raptor diet?

Started by jonny_b, February 08, 2011, 12:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny_b

so i keep putting stuff on my rap (skids and nerfs)and i think she may be a little over weight. what can be takin off to lose some weight? NOTE: i do not dune and all brake parts and lights need to stay on.  :lol: there is probably nothing that can be done, except ti bolts and what not, but thought i'd ask.

Krandall

any reason you're concerned bout weight then?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Spartan

The rider...you'll lose 180-200 lbs :lol:

Peelz

cut fenders....

headlights....

Be really picky when you get tires and wheels.

not really worth it.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

jonny_b

i'm not really concerned, just curious. i was basically bored and lookin for things i could do until my parts come in. :lol: me losing weight isn't an option though, i'm only weighin in at about 160-165 depending on how many tools i bring with me.  :lol: i was just cuious if there was things that could be left off, other than lights, or if there was things that could be drilled out to save a bit of weight but not be unsafe.

Peelz

Quote from: jonny_b on February 08, 2011, 04:59:06 PM
i'm not really concerned, just curious. i was basically bored and lookin for things i could do until my parts come in. :lol: me losing weight isn't an option though, i'm only weighin in at about 160-165 depending on how many tools i bring with me.  :lol: i was just cuious if there was things that could be left off, other than lights, or if there was things that could be drilled out to save a bit of weight but not be unsafe.

nope not without costing handling.

Drag racing guys shave all kinds of weight off.

Light steering stem, no front brakes, light front hubs. drag tires. No real weight to be saved if you are going to be riding hard.  :thumbs:

Just make it look pretty and go fast.  :)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

jonny_b

haha well i'll be a 5 mod with the skidz, nerfs,stem, bars, and h.i.d.'s, but i just wanted to tinker more. the bearings only hold so much grease, and i can't change fresh oil. and now i'm out of money, is there any modding anonymous meetings on here? :sos: :lol:

Krandall

:rofl:

yes... there are. check out the "Off Topic Section" we have our chat box there. We hold daily meetings.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Gunz

I went the other way and added weight, my rappy is tipping the scales over 500lbs.. Slow POS.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Bert

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on February 12, 2011, 01:13:04 AM
I went the other way and added weight, my rappy is tipping the scales over 500lbs.. Slow POS.
Why so much? I scaled mine at work & don't remember how much fuel was in it but it weighed 440lbs.

Spartan

Aftermarket parts for trail quads add up a lot of weight....skid plates, heavy duty wheels, stems, flexx bars, long travel suspension, performance mods...