Blue Origin

Started by Peelz, July 03, 2008, 11:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peelz

One of my service techs told me his son being recruited for a job near seattle building commercial spacecraft.
The company is called Blue Origin. Owned by the guy who owns Amazon.com. They expect to make weekly flights by 2010! He says they are super secretive about their stuff. Let me get the Wiki and a linkeroo.

Blue Origin is a privately-funded aerospace company set up by Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos. Initially focused on sub-orbital spaceflight, the company has built and flown a testbed of their New Shepard spacecraft design at their Culberson County, Texas facility. According to company statements, they plan on placing the New Shepard in commercial suborbital tourist service in 2010 with flights about once a week.[1]

read wiki for yourself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Origin

I think on their website, somewhere, has a vid of a test launch-use hydrogen peroxide engines. Pretty neat stuff....this is their recruiting site he directed me to. Go to "updates" at the top for pics and vids.

http://public.blueorigin.com/index.html

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

kyledvor61

I bet aaron knows more about this...

Colorado700R

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 03, 2008, 12:34:56 PM
This company has contacted me!!  :lol:

This all spooled from the Anasari X-Prize http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_prize#Ansari_X_PRIZE_.28space.3B_won_Oct._4.2C_2004.29

:thumbs:

pretty cool! His son said that when they called, they asked "have you ever heard of what we do?" he says "no". They reply "good weve been doing our job" Trying to stay below the radar, I guess.

Did you watch the video of the launch? Kinda strange. Takes off with little to no fumes/smoke, flies to 285 ft, then lands softly. ANother video shows the attitude thrusters working. pretty sweet.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

Commercial space travel.

We'll see it, but I think it will be when we are old and gray. It won't be for the average Joe, too expensive.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

FoundArealQuad

They said it would happen by 2007 originally
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

ThisGuyAlex

so when do we leave? and do they serve drinks on this flight? i wanna get all drunk, float around, and puke and watch it float in mid air........ :grin_nod:
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Peelz

Quote from: ThisGuyAlex on July 14, 2008, 09:39:34 AM
so when do we leave? and do they serve drinks on this flight? i wanna get all drunk, float around, and puke and watch it float in mid air........ :grin_nod:

agreed. Maybe an in-flight movie. Plus, I wanna join the 100 mile high club! But that might get a bit messy :rofl: whole new meaning to "money shot" :grin_nod:

Colorado700R

Quote from: Peels660 on July 14, 2008, 09:41:26 AM

agreed. Maybe an in-flight movie. Plus, I wanna join the 100 mile high club! But that might get a bit messy :rofl: whole new meaning to "money shot" :grin_nod:

Unintentinal Group Bukake  ???

:confused:
:lol:

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 14, 2008, 09:42:16 AM
Quote from: Peels660 on July 14, 2008, 09:41:26 AM

Unintentinal Group Bukake  ???

:confused:
:lol:

:rofl:  :rofl:   what about the 2 girls, one space capsule? :grin_nod:

ThisGuyAlex

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww.....

preddy08

Quote from: ThisGuyAlex on July 14, 2008, 10:08:03 AM

As long as the dont charge 15 bucks for your first bag :rofl: they might do alright ??? :rofl:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Peelz

Quote from: preddy08 on July 14, 2008, 10:15:34 AM
Quote from: ThisGuyAlex on July 14, 2008, 10:08:03 AM

As long as the dont charge 15 bucks for your first bag :rofl: they might do alright ??? :rofl:

:rofl:

ThisGuyAlex

i dunno probabaly gonna be so expensive that only the top 10% of the country financially can afford it

Bert

Quote from: ThisGuyAlex on July 14, 2008, 10:41:36 AM
i dunno probabaly gonna be so expensive that only the top 10% of the country financially can afford it
10%  :lol:  That's lot of people.  They might need a whole fleet of intergalactic party planes