My first real Wreck ** Pics**

Started by digitalhearing, July 29, 2008, 11:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Glad your healing up Grant.  Since you gotta get new A-arms anyway, are you gonna get them offset forward at all?

Aaron

SUB454

That was a scary afternoon for sure....it's a good thing your built like a BRICK-SHITHOUSE :grin_nod: My skinny ass would still be in the hospital :'(
DIRECTDRIVE

digitalhearing

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 30, 2008, 06:45:07 PM
Glad your healing up Grant.  Since you gotta get new A-arms anyway, are you gonna get them offset forward at all?

Aaron

Aaron, the A arms that I took off were +1 forward and -1 in.   I am going stock forward and stock width to get back to the stock geometry the way the bike was intended to sit.  I have talked to a couple of old timers, guys that have raced a lot and got their advice on this.  There are different school's of thought for sure.

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

digitalhearing

I just installed my new Steering stem and clamp, it's the Eko brand.  Dustin does a great job on these, and has excellent customer service.  The bars are strong but lightweight aluminum, weighing well under a pound and very nice.

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

kyledvor61

Colorado700R

Quote from: digitalhearing on July 30, 2008, 10:42:03 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on July 30, 2008, 06:45:07 PM

Aaron

Aaron, the A arms that I took off were +1 forward and -1 in.   I am going stock forward and stock width to get back to the stock geometry the way the bike was intended to sit.  I have talked to a couple of old timers, guys that have raced a lot and got their advice on this.  There are different school's of thought for sure.

Grant

definitely, I wish there was a way to move the engine back ~1 inch back in the stock frame, CG is too far forward IMO, and extending the quad forward seems like beneficial during part of a drag, but not all

BADRAP08

OLY CHIT MANG Glad to see your ok :thumbs: could have been worse and btw Nice bike ! Very Clean ! 
08 700R SE

socalrappy700

Damn Grant, nice wreck.  Glad to see your ok.  Just get back on the saddle and don't let your mind mess with you.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

digitalhearing

Yea, thanks for the words of encouragement, the bike has always been clean but I overlooked a few critical front end details.  I pushed the envelope of lightness and it bit me in the shoulder  :(

More new parts.  Paul at Mid Valley Powdercoated the KRB - 4 wheel addiction A arms and spindles  They will go on tomorrow night  :thumbs:

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

digitalhearing

I also just ordered chrome moly Heim Joints, a little expensive but so was the $1,647.50 ride to the hospital a few weeks ago  :help:

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

jwraptor

Amen to that.  Be thankful you guys race in sand iys alot lore forgiving than dirt.

NaturalRaptor

Glad to hear your ok. Hope all heals well!  :thumbs:
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

zx10r203

Nice parts!! At least you are getting back on it!!

RaptorRandy

Quote from: digitalhearing on July 30, 2008, 10:47:23 PM
I just installed my new Steering stem and clamp, it's the Eko brand.  Dustin does a great job on these, and has excellent customer service.  The bars are strong but lightweight aluminum, weighing well under a pound and very nice.

Grant

I'm gonna have to check that stem and them arms out in Sept when were at Windy Bay.....I been drooling over those EKO stem and bar combos, I bet they don't come cheap. Is that a Ti stem ?

digitalhearing

Yea, it's a pretty nice set-up and It is Ti.  I was sold on the strength and light weightness of it.

Grant
This Forum Rocks !