Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: 01 660 Raptor Reverse Doesn't Work..???  (Read 983 times)

Offline sickofit

• Street Cred: 0
01 660 Raptor Reverse Doesn't Work..???
« on: December 20, 2010, 10:11:48 AM »
Had a couple previous posts about getting this 01 660 Raptor I just picked up,all sorted out...

Bike runs awesome now...,everything is all sorted out...BUT...the reverse doesn't work at all...???.....Being a 01,kinda makes me nervous.

When turning knob,and shifting down from first,the reverse light comes on,but no reverse....no grinding...can't even feel it attempt to go in to reverse...tried unhooking the cable,and pulling the lever by hand while shifting down,but still the same....

The lever doesn't really seem to move far enough maybe..???..Knob goes from sideways to 3\4 up straight when turning...Is there something inside the tranny that can bind up..??...all other gears work good,no grinding,popping out of gear....shifts good...when pop up out of reverse,makes a shift,like it came out of reverse,and is now in first...???

When I bought the bike,he told me it had an extra gear in it....Ya,lol..and that reverse wasnt working....took that with a grain of salt,and figured he has no idea what he's talking about...figured it prob has an sprocket with an extra tooth on it....LOL...no,both sprockets are stock....There is no way to mod the tranny,to make reverse an extra forward gear,is there..???....pretty sure i've only counted five...lol...

Any ideas guys....MUST get the reverse workin....was one of the reasons I went with a Raptor..!!

TIA

Greg