My first real Wreck ** Pics**

Started by digitalhearing, July 29, 2008, 11:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalhearing

I thought I would share a couple of photo's of what my quad looks like after I dumped it end over end at Sandfest earlier this month.  I had it pinned in third i'm sure over 70 MPH and when I let off the gas it immediately started shaking, the front left tire broke off sending me hurrling through the air, I broke my shoulder blade and a few small bruises.  The good news is, I have all the parts to put it back together and the shoulder is healing quickly. 

This is the way it looked on Thursday before the big event

After the wreck

Another one

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

Peelz

your picture makes me want to cry. Glad you and bike are doing OK.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Bert

Sorry to hear the bad news Grant
It sounds like you'll have the bike ready before your healed up  :thumbs:

Very nice quad  8)

pj4553

Oh man thats bad :( Really nice bike though :thumbs: Good thing you made it out ok

digitalhearing

Thanks guys, Yea, the bike is healing up, i have a new steering stem and bars, these in the pics seem to be straight still, but I'm not going to risk it and went with a new set.  I rode my bicycle tonight to get a feel of some handlebars without any pain  :clap:

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

Bert

I hope you heal very quickly so the bicycle doesn't get modded  :lol:

When will the shoulder blade be healed up?

digitalhearing

I have my first trip planned on Sept. 12th and 13th.  I'm sure by then my shoulder will be more than ready.  I like to hill shoot so I'm sure I can hold the bars straight for 4 seconds at a time  :lol:
Grant
This Forum Rocks !

Krandall

make sure you give it propper time... My bro learned that the hard way 2 summers ago. Broke his wrist. they put it in a cast where it came down into the palm. finger tips exposed.. He couldn't ride his wheeler.. so what does he do.. goes into my dads garage.. takes out the air grinder. cuts off the part that goes wehre his wheeler grips should go. and me and him went riding... :lol:

needless to say. he went in for his check up. Break hadn't healed. and the doc put it in a full cast :rofl:

glad to hear you and the rapy are alright! 8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

exentix

dang that was a nice bike... haha still is but ya no..

get well soon  :thumbs:

Headrope

Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Flynbyu

Holy cow!

Glad you survived!

I've had a shoulder injury myself and it's very painful. Hang in there, and get well soon.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

shrimpy21

Nice looking bike you had there  :thumbs: sure it will look even better when you have finished.Glad to hear you and the bike are healing  :clap:
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

kyledvor61

glad to hear your ok and id still hit it :nana:

Onelunglow

Glad to hear your healing fast!! Could have been a lot worse for you.....

So could you figure out what part broke first?  ??? And does it have warranty on it? What's the next step for fixing it? Same parts or stronger ones?
06 - White Raptor
04 - Green KFX80
92 - White/Blue Banshee
88 - Lt500 Drag quad (ski-doo - 809 installed)

digitalhearing

Quote from: Onelunglow on July 30, 2008, 03:57:15 PM
Glad to hear your healing fast!! Could have been a lot worse for you.....

So could you figure out what part broke first?  ??? And does it have warranty on it? What's the next step for fixing it? Same parts or stronger ones?

I don't know what part broke first, I was kind of pre-occupied fending for my life as I flew through the air.  The tie rod broke in half and the heim's (all 4) broke off at the the frame.
I am rebuilding it and have almost all the parts to do it.  I have ordered 4 wheel addiction (stock width) upper and lower A arms, Heavy wall tie rods and a Titanium steering stem & big bar clamp.  Also a wider hillshooter axle to replace the narrow drag axle. 

Grant
This Forum Rocks !