how to get the axle bearing out of the carrier?

Started by Livingmylife93, September 23, 2010, 03:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

i'm putting in new axle bearings, and just wanted to know the easiest and fastest way to get it done.....

Let me know, thanks guys.

Krandall

I had to have mine pressed out. But you could try putting the carrier in the freezer. then taking a torch and heating the outside of the carrier.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

rappyfreak

I used a long screwdriver and gently hammered the bearing out from the other side, hitting all around, no problems.
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Peelz

Quote from: rappyfreak on September 23, 2010, 10:49:24 PM
I used a long screwdriver and gently hammered the bearing out from the other side, hitting all around, no problems.

yep. that is how I got the 660 bearings out. those things were grenaded into bits.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Ezkymco

If the inner race, cage and balls come out leaving the outer race behind, if you have a MIG  welder you can run a weld around the inide of it and it should just fall out (with a gentle tap)

XC_Raptor700R

Quote from: rappyfreak on September 23, 2010, 10:49:24 PM

Same here but with a punch and hammer.
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com

Blair

i used a punch and a hammer... and a press... mainly because i forgot i had the press in the garage when i beat the first side out... then i realized i was an idiot and went to the press... popped it out in about 2 seconds
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

XC_Raptor700R

I'm wondering how well the tool from Rocky Mountain works for removing axle bearings ?? ??
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com

Livingmylife93

Peelz

yeah we didn't have TOO much trouble. My bearings came out in pieces they were so rusted and destroyed. Knock em right outta there, just make sure you don't gouge the carrier bad. And clean, scrape it real good before you slide the new ones in.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"