Xmas is cash for this trip. :lol:
:thumbs:

Haha on the sig Krandall. I was thinkin just the other day, you have had the same sig for over a year....
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Warren

yeah some of the day time only trials lead right in front of the rental houses.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Peelz

I am making some arrangements to make this trip happen! Might bring my brother and his rancher(with the yamaha throttle) along :thumbs:

this will make you want to go

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Sand84

2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

darkside94

The grammatically challenged's punching bag.

Peelz

Quote from: darkside94 on October 05, 2008, 04:59:51 PM
Quote from: Sand84 on October 03, 2008, 09:28:21 PM
Hmm That WOULD be fun if darkside had a quad!!!!!!! :grin_nod:
Corrected

well done dark, good call  :lol:

don't think I ever changed a pre-changed quote before :lol:

darkside94

I hate you
if i ever become president the first bill i pass is going to be to murder all meth heads and all ex-meth heads
The grammatically challenged's punching bag.

NaturalRaptor

I have heard about some pretty rooming cabins. Sleeps alot of people, as what I was told.
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Gunz

Sweat Jesus, I cant believe u guys can wait till April. I went last weekend and cried like a baby when I left. :'( :'(  So much that Im going back this weekend. I remember talking about going "one of these days" for several years. I went last October and have been hooked ever since. Its 125 miles from me and I wont hesitate to piss the o'lady off and drive out there to ride. Last weekend It took 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back just to ride 3 hours. (I had plans I couldn't break)

If you guys have questions about Lil Sahara, just hollar. Camping is the way to go. They have water, electric, and grills at the campsites. $18/day for sites. $7/day to ride. Nite time riding is the ssssssssssssssssssssssssshit. No trails back into town unless you like to gamble with the law. No drinking (alcohol) on the dunes, unless you like big tickets. 2 speed shops with extremely reasonable prices. On site dyno. South camp has an outside burger grill, you can roll right up to it on ur bike, cheap too. You can rent paddles for $50/day or buy a set w/wheels for $199 and up. Gas pump u can ride up to at both North and South camps. North camp has a convenience store with hot lame deli. Also there is a restaurant at the end of North camp that is always way packed in the mornin's, but I hear its good. (I rather cook something up on the grill and get my ass back to the dunes). Emergency room is 28 miles north of the dunes (ask me how I know). If you get seriously hurt, its a helicoptor ride for you. No double riding. Helmets not required, but if your not wearing one then you're  stupid already and you don't need one. No wheelies outside the dunes (again ask me how I know) Need at least an 8' whip, they sell em there for $15 or $25 w/lifetime free replacement on broken poles. They have quarter showers and they are nice considering its a state park. There is several guys that drive around and sale firewood for $25, its enough wood to last a pyro 2 nites. (buy from the old man in the red s10 blazer)

Oh one more thing.... CAN I GO TOO... :P

Warren, I know of a good way to pay for your gas to there and back. >:D

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

racinjason68

Yup takes me right at 2 hours to get there.... I am going over oct 31st night or early nov 1st....

We planned to go more this year but things come up with deaths in family, 3 in 6mo's.  so slowed things a bit.  but it give me more time to add some ponies.

I have about 6-8 or more planning to go when I go next.
Gonna be stupid you better be tuff.  

Got duals ?

Warren

OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

NaturalRaptor

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on October 08, 2008, 06:57:02 PM

I need to know about this too! My drive is no short trip.   ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Total Estimated Time: 9 hours 47 minutes  Total Estimated Distance: 579.16 miles
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Warren

OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Peelz

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on October 08, 2008, 06:57:02 PM
Sweat Jesus, I cant believe u guys can wait till April. I went last weekend and cried like a baby when I left. :'( :'(  So much that Im going back this weekend. I remember talking about going "one of these days" for several years. I went last October and have been hooked ever since. Its 125 miles from me and I wont hesitate to piss the o'lady off and drive out there to ride. Last weekend It took 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back just to ride 3 hours. (I had plans I couldn't break)

If you guys have questions about Lil Sahara, just hollar. Camping is the way to go. They have water, electric, and grills at the campsites. $18/day for sites. $7/day to ride. Nite time riding is the ssssssssssssssssssssssssshit. No trails back into town unless you like to gamble with the law. No drinking (alcohol) on the dunes, unless you like big tickets. 2 speed shops with extremely reasonable prices. On site dyno. South camp has an outside burger grill, you can roll right up to it on ur bike, cheap too. You can rent paddles for $50/day or buy a set w/wheels for $199 and up. Gas pump u can ride up to at both North and South camps. North camp has a convenience store with hot lame deli. Also there is a restaurant at the end of North camp that is always way packed in the mornin's, but I hear its good. (I rather cook something up on the grill and get my ass back to the dunes). Emergency room is 28 miles north of the dunes (ask me how I know). If you get seriously hurt, its a helicoptor ride for you. No double riding. Helmets not required, but if your not wearing one then you're  stupid already and you don't need one. No wheelies outside the dunes (again ask me how I know) Need at least an 8' whip, they sell em there for $15 or $25 w/lifetime free replacement on broken poles. They have quarter showers and they are nice considering its a state park. There is several guys that drive around and sale firewood for $25, its enough wood to last a pyro 2 nites. (buy from the old man in the red s10 blazer)

Oh one more thing.... CAN I GO TOO... :P

holy crap, did I log on as you and post this on your behalf? WTF!!!! who are you Ms. f**kin Cleo? I absolutely agree with everything in there. Especially the "you can wait til april?" line, and the "night riding is the shiiiit" line. I love it!  Did you see my pics from my trip? Quad vid pics section.

We were so tired last week after my ordeal and 4 days of riding that we were ready to go home. But...after a good nights sleep with no dip$hit kids next to us revving their 80cc dirtbike at 3:30 am, we were ready to go back.

Question: Do you camp at North Camp? We are always in the south camp in the primitive sites with no power, and it is still a blast!

Also, you can ride into town, we did it for the first time. Just gotta stop at the end of the trail after dark. Not go all the way into town.

Yeah we bought wood from the dude in the Blazer. All he had was bad news though. He was telling us exactly how many people have died out there and the details of each crash...before we got out to ride. :lol:

But...he is right it can be dangerous. Make sure you have your head screwed on straight when you are there, and WEAR YOUR HELMET!

10 hrs for me. :(

My "little" brother (6'6" 300+ lbs)   :lol: has asked me to take him to the rally. He wants to see the dunes. But...he rides the Honda Rancher you may remember me stealing the throttle off of. :lol: He knows it will be waaay slow and I will get frustrated, but has offered to take a bunch of pictures for us.  :thumbs: I am leaning on him to get a KFX 700 so he can at least have some speed at his size, but we'll see. He is not as obsessed as the rest of us. :lol:

I am already excited. I have some maintenance work to do on the rappy.