Top end not spinning... (Video Uploaded)

Started by Livingmylife93, June 15, 2010, 08:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldblue700rjo

i would pull the flywheel off and make sure that the timing chain is properly on the crank then i'd make sure that ur timing tensioner is workin
raptor 07  700r
k&m big airfilter and intake
dynatek ignition
pro ported head trinity racing
+5mm hotrods stroker
105.5 big bore 12.5 to 1 je piston
pciii
+6 swingarm (homemade looks good) and works good
ss mag wheels
LIVE TO RIDE RIDE TO LIVE

Livingmylife93

Quote from: oldblue700rjo on July 04, 2010, 08:45:22 PM
i would pull the flywheel off and make sure that the timing chain is properly on the crank then i'd make sure that ur timing tensioner is workin

thats what i did, thanks bud....

Livingmylife93

BTW, i never reported back to you guy aout my build. I went from a stock bike with a GYTR slip on and added a fuel controller, pro flow with K&N filter and wiseco 11:1 piston. I got it dialed in and boy does it run strong. I may get a bigger front sprocket cause i feel like im running through my gears to fast... not enough top end sorta.

It runs hard, and good. I need a new battery because my old one doesnt like the new compression. It will be here some time this week.

Absolutly no complaints with my build for once.
Ill be dragging my friends ninja 600 soon just to see what happens  :nod:

I need a new front end asap, but i cant afford shit. My a-arms have a quarter inch of play on the bushings to the frame... And some severe dents.

Thanks for all the help guys, it payed off.

Spartan

Any plans for a cam to take advantage of the new compression? And glad you got it all running...They do have bushing rebuild kits for a-arms I think.

Livingmylife93

Quote from: Spartan727 on July 05, 2010, 04:40:42 AM
Any plans for a cam to take advantage of the new compression? And glad you got it all running...They do have bushing rebuild kits for a-arms I think.

I will get a new cam eventually, i dont have the money right now. They do have bushing kits on ebay for a little under a hundred, but i feel why should i do that when i can just save up $400 and get a +2 setup... especially since mine are all dented.. I figured i would just tough it out for now.

Spartan

You can get stock arms for about 150 bucks in good shape...I sold mine with spindles for about 150 not long ago.

Livingmylife93

Quote from: Spartan727 on July 05, 2010, 01:54:20 PM
You can get stock arms for about 150 bucks in good shape...I sold mine with spindles for about 150 not long ago.

whole set? ebay?

Spartan

Usually on some of the forums like raptorforum. there are a few up now but not really much better than yours. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see any.

Livingmylife93

Quote from: Spartan727 on July 06, 2010, 04:31:47 AM
Usually on some of the forums like raptorforum. there are a few up now but not really much better than yours. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see any.

sounds good, i found whole sets on ebay for $200 (stock)
but im just gonna wait and get a +2 set for $400

Spartan

Being wider definitely helps but it sucks for some trails and hill climbs with narrow paths :mad:

wrekd

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on July 05, 2010, 12:28:42 PM
Quote from: Spartan727 on July 05, 2010, 04:40:42 AM

I will get a new cam eventually, i dont have the money right now. They do have bushing kits on ebay for a little under a hundred, but i feel why should i do that when i can just save up $400 and get a +2 setup... especially since mine are all dented.. I figured i would just tough it out for now.

My front end was the same way. All the pins were in good shape just needed the bushings replaced. I got a set of ASR Delron bushings for like $12 off of ebay and my front end is like new.
2007 Raptor 700SE, HMF Full System, HMF Optimizer, Pro-Design K&N Intake, Lid Off, Stage 2 Hotcam, +3 TB, Dynatek Programmable w/dl700's curves, GYTR Front Bumper, PRM Grab Bar, Pro Armor Nerfs, Acerbis Handguards, DG SS Skidplate, ASR Tie Rods, HiPer CF1A's, 21x7-10 Razr2, 20x11-9 CST Ambush