Handlebar Riser

Started by Peelz, January 07, 2011, 11:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peelz

....so this doesnt get lost in shout ;)

Been thinking about how to make the raptor a little more comfy for not much cost.

Noticed this year at the dunes I have the tendency to sit back down really quick trail riding when it is rough, causes me to get bucked around alot. And I get tired fast...I have some issues with my back already, this would explain getting tired. And I was told I hunch down an awful lot when standing up. (quit looking at my arse when I ride Aaron!) :lol: I talked myself outta getting one after riding a few bikes that had them, but thy werent set up for me...

Just wondering what risers you all have, and what else is out there for options. WHich ones are worth the money, and which are overpriced junk....

Seems like an easy/cheap modification that will be instantly noticeable to an old man like me :)

:peels:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Mad Dog

I don't have risers but the stem I think is a +1.25 then add to the fact that an aftermarket clamp raises things another 1.25-1.75 inches I figure I have all of a 2 inch rise and maybe closer to 3.  That said, the aftermarket bars have a much lower rise height.

I'd recommend a +2, only because it's all I've heard you can go before cables start to get too short.

rappyfreak

I have the Tusk 30mm bar risers 7/8", Rox antivibe 2" risers (totally worth it!!!) and Sunline AV OS CR Hi bend handlebars ($25 in clearance section of ironpony.com). This raises my bars about 2", I'm 6'3" and really helped my stance while standing and the antivibe Rox risers I LOVE!
Tusk risers for 7/8 bars: ($20)
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navTitle=Handlebars-Control&webCatId=12&navType=type&webTypeId=70&prodFamilyId=25849&listingId=&sizeAttr=2521
Rox antivibe risers:
http://www.tqsatv.com/proddetail.php?prod=ROX-ANTIVIBE-2-1/4-RISER
Sunline Bars (made by six six one): ($25)
http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/Product.asp/ProdID/227093/ImageName/AV-ONE-HANDLEBAR.jpg&Kitkey2=SUNLINE%20AV%20ONE%20OS%20HANDLEBAR&Brand=SUNLINE&Class2=Handlebars%20and%20Controls&Class3=Handlebars&Class1=
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is IƱigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Colorado700R

These are what I have peels.  MSRP $29.95

Nikki has these mounted backwards to bring the bars up and closer to her. MSRP $89.99

Total vertical rise is 1 1/4" for either style.

You want to be able to stand comfortable with enough arm flex so the bumps don't jolt you.  Try unbolting your bars and see where that height is to give you an idea of the riser height needed.

Peelz

thanks aaron. non- BS karma given :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Spartan

I would definitely do an extended stem or riser setup...The Rox risers look pretty good. I was out riding today (:rev:) and I switched off with a buddy with an all stock 700, and I definitely felt the difference between my +1.25 (+1.75 with Flexx bars and clamp) setup and the stocker...mine is a LOT more comfortable and I'm 5'10.

fire raptor

I have Rox risers and Flex bars. I am 6 ft. I have a complete lower spine rebuild and they work for me.

SprinterX

I have the Rox anti-vibe risers with some Fastt Flexx bars. Great combo to eliminate fatique.
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

Kamakazi

peels is a cheap mofo, talking him into risers is going to be hard enough, nevermind flex bars  :nod:  Peels, just buy a set of 30$ risers and see how you like it, do not go over 2 inches though.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Peelz

Quote from: kamakazi on January 09, 2011, 12:27:41 PM
peels is a cheap mofo, talking him into risers is going to be hard enough, nevermind flex bars  :nod:  Peels, just buy a set of 30$ risers and see how you like it, do not go over 2 inches though.

;)

Spartan

Did you get a stabilizer yet? I noticed mine helped out a LOT with hitting ruts and branches on the ground...my buddy with the stocker almost went sideways when he hit the same log I did.

Kamakazi

a stabilizer will not fix the arch of his back, raising the handlebars will change the arch of his back aligning it so the spine is better for compression.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Spartan

I was also talking to peels :lol:

SprinterX

how can anyone ride a quad w/o a stabilizer, the difference is night and day
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

Spartan

Quote from: SprinterX on January 09, 2011, 03:24:40 PM
how can anyone ride a quad w/o a stabilizer, the difference is night and day

I agree...once you run one, you'll never want to go without. cuts down on a LOT of arm pump.