Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Leatt Brace  (Read 2562 times)

Offline fire raptor

• Street Cred: 9
Leatt Brace
« on: July 02, 2008, 04:25:25 PM »
I thought I would start a thread on this as I have not seen any one give any input on the brace. I have about 40 hours riding time on my brace. It is a no issue wearing it when riding. A small amout of restiction looking down by bending your head. you learn to bend your torso instead. Do they work ? I will not know unless I crash and do a head plant. Which by the way I am not willing to do for the sake of this Forum . I do know that the brace is a great psychological tool when I am wearing it. I am huge proponent of maximun safety gear. The unit is spendy 395$ and I am sure many will not want invest that much in a piece of gear. But if you are contemplating buying one they are easy to use and comfortable to ride with. We are waiting for the EVS to hiy the market and but a couple of those for the kids as they sre way less $

Offline Caliraptor

• Street Cred: 1
  • My Personal UPS Chick
    • Email
Re: Leatt Brace
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 05:00:56 PM »
some people have broken their cavicle isntead of their neck when they crashed wearing the leatt, i guess it worked by preventing the neck from breakin, some leatts had defect and some parts were breaking but i read they had fixed the problem
Skipping class and tapping ass

Offline who else but rk

• Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »
yea i think im going to get one. now that im on the bike its a good idea i think.
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 05:21:44 PM »
I thought I would start a thread on this as I have not seen any one give any input on the brace. I have about 40 hours riding time on my brace. It is a no issue wearing it when riding. A small amout of restiction looking down by bending your head. you learn to bend your torso instead. Do they work ? I will not know unless I crash and do a head plant. Which by the way I am not willing to do for the sake of this Forum . I do know that the brace is a great psychological tool when I am wearing it. I am huge proponent of maximun safety gear. The unit is spendy 395$ and I am sure many will not want invest that much in a piece of gear. But if you are contemplating buying one they are easy to use and comfortable to ride with. We are waiting for the EVS to hiy the market and but a couple of those for the kids as they sre way less $

Selfish  :(

JK

Leatts are required for some racing around here.  I bought mine from a buddy of mine who started racing cars instead, and got a good deal.  They are not as cumbersome as they seem, and I agree that once you're used to one, they almost disappear  :thumbs:

Offline fire raptor

• Street Cred: 9
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 06:12:11 PM »
some people have broken their cavicle isntead of their neck when they crashed wearing the leatt, i guess it worked by preventing the neck from breakin, some leatts had defect and some parts were breaking but i read they had fixed the problem
Broken collar bones are a given in motorcycle or Quad crashes that launch you . I just do not want to have some one changing my diapers or breathing thru a ventilator tube. No guarantees on any thing you just minimize your risk. Hey Im not that far from some changing my diapers anyway but no need to rush it. FR.

Offline RR34

• this is doo doo baby!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 06:15:30 PM »
Broken collar bones are a given in motorcycle or Quad crashes that launch you . I just do not want to have some one changing my diapers or breathing thru a ventilator tube. No guarantees on any thing you just minimize your risk. Hey Im not that far from some changing my diapers anyway but no need to rush it. FR.

:lol: :lol: :lol: but a broken collar bone is nothing man. so you cant lift your arm for a few weeks. better than not being able to use most of your body or worse dieing. not sure if id use it for everyday riding, seeing as everytime i wreck i seem to land on my back and slide. but racing hell yeah id use one.
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Offline who else but rk

• Email
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 09:32:20 PM »
on a quad, im not shure if id wear one. but the bike is alot faster and alot looser and moves alot more in the air lol
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Offline RR34

• this is doo doo baby!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 09:35:41 PM »
bikes are fu*king scary in the air if you arent used to them (me). plus controlling that front end is essential. little miscalculation your over the bars.

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 09:38:10 PM »
I tried a friends HANS for racing dragsters and I couldnt even feel it when I was in the car. I imagine the leatt are pretty similiar

Offline RR34

• this is doo doo baby!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 09:39:36 PM »
I tried a friends HANS for racing dragsters and I couldnt even feel it when I was in the car. I imagine the leatt are pretty similiar

its probly a little different in the car since your kinda not doing anything.

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 09:42:57 PM »

its probly a little different in the car since your kinda not doing anything.

i meant as far as neck movement and weight on my shoulders

Offline who else but rk

• Email
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 11:19:58 PM »
bikes are fu*king scary in the air if you arent used to them (me). plus controlling that front end is essential. little miscalculation your over the bars.
ohh yeaa fo sho. if the front end is too far down or you dont apply enough throttle on a landing, shit starts to get shakey. and when ur a dumb ass and think u put the bike into 2nd but really put it into nutral before a jump thats when shit starts to get even scareyer  :lol:
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Offline who else but rk

• Email
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 07:19:36 PM »
well i got mine. you dont even feel it, its actually verry comfy. great buy
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Offline SUB454

• The Punisher
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 2
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 07:52:23 PM »
I've given some thought to wearing 1 during the up-comming Four-Stroke race's.
DIRECTDRIVE

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 07:53:18 PM »
I've given some thought to wearing 1 during the up-comming Four-Stroke race's.

Please do  :thumbs: