Do you belive this? Butter Vs Margarin

Started by preddy08, February 02, 2011, 08:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

preddy08

Got this in a email at work today. Haven't had time to look into it. I know in general butter is belived to be better for you, but it seems a bit extreme.

Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys.
When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research
wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do
with this product to get their money back.
It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter.
How do you like it?
They have come out with some clever new flavorings.

DO YOU KNOW...the difference between margarine and butter?

Read on to the end...gets very interesting!

Both have the same amount of calories.

Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5 grams.

Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.

Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.

Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few only because they are added!

Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of other foods.

Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years.

And now, for Margarine...

Very high in trans fatty acids.
Triple risk of coronary heart disease.
Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)

Increases the risk of cancers up to five fold.

Lowers quality of breast milk.

Decreases immune response.

Decreases insulin response.

And here's the most disturbing fact....
HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC...

This fact alone was enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).

You can try this yourself:

Purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded area.

Within a couple of days you will note a couple of things:

* No flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)

* It does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value
* Nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weenie microorganisms will not a find a home to grow.
Why? Because it is nearly plastic.
Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?

Share This With Your Friends..... (If you want to "butter them up")!

Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Lady4Fiddy

Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Segkast

That's messed up ! :lol: They also failed to mention the most glaring difference: Margarine sucks ass.

Edit: Also, the more I say 'margarine' out loud, the less it sounds like a real word at all :lol:
Oury grips & Yamalube

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

preddy08

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on February 02, 2011, 11:00:16 AM
Ill let fabio say it for me.

Are you saying his voice in you head, right now?

Cause I am.

Krandall

you're probably picturing him nekkid shawn...

:confused:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Mad Dog

Peelz

I think preddy should grow his hair like fabio.   :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Mad Dog

Segkast

Oury grips & Yamalube

preddy08

I can't stand people that forward on shit like this. Butter propaganda I tell you!

FYI Pealieo, I had long hair up untill highschool  8)

Krandall

thank you for your wonderful explanation Mad Dog.......

:confused:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

rappyfreak

Mike is right, bunch o' crap! From encyclopedia Britannica:

margarine,  food product made principally from one or more vegetable or animal fats or oils in which is dispersed an aqueous portion containing milk products, either solid or fluid, salt, and such other ingredients as flavouring agents, yellow food pigments, emulsifiers, preservatives, vitamins A and D, and butter. It is used in cooking and as a spread. Nutritionally, margarine is primarily a source of calories.

The French chemist H. Mège-Mouriès developed margarine in the late 1860s and was given recognition in Europe and a patent in the United States in 1873. His manufacturing method was simplified in the United States into a process in which the melted fat blend was churned with milk and salt, chilled to solidify the mixture, kneaded to a plastic consistency, and packaged, all by means of the standard butter-working equipment of the time. The edible fats used have varied widely, the trend having been from the animal fats predominant in early use to the vegetable fats, principally cottonseed, soybean, coconut, peanut, and corn oils, and, more recently, palm oil. During the late 1950s an increased interest in the relation of polyunsaturated fats and oils to health hastened the shift to corn, safflower, and sunflower oils as the fat ingredients of margarine. Whale oil has been widely used in Europe but was never common in the United States.

Margarine was long subjected to severe restrictive legislation, particularly in the United States, because of the opposition of the dairy industry. But during the 1930s, margarine manufacturers learned to make margarine from domestic oils rather than the imported oils formerly used, thereby enlisting the support of U.S. cottonseed and soybean farmers. Repeal of federal and most state restrictions gradually followed, leading to the acceptance of margarine in the United States to an extent comparable with that in most European countries.
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

disco

Just dug through the fridge and found a big tub of margarine.  How long this crap last?  I don't know how old it is.   It's probably safe but it was in the very back.  I like a good almost burnt bagel with real butter best though.
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury