Happy Birthday and thank you!

Started by preddy08, July 20, 2024, 11:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preddy08

I've typically had fairly crappy birthdays since childhood. As I'm sure everyone knows, as you get older the worse and worse they get. I hit my 40th today and got a random group chat with some of the regulars here. As I carried out my day doing things for my kiddos I got a random message from the one and only Mr. El Hefe, Pealz and Randy. Let me tell you guys it snapped me out of my day to day BS and seriously made my day. The back and fourth banter was absolutely amazing. You guys made my day more than you know. Just yesterday, I had to put down my beloved Corgi Bella due to cancer. My family tied to have a party for me but it kinda fell flat as I just laid a dog to rest whom I love to no ends.

Today's text from some internet "strangers" absolutely made my day. I haven't seen you guys in 15+ years and you remembered to say happy birthday and it totally changed my day for the best.

Seriously love you phuggers!

PS, I know I don't have to tell you guys, but always be kind to you fellow Americans as you don't know what they're going through and the smallest acts can make all the difference not matter who or what they are.

BTW, we're gonna plan something in the not to distance future to get together. Raptor Rally minus the raptors 8)
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Peelz

That $hit totally had me going.

A f**ked up text from this crew at just the right time can change the mood instantly. Dont see you bastards for years, but the nonsense comes right back.

I actually tried to meet up with rando on my last bike trip a couple weeks back...but failed. biblical MN weather and aunty flo conspired to fuk up the adventure momentarily. (that gets worse for women as they get older and I feel bad)  :rofl:

busy as shit. Hell... I coach like 2 different soccer teams plus a high school team. I'm exhausted. SO any free time is ME time baby.

as far as aging... meh. I think itll get better... Having the time of my life. Wifey and both got In shape, and are semi-raging middle aged stoners... :peels:  :rofl: Were in the "oh shit the kids are bailing what do we do now" time of life. So..... we go on bike trips, go boating, go hiking, buy a convertible.... the mid life NON-crisis.  I mean, its not a crisis if youre supported in your madness.

:nana:

Keep your foot on the gas with the kids-itll pay off.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Hefe

I was just waiting for the wife to come out of yet ANOTHER store, and my phone said it was Preddy's birthday... (I don't do the social medias, so I have people's birthdays stored in my calendar)
I was about to text just the birthday boy, and thought ... lets make this a group chat!
Super happy I did.
happy to brighten your day even just a little bit Buddy!
and super shitty about your puppers!
looking back, I should have thrown MadDog, Phucker and whoever else is in my phone in there!

Peelz

Quote from: Hefe on July 22, 2024, 08:18:43 AM
I was just waiting for the wife to come out of yet ANOTHER store, and my phone said it was Preddy's birthday... (I don't do the social medias, so I have people's birthdays stored in my calendar)
I was about to text just the birthday boy, and thought ... lets make this a group chat!
Super happy I did.
happy to brighten your day even just a little bit Buddy!
and super shitty about your puppers!
looking back, I should have thrown MadDog, Phucker and whoever else is in my phone in there!

indeed and I thank you for creating it :kiss: it was a 2.5 hr drive to get that car. I was kinda sittin  and chillin, reflecting on age, being with the older kid....but then got that text.  :clap: you reminded me of my mission statement:

"its not about how long you live, its trying to die young as late as possible"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Was Already a fun day buying a car, and teaching him the ways of the 3 pedal car (he rides motorcycles though, so he "knew"  and in a WRX no less. But He was drivin like bitch kinda short shifting. I'm like nah, gotta give it the beans kid, this car is made to rev, drop it into 4th before the corner and punch it"

On the way back, when we got close to IA, me in the little girly slow ass 115hp cabrio, he passes me. FULL FLOORED, popping between gears. (sounds rad af after I put axle-back pipes on it)

*sniffle* "thats my boy"  8)

It wont touch the Tesla though, that things fuking stupid and I love it.  :rofl: Bout to drive that sucker to Gulf Shores TONIGHT.  :help:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Seriously, I was literally laughing out loud as the texts were flying in! Nicole was like? wtf are you doin? I was like oh.. I just got a text from Shawn a guy I haven' heard from in fkn eons. Every once in a while when I pop onto insta, I?ll see something from your wife where a wild shawna sometimes appears. The pictures of the kids flippin the bird was fkn hilarious! Was just telling a co-worker today figured I'd mention it in chat today but happy to see a NEW thread!!! Was tellin Kelv, was like dude? you know what the middle finger is, right
K: No?
Me: Come on? I saw you do it with your friend lol
K: Well? he makes me!
Me: uh-huh? okay dude. Well.. lemme show you some photos, I want you to do it with me
K: No, I don' want to get in trouble!
Me: Dude, I'm tellin you it's all good! Just do it, it'll be funny and my interweb franz will get a kick out of it
K: fine? promise I won' get in trouble?
Me: Shut up and take the picture

LOL

He felt empowered and like a "big-kid" getting to do something "naughty"!
The message chain felt like a sliver of the RS days of old and a lovely blast from the past! Sorry to hear about the pup! I'm not much of a cat person but man alive.. Dogs truly become a part of the family and i's never easy losing one. With time, all wounds heal ❤
I turned 40 in November last year. There's days where I feel it and there's more days that I still feel like I'm in my 20s/30s lol! I started goin back to the gym in March. Was getting fluffy and something needed to change. I's been fun getting back into some sort of rhythm for myself and ever since then, I?ve honestly only felt better and better! Things get busy, things take priority, life, family, and all the sht in-between. Super thankful for y?all and even this forum/chat. I's not what it used to be but even being able to say ?hi, or mernin you filthy fks, and then go on about my day. I've still got some time before the kiddos are out of the house but sometimes it's a stop, assess where you're at, realize even on the bad days.. I don't have it that bad.
Love ya'll <3

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on July 22, 2024, 10:24:40 AM
Seriously, I was literally laughing out loud as the texts were flying in! Nicole was like? wtf are you doin? I was like oh.. I just got a text from Shawn a guy I haven?t heard from in fkn eons. Every once in a while when I pop onto insta, I?ll see something from your wife where a wild shawna sometimes appears. The pictures of the kids flippin the bird was fkn hilarious! Was just telling a co-worker today figured I?d mention it in chat today but happy to see a NEW thread!!! Was tellin Kelv, was like dude? you know what the middle finger is, right?
K: No?
Me: Come on? I saw you do it with your friend lol
K: Well? he makes me!
Me: uh-huh? okay dude. Well.. lemme show you some photos, I want you to do it with me
K: No, I don?t want to get in trouble!
Me: Dude, I?m tellin you it?s all good! Just do it, it?ll be funny and my interweb franz will get a kick out of it
K: fine? promise I won?t get in trouble?
Me: Shut up and take the picture

LOL

He felt empowered and like a ?big-kid? getting to do something ?naughty?!
The message chain felt like a sliver of the RS days of old and a lovely blast from the past! Sorry to hear about the pup! I?m not much of a cat person but man alive.. Dogs truly become a part of the family and it?s never easy losing one. With time, all wounds heal ❤
I turned 40 in November last year. There?s days where I feel it and there?s more days that I still feel like I?m in my 20s/30s lol! I started goin back to the gym in March. Was getting fluffy and something needed to change. It?s been fun getting back into some sort of rhythm for myself and ever since then, I?ve honestly only felt better and better! Things get busy, things take priority, life, family, and all the sht in-between. Super thankful for y?all and even this forum/chat. It?s not what it used to be but even being able to say ?hi? or ?mernin you filthy fks? and then go on about my day. I?ve still got some time before the kiddos are out of the house but sometimes it?s a stop, assess where you?re at, realize even on the bad days.. I don?t have it that bad.
Love ya?ll <3

"don't have it that bad" exactly. nicely put, thats how I felt when the texts were comin in.

And I dont like to tell people how to raise kids, but a hill I die on is guided discovery. You can Either pretend weird shit doesn't happen in society, then they find out on their own that it does, and theyre not ready for it and malfunction, or you can help them in a safe environment so when they come across its meh. Gotsta have a thick skin. Cant get stuck in your bubbles.

por ejemplo: My bro in law was homeschooled for most of his life, and hadn't seen pr0nz til he and my sis had moved out on their own. I heard he had himself a little "problem" with the asian variety for awhile.  :rofl: And his dad still does...buncha megachurch goofballs.  :nod:

Showed Nichole the chat. She was lovin' the kids' pics.