Brainstorming for new ideas

Started by Colorado700R, June 23, 2008, 10:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

He guys, I started this thread to capture new ideas for motor perfromance modifications.  The purpose of this is to vet those "crazy" ideas through all our collective knowledge to find ideas with potential to add to performance.

In these types of exercises, there are no bad ideas or questions, nor will any whoring or ridiculing be tolerated.

Post them up!!

Aaron

preddy08

Quote from: Colorado700R on June 23, 2008, 10:17:47 AM
He guys, I started this thread to capture new ideas for motor perfromance modifications.  The purpose of this is to vet those "crazy" ideas through all our collective knowledge to find ideas with potential to add to performance.

In these types of exercises, there are no bad ideas or questions, nor will any whoring or ridiculing be tolerated.

Post them up!!

Aaron

Don't eat that donut sitting on my desk :thumbs:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Krandall

The only real "Crazy" think I've been thinking about doing is..

Where the rear sprocket mounts. Making another disc type thing that bolts up using the sprockets mounts spaced out about 1/2" or so, and is slightly bigger than the sprocket for a sprocket guard. I've never seen anything like it before. And think it'd be nice to have. Better denting that vs a sprocket :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

preddy08

Quote from: Krandall on June 23, 2008, 10:43:43 AM

Where the rear sprocket mounts. Making another disc type thing that bolts up using the sprockets mounts spaced out about 1/2" or so, and is slightly bigger than the sprocket for a sprocket guard. I've never seen anything like it before. And think it'd be nice to have. Better denting that vs a sprocket :)

There is a guy over at predatorowners.com making and sell that same idea. Sounda like a good idea though.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

socalrappy700

Quote from: preddy08 on June 23, 2008, 10:45:43 AM

There is a guy over at predatorowners.com making and sell that same idea. Sounda like a good idea though.

I'll have them forsale by the end of the month.   :lol:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

not sure I can help.....those extra 26 cc's are too much for me.  I get confused. :rofl:

that crankcase evac valve here on the forum is a brilliant idea, though. I don't know of anything out there not discovered yet. You removed stickers and put shock covers on, right?  ;)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Bert

I remember seeing a poly sprocket gaurd that I thought bolted right to the sprocket, they also had a poly rotor gaurd.  Pricey stuff, it was like $100 for just the sprocket gaurd.

I will say metal is tougher than plastic after owning a Tag Metals "Glider" skid plate

shookie

We use somthing like that for kart racing let me try to find a pic.
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Kenny

How about a properly designed intake tube that uses a large diameter tube for plenum volume, with a short, small diameter velocity stack fitted inside for tuning. When at WOT, it would act just like a tunnel ram on a V-8 race motor. You can't tune a tapered column of air, so the stack would have to be near the diameter of the TB throat, and probably about 2-3 inches long ???
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Havn2muchfun

Am pretty sure thats what the chain drive auto polaris sport quads have(Scrambler).
So many upgrades, so little money.

Pw383426

Quote from: Kenny on June 23, 2008, 10:42:53 PM
  How about a properly designed intake tube that uses a large diameter tube for plenum volume, with a short, small diameter velocity stack fitted inside for tuning. When at WOT, it would act just like a tunnel ram on a V-8 race motor. You can't tune a tapered column of air, so the stack would have to be near the diameter of the TB throat, and probably about 2-3 inches long ???

The FCI should be pretty similar, I think they will be adjustable at the end where the filter connects for plenum volume adjustment, where the dyno shows where you can ratchet it down and call it good

Kenny

Quote from: Pw383426 on June 24, 2008, 01:06:44 AM
Quote from: Kenny on June 23, 2008, 10:42:53 PM

The FCI should be pretty similar, I think they will be adjustable at the end where the filter connects for plenum volume adjustment, where the dyno shows where you can ratchet it down and call it good
That intake convinced me to do something different. There is some real struggling going on behind the scenes there. The way they are handling the information and testing just doesn't pass the sniff test......I could be wrong, but I am usually a pretty good judge of this sort of thing. Even with "parsed" dyno numbers that showed about a 3hp gain up top, the test was a wash in my mind, because of losses almost everywhere else in the curve. I hope that it IS a good product, but I have a feeling we won't know for some time 8)
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Bert

Stainless Steel Sprocket Guard - Suzuki LTR450 (just over half way down the page)
http://www.lsracing.com/suzuki-ltr450-parts.htm

they have a rotor gaurd also...

Homesteadraptor700

I wanted to know if anyone has ever thought of ceramic coated pistons and intake/exhaust ports. I did a search and found that it is done for automotive performace parts. It is actually sprayed on like paint and then dried in a kiln at 600 degrees. With a final thickness of 0.0003 to 0.001 inch coating. Here is a site that had a lot of info on it.
//http://www.customclassictrucks.com/techarticles/137_0312_cermamic_coating_tech/index.html