Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: What build do you recommend ?  (Read 4090 times)

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
Re: What build do you recommend ?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 04:48:36 PM »
Yeah, I was really planning on just a +1 head, just got so many people asking why not go +2 ? I didn't have a good answer LOL

Good call on the intake, I was pretty impressed with the MonsterFlow one I put on my bro's 700. Wonder what the differences on the same mild build w/ FCI vs. Monster or Prodesign ... I know there's a shootout thread somewhere... ???
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline txredxj

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 04:53:23 PM »
a build that big a fci will really be noticable on gains. i would keep it pump gas with a 12:1 or 12.5:1 depending on what octane you can get. get a web4 over the 5050, dl seems to be the only one that can get a 5050 to make power but everyone else has good luck with the web4. the port job will make or break a ss/sb build so get the best you can afford. duals would make more power but a single can make power to. some of my friends run race gas and seems like they have to make plans to go ride and make sure they have fuel. i run pump gas so sometime i ride alone lol

i run a +2 re head and make good power. i really havent seen a comparison with a +1 to +2 so i got a +2 figuring i will probably go bigger than a stock bore
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:58:44 PM by txredxj »

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 04:55:20 PM »
The RE + 1 CNC head flows a lot better than some +2 heads, so it's all in the port work too...

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »
I really really liked my 105 bore, venom 14.1 piston, Bo's STOCK VALVE port, and x-2 cam!

EDIT: It just comes down to how much you wanna spend.

I just re-read your post and you looking to spend 1000-1500. Dont forget a bored TB.

Bo's head 250 (Best bang for the buck IMO)
high compression piston  250ish
x-2 cam 250ish
springs 200
big bore if you want is 250ish
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:29:14 PM by preddy08 »
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 07:27:23 PM »
make it unique Seggy, FERK the status quo!

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 07:30:10 PM »
I may be looking to get rid of my FCI, bored TB, and Exhaust here shortly...........FYI.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline XC_Raptor700R

• Email
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 07:53:11 PM »
MD likes low end and midrange, he likes the Stage 2 option ;)

+1
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com

Offline Buck

• VIP
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 11:29:11 PM »
Seg I LOVE my build with the Tech 11.5:1 piston, HDD5050 piston and Bo's T-Rex II porting with +1 valves. You can check out my dyno sheet in the dyno section of MR. It put out 66hp and 51 ft lbs of torque sucking air through just a K&N and adapter set up. I'm very happy with the 5050 cam. I have almost the same amount of torque (on the same dyno) as Geo does on his big bore build thats got about 10hp more than my build. Its got a pretty good power and torque curve...

http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/dyno-tuning/10243-latest-dyno-tune.html
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:31:26 PM by Buck »
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time

Offline SprinterX

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 11:48:20 PM »
Hey Steve, here's my suggestion and it follows some of the ideas already put forward.

Big 3
Intake - it's my understanding the FCI is good but really doesn't pay dividends till you have a larger CC, higher reving engine. Get a good adapter set-up that fits in the stock box (no lid) if you want to ride trails.

Exhaust - Not sure what single you got but any of the better flowing singles should be fine for a mild/medium build. Sparks, CT (you've run CT b4 on the 660 I believe) or the Rossier tested well on DL700's shoot-out.

Fuel Controller - That's an easy one, PC3 or PC5 with the AT.

Next step would be a cam/piston combo. If you want to remain pump gas then the TQS 11.5-1 piston is very nice. I currently have the HC2 and it has a very tractable, lugging bottom end. Race fuel - then the choice is yours, but I'd step up to the HC3 then. Either HC can be found for under $100 shipped and resold when you want to upgrade all day long for the same as you bought it.

Get a +3 TB next, followed by the ignition.

Once you're ready for headwork the $ jump gets bigger. I'd stay away from a +2 as they'll be shrouded in the stock bore. As mentioned above the RE +1 head is a very nice and proven piece. You'll need further head and rocker arm work to run bigger cams, so budget about $800 for the head, plus w/e cam you want.

It's dual exhaust time now unless you have a great flowing single.

FWIW, the set-up in my sig with the single put out 57 hp, 47 torque down at Kraz-E-Dealz in Winchester.

08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

Offline Buck

• VIP
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 11:51:43 PM »
Hey Steve, here's my suggestion and it follows some of the ideas already put forward.

Big 3
Intake - it's my understanding the FCI is good but really doesn't pay dividends till you have a larger CC, higher reving engine. Get a good adapter set-up that fits in the stock box (no lid) if you want to ride trails.

Exhaust - Not sure what single you got but any of the better flowing singles should be fine for a mild/medium build. Sparks, CT (you've run CT b4 on the 660 I believe) or the Rossier tested well on DL700's shoot-out.

Fuel Controller - That's an easy one, PC3 or PC5 with the AT.

Next step would be a cam/piston combo. If you want to remain pump gas then the TQS 11.5-1 piston is very nice. I currently have the HC2 and it has a very tractable, lugging bottom end. Race fuel - then the choice is yours, but I'd step up to the HC3 then. Either HC can be found for under $100 shipped and resold when you want to upgrade all day long for the same as you bought it.

Get a +3 TB next, followed by the ignition.

Once you're ready for headwork the $ jump gets bigger. I'd stay away from a +2 as they'll be shrouded in the stock bore. As mentioned above the RE +1 head is a very nice and proven piece. You'll need further head and rocker arm work to run bigger cams, so budget about $800 for the head, plus w/e cam you want.

It's dual exhaust time now unless you have a great flowing single.

FWIW, the set-up in my sig with the single put out 57 hp, 47 torque down at Kraz-E-Dealz in Winchester.

??? The set up in your sig???
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time

Offline SprinterX

• VIP
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »
??? The set up in your sig???

Forgot I didn't have one over here, ha ha. Just added it. Steve nows my build a/w.
08 Raptor 700

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 04:31:10 AM »
Did everyone get the good 5050 cam and me shorted with a 2525 ???

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 08:46:17 AM »
Seg I LOVE my build with the Tech 11.5:1 piston, HDD5050 piston and Bo's T-Rex II porting with +1 valves. You can check out my dyno sheet in the dyno section of MR. It put out 66hp and 51 ft lbs of torque sucking air through just a K&N and adapter set up. I'm very happy with the 5050 cam. I have almost the same amount of torque (on the same dyno) as Geo does on his big bore build thats got about 10hp more than my build. Its got a pretty good power and torque curve...

http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/dyno-tuning/10243-latest-dyno-tune.html

funny, we have a similar build (except I have 105mm 10.75:1 piston) and the x-2 cam. I have +2 vs +3. And no Ignition.

http://bob2bob.com/images/LittleSahara2010/SDC12976.JPG

nice build buck. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline SprinterX

• VIP
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 08:51:27 AM »
Duals, bah... single's already on it's way. Should support a decent build I hope, wouldn't expect it to limit me that much... You think ??? ?

What single did you get Steve? Was it that Kenz custom one I got slagged on for asking questions?  :rofl:

Like I said above, once you get into a ported, big valve head with a more aggressive cam profile your single will start to become the limiting (restricting) factor in ultimate hp/t output.
08 Raptor 700

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 08:53:20 AM »
On second thought. Leave it stock. So I don't have to listen to you whine when it breaks.

Kthxbai
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"