Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Ok, I give up...... **Updated 3-5-2010**  (Read 11472 times)

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
Re: Ok, I give up......
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 06:42:13 PM »
O haha  :rofl: :rofl:

I expect Krandall, Preddy, you Dan, Matt, Mike, Troy to be there. I still want to meet you Preddy and Kran.

Well, as much as anyone wants to see Kran, you know, kind of....but not really cause hes a big dousche. :)

I will try to be there man, and now that you say you are building this monster I'll be there FO SHO!

I noticed that you have a IMS XC tank..........I had no idea they even made those. More information please!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 12:13:51 AM »
Kev and I are trying to find one. But since it means it will require me cutting my plastics, im on the fence about it. I put IMS so you get the idea that its an oversized high capacity fuel tank. The 700 holds quite a bit of fuel but I want to see if I can do better with a larger fuel tank.

You can bet the second I find something that works it will be posted up. Otherwise ill just take it off the list :( Id like to try it out.

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 12:17:35 AM »
Alkire193,
I've been thinkin about a turbo build also for a few months. What I thank has happened is you were suppose to have that turbo kit sent to my house. Its Ok just call Jokers Vault and have them send it. I can PM you my address. No seriously I've really been thinkin about one too. Just havent told the wife about it. If I do it I will purchase another 700 to do it too. Congradulation on it and hope you have fun with it. Also hope you make to LS this year as I would like to take a ride on it too. HINT HINT P.S. I will let you ride mine.  :thumbs:

Take care over there across the pond!!!!

I knew I forgot to do something, sure just PM me your...........

WAIT A SECOND!!

...im on to you Mo Raptor! You cant trick me that easily!

Yea, if its there, im there, id love to let people take a spin. See if they like the JVR Turbo kit and Fox Suspension

Offline Pw383426

• Street Cred: 2
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 10:35:25 AM »
I say cut the piston down and boost her some more!

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 11:00:51 AM »
I say cut the piston down and boost her some more!

If I cut the piston and turn up the turbo I run into one problem that im trying very hard to avoid and almost caused the turbo not to be in the build. Turbo lag. Even though the JoKa garuntees no turbo lag, if the turbo goes vacuum and then I have to rebuild my presssure quickly I have to build more boost on a low compression set up vs high. So with my 770 lets say I have to set the turbo for 3-4lbs, if I go low compression and turn it up to 8-10lbs it takes more time, even just a little. Still makes the same power either way. From what I understand.

I want my power NOW when im on the trails. :)

Offline Pw383426

• Street Cred: 2
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 11:09:57 PM »
Having over 100cc's more than stock, your motor is already bigger than what the JVR stage 1 kit is designed for.... in other words it'll have much more snap and throttle response than a normal stock bike with turbo, boost will be built hella quick  :thumbs: At least turn her down to 11:1  8)

And are you going to be upgrading your fuel system at all? A 1:1 fuel pressure system (D7 sells) and a bigger injector is good for insurance and the increased power  :clap:

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 12:10:48 AM »
Already spoke to Joker on that fact. I dont increase fuel consumption past the stock injector. Its a turbo, so more power without all the fuel use

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 05:49:30 AM »
damn this is going to be awesome!!! :clap:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 12:48:33 AM »
Fingers crossed, cant wait to see how she does.  :clap:

Offline Dales396LT4

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 07:04:52 AM »
Can you say Fireworks. Is your CP Piston 13/1 @ 0 deck? or are you in the hole some? What race fuel are going to run?

Offline Blair

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 10:58:27 AM »
why do i see this thing beeing more of a straight line beast than a trail monster... it sounds like it will be epic either way... and 13:1 with a turbo is just crazy...
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 01:24:51 PM »
Honestly, I dont know the exact measure, but it does sit low in the hole. I know what youre getting at, both of you. 13:1 is ridiculous and if it sits low then it stands a chance of creating a lower compression regardless of the piston size. Let me know if im getting that wrong. Kev and I worked out some aspects of my build combing with this turbo. It WILL work out guys. He garuntees and warranties his work, ive got nothing but time to see this through. So we will take it step by step.

I do understand though, that running a high comp set up with a forced induction system is stupid. Dont worry, it will all work itself out. We have talked about other pistons and removing the RJ cam from the build back in November. But we arent at that stage yet in this. Im also going to consult with Kenny from KDS when the time for the motor comes and we are all going to punch out s solid block.  Right now the frame (should be) removed and being repaired and gusseted. When we get to the motor we will finalize all the details and ill post it up. But as for right now, its a CP 13:1 105mm with +5mm stroke, and thats all for the moment.

I was worried that I might be overdoing it Blair. But when i hit the woods with the 770 in LS with the guys, it was OK at best. I mean, it cooked and posted solid numbers but I still wanted some more. I really was on the fence with this decision for a good while before I hashed out the "GNCC turbo" kit with Kev. But since Team Rocket Factory is running a 798 in the GNCC with an 8mil crank and someone called Kev asking for 5 GNCC turbo builds.......I guess im not the only one whos crazy.

My final thought on this is, when you get a chance. Look at the first place guy for the Amateur class GNCC. He and his team always win. They have 800cc Can Am's that sound like monster trucks and eat hills for lunch. Thats who I want to wipe off the podium with this build. Not to win my class or have a great hillclimber, but an all around balls out XC bike that can take whatever trail dishes out.

Offline DL700

• Street Cred: 5
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 03:25:58 AM »
Honestly, I dont know the exact measure, but it does sit low in the hole. I know what youre getting at, both of you. 13:1 is ridiculous and if it sits low then it stands a chance of creating a lower compression regardless of the piston size. Let me know if im getting that wrong. Kev and I worked out some aspects of my build combing with this turbo. It WILL work out guys. He garuntees and warranties his work, ive got nothing but time to see this through. So we will take it step by step.

I was worried that I might be overdoing it Blair. But when i hit the woods with the 770 in LS with the guys, it was OK at best. I mean, it cooked and posted solid numbers but I still wanted some more. I really was on the fence with this decision for a good while before I hashed out the "GNCC turbo" kit with Kev. But since Team Rocket Factory is running a 798 in the GNCC with an 8mil crank and someone called Kev asking for 5 GNCC turbo builds.......I guess im not the only one whos crazy.

RPM, is what you are looking for...
a 770 build done right should Not be able to be ridden in the woods...it SHOULD scare you a bit, and not just be "ok"

ive seen multiple 770's post lower then 70 hp, even some in the low 60 hp range, not just because of a simple compression or deck height issue but because the combination of components was wrong or the build had one MAJOR flaw in a component choice or neglect of a necessary upgrade...it all reality a good running 770 on mild compression with a big head should be running in the 80's if all is done right with  matched components...

dont give up on the 770 when the answer is right around the corner...

consider your options and the route youve gone with the current build...ask for advice from other sources then then ones previously followed, see what can be changed and what is truly holding u back... weigh the costs then the option to go turbo from there...

which ever u chose, good luck and happy motoring  :thumbs:
CUERVO RACING

Offline VelociRaptor

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 03:45:34 AM »
More than likely the 13:1 105 CP piston is .040" in the hole @ TDC.

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 08:38:02 AM »

RPM, is what you are looking for...
a 770 build done right should Not be able to be ridden in the woods...it SHOULD scare you a bit, and not just be "ok"

ive seen multiple 770's post lower then 70 hp, even some in the low 60 hp range, not just because of a simple compression or deck height issue but because the combination of components was wrong or the build had one MAJOR flaw in a component choice or neglect of a necessary upgrade...it all reality a good running 770 on mild compression with a big head should be running in the 80's if all is done right with  matched components...

dont give up on the 770 when the answer is right around the corner...

consider your options and the route youve gone with the current build...ask for advice from other sources then then ones previously followed, see what can be changed and what is truly holding u back... weigh the costs then the option to go turbo from there...

which ever u chose, good luck and happy motoring  :thumbs:

Balone...

4gunz, troywcc, and others rock 80+ Hp on trails all day long on 770 or larger builds and they are bulit very well.  

Also, like you have stated before, some of the performance products used for duning/hillshoot are not always the best choice for a trail/gncc racer and will limit the HP that shows up on dynos (IE using a +3 TB vice a 54 or 58mm TB).

Last time I checked your riding ability determined how fast you can ride trails/GNCC, and no cam, TB, head, turbo, etc will improve, or deminish that. Chris can handle this rocket in any form or function he chooses, I've seen that first hand.

Bottom line, you can't buy skill, good thing Chris already has it.

Good luck with the build bro, in what ever form it may take.  Hope to ride with you again soon.

Aaron

PS- anyone willing to go against the grain and push the limits of what we know, or what we thought we knew about performance options in this industry helps us all in the long run.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:02:58 AM by Colorado700R »