Rap 700 vs. yfz 450

Started by devildog108, July 13, 2008, 01:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalRaptor

Quote from: devildog108 on July 17, 2008, 06:49:54 PM
send me 3.5 k and Ill go get it for ya!! Come get it when your ready, Ill even take it for a spin and make sure it doesnt sit too long before you  get here......., damn what a nice guy.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/mcy/753994142.html

Thanks for the offer, but I already made one hell of a long trip to get a truck. That is all for sometime as funds have gotten low!  :(
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

FoundArealQuad

Quote from: devildog108 on July 15, 2008, 05:50:23 PM
Dang it, should have just chosen one and gone with it.  The Raptor is comfy, but the YFZ just feels badass for some reason....decisions decisions :( :'( :'(
I rode my buddies a couple times while he was in Ranger school and it was a great ride. He always hyped it up like it was the second coming of Christ. He has a GYTR pipe bore kit and cam in it. It handled awesome and the power was great. I've rode a few 450Rs and the YFZ is a better handling quad period. I really enjoyed those two days. Its a fun high revving motor that is easy to keep in the power. I'd probably get one if it had reverse.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

kyledvor61

Quote from: Polarass525 on July 21, 2008, 07:06:07 AM
Quote from: devildog108 on July 15, 2008, 05:50:23 PM
Dang it, should have just chosen one and gone with it.  The Raptor is comfy, but the YFZ just feels badass for some reason....decisions decisions :( :'( :'(
I rode my buddies a couple times while he was in Ranger school and it was a great ride. He always hyped it up like it was the second coming of Christ. He has a GYTR pipe bore kit and cam in it. It handled awesome and the power was great. I've rode a few 450Rs and the YFZ is a better handling quad period. I really enjoyed those two days. Its a fun high revving motor that is easy to keep in the power. I'd probably get one if it had reverse.
:clap: :clap:

FoundArealQuad

Can't say to much bad about it
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

kyledvor61

Quote from: Polarass525 on July 22, 2008, 08:53:05 PM
Can't say to much bad about it
:clap: :clap: :clap: no reverse or fi but thats about it :clap: :clap:

FoundArealQuad

I can't say anything bad about the Rappy and it has fuel injection and reverse. :lol:

Peelz

Quote from: Polarass525 on July 23, 2008, 11:25:12 AM
I can't say anything bad about the Rappy and it has fuel injection and reverse. :lol:

and you will never have to rebuild the motor, if you treat it right. YFZ wears out faster. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

FoundArealQuad

The wearing out is not a bad thing either if you want to go faster every two years :lol:

Colorado700R

Quote from: Polarass525 on July 23, 2008, 02:31:29 PM
The wearing out is not a bad thing either if you want to spend 2 grand, and go faster every two years :lol:

Corrected  :lol:

FoundArealQuad

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 23, 2008, 02:32:49 PM
Quote from: Polarass525 on July 23, 2008, 02:31:29 PM
The wearing out is not a bad thing either if you want to spend 2 grand, and go faster every two years :lol:

Corrected  :lol:

well done! :rofl:

I am actually not really bashing the 450(well maybe a little). It is just not for me. I need a machine that will stay running without a topend rebuild after 200 hrs. But, if were to ride mx, I would buy one regardless. Rappy is too tall and center of gravity too high for that. But...mine is beat up and and the engine still singing. All my riding is really rough trails and gravel roads that I need the low end power, comfort and reliability. Handling can be fixed, when I feel like it, as well.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

FoundArealQuad

I can contest to that one too. Old bert has ridden his more than most people drive there cars. He also has let some maintenance slip a little and that thing still runs great. Its a great motor. Yamaha built a winner with the 700 Raptors. :thumbs:

Peelz

Quote from: Polarass525 on July 23, 2008, 03:00:17 PM
I can contest to that one too. Old bert has ridden his more than most people drive there cars. He also has let some maintenance slip a little and that thing still runs great. Its a great motor. Yamaha built a winner with the 700 Raptors. :thumbs:

+1  Big bore, low compression = reliability + stump pulling low end...and wheelies!!!!! :thumbs:

FoundArealQuad

I like how ATV action compared to a diesel :lol:

Bert