What is the advantage of dual brake lines?

Started by Livingmylife93, October 16, 2010, 10:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

Alkire193

That looks more like a generic advertising picture for the product.

Your brake lines will have one line coming from the reservoir to a junction ("T" or "y" block) and two lines coming off of there going to the front brake calipers.

Spartan

No there is another type of brake line system that goes straight from the MC to the brake calipers, which is the dual line style. It is supposedly more equal in braking...I've tried it but I couldn't get my system to pressurize and went to a T style.

Livingmylife93

Quote from: Spartan727 on October 17, 2010, 04:56:26 AM
No there is another type of brake line system that goes straight from the MC to the brake calipers, which is the dual line style. It is supposedly more equal in braking...I've tried it but I couldn't get my system to pressurize and went to a T style.

Yea, thats what im talking about...
So it didnt work out for you?

Spartan

Well for me I had problems, but I always have problems with stuff :lol: I think Colorado700R is running a dual line setup on his...but yeah for me I had too many problems and went back to a new T style.

Mad Dog

I have a dual line on the 700, t-style on the 660.  Don't really notice a difference in braking feel or distribution of force though both are stiffer than stock lines.

If your setup is working I wouldn't bother with changing it.

Alkire193

I dont think that auction is for a dual brake line set up. Looking at the sellers other auctions, that is a generic picture for steel braided hoses. The picture he has for a TRX is the same.  :confused:

Spartan

QuoteYou are looking at American Stars Dual Stainless Steel DOT Approved PFTE Front Racing Brakelines.

From the auction..

The pictures may be generic but a lot of lines are similar lengths and looks.

Krandall

I believe Aaron switched to a dual line setup.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Livingmylife93

Im switching because im getting +3 a-arms soon, so i need longer lines...

Colorado700R

I have the dual line setup from speedlinez they have a double banjobolt out of the resivior (one to each caliper).  the advantage is more available fluid pressure.  My front brakes are extremely sensative now, and i litteraly use one finger to brake in some trail cornering.

I think I paid $70.00 for the setup from speedlinez.

Aaron

Colorado700R

here's the link http://www.speedlinez.com/ATVBrakelines.html . they are available for up to +3 arms for 69.99 + 7.00 shipping.

Aaron

Kamakazi

aaron, can you post some pictures of your installed lines and all of the connecting points?
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Mad Dog

Quote from: kamakazi on October 18, 2010, 04:20:37 PM
aaron, can you post some pictures of your installed lines and all of the connecting points?

There are two points for each line, one at the brake rez on the bars and one at the brakes themselves.

Alkire193

Quote from: Colorado700R on October 18, 2010, 03:37:30 PM
I have the dual line setup from speedlinez they have a double banjobolt out of the resivior (one to each caliper).  the advantage is more available fluid pressure.  My front brakes are extremely sensative now, and i litteraly use one finger to brake in some trail cornering.

I think I paid $70.00 for the setup from speedlinez.

Aaron

id like to hear more about this, this is the first ive heard of a dual banjo off the reservoir. Sorry to mislead the initial poster..... :(